RickDeckard

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know some folks just throw a blanket on the bars to protect them. If it was me, I'd try to cut some pool noodles and just pop them on the bars for extra protection and likely easier than putting a blanket on, which may slide off.
There's a company that makes Bronco Bar Skinz, https://tredwear.com/tire-kits/bronco-bar-skinz/, but I can't decide if I want to stick this on the roll bars. Maybe PPF?
Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just put together the pulley frame and it looks way bigger than the instruction photos. Even with the frame collapsed to its smallest size, the foam blocks overhang the front and rear roof of the hardtop shell. In the instructions, the foam blocks appear to rest on top of the roof of the shell. Are you guys spacing out the frame as instructed in the instructions and leaving them extended beyond the hardtop shell?

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just put together the pulley frame and it looks way bigger than the instruction photos. Even with the frame collapsed to its smallest size, the foam blocks overhang the front and rear roof of the hardtop shell. In the instructions, the foam blocks appear to rest on top of the roof of the shell. Are you guys spacing out the frame as instructed in the instructions and leaving them extended beyond the hardtop shell?
I left mine as is and the straps pull up and out instead of up and in. This keeps the straps from getting too tight on the edge of the shell.

Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist IMG_5894.JPG

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks guys! Got the hoist system installed over the weekend. The rear shell of my hardtop is due to be replaced under warranty for some warping issues, so will put the lift to the test after I get the vehicle back from the dealer.

JCW

Badlands
First Name
JCW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed mine this week. Agree, direction were an after thought, not helpful, and install videos are all Jeeps. But concept is solid and after a couple adjustments it works as intended. Pool noodle works well to protect front of hard top.
Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist 8F58906B-1177-42D6-ACFC-20DF636BA7BF

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine this week. Agree, direction were an after thought, not helpful, and install videos are all Jeeps. But concept is solid and after a couple adjustments it works as intended. Pool noodle works well to protect front of hard top.
Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist 8F58906B-1177-42D6-ACFC-20DF636BA7BF
Looks like you've found perfectly level... or close to it.

JCW

Badlands
First Name
JCW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took a couple adjustments...and note the front panels are not in the netting below. Just easier to store in their bag on a shelf.
Again, solid concept. Happy with it. BUT it's designed for Jeep and sold as a Bronco solution. They can make it great with a few tweaks and clear instructions.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got mine installed this Thursday but am still adjusting it to make it level....can't seem to get it exactly level front to back...always seems to slightly drop forward or backwards depending which way I'm adjusting the pullies. Only have 8 1/2 foot ceiling in the garage which makes it a tight fit.

On a side note, same experience as one other purchaser who stated his package didn't have the large push pins required for the install....it requires 8 and they send me 6. Had to go out and buy a couple to complete the install. SmarterHome apologizes profusely and send them 2 days later. A follow up email arrives and they acknowledge that the push pins have been a problem that they thought had been resolved.

Sponsored

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had mine for a few months. The frame and instructions definitely did not match up. I adjusted it as small as it would go and things work well. No issue with missing pieces.
Ford Bronco SmarterHome Smart Garage Bronco Hoist 817E3967-53C5-4EBA-88D5-EBE9372474C0

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
This looks like a good way to go. I’m still waiting on my 2 door, but I have been looking for an easy way to remove the top. I’ll be going between beach mode with the top off, and camping mode with it on. I’m also looking at rack options, and if I forgo a roof top tent, I can get by with a short rack just over the clamshell.

It looks like the brackets fit over the middle section stacked on the clamshell for the 4 door. Would the system work on a 2 door with a short rack (like the BATent or TrailRax)? It would be nice to not have to remove and reinstall all the time. Thanks,

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought a Lange for my Bronco two door hard top. Love it! Stores the front panels on top. Easy install on the garage ceiling, but it can be installed on the wall for lower ceilings.

Buzz505

Black Diamond
First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had high hopes for this, clearly " IN THE FIELD " R/D ... atrotious instructions... This install video is not any help ... sales Propaganda only... I have found that every review of this item leaves out the details ... when the manufacture won't zoom in to show the proper attachment points ... that says it all. Great idea ... horribly executed .... They tried to modify a Jeep manual #fail ... Going to need to ask for a refund ... I give up .... and Im not convinced they even really know how to setup or they would publish a setup Video ! not a sales video ! DISAPPOINTED
My feelings exactly. Annoying video from the manufacturer. I am trying to figure it out on my own because they appear to cover all the basis for possible failure to get out of possible law suit but leave out instructions, probably a good product, just inept at installing the product.

Buzz505

Black Diamond
First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could somebody post the correct position for the pulley, ie: which holes to use. I contacted support and they say to level it and reposition the pulley after it is hooked up. Appreciate the help.
Sponsored