Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco members,
I have a 2.7L 4-door with around 4k miles. I keep smelling antifreeze and I've checked the clamps around the radiator hoses and they appear tight. Any thoughts or pointer's to check?
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco members,
I have a 2.7L 4-door with around 4k miles. I keep smelling antifreeze and I've checked the clamps around the radiator hoses and they appear tight. Any thoughts or pointer's to check?
Double check to make sure hoses aren't rubbing up against the pulleys. Several have had leaks causes by this.

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Double check to make sure hoses aren't rubbing up against the pulleys. Several have had leaks causes by this.
Checked last night both hot and cold side and didn't notice a spit for it to rub. I did tighten up the wiring harness. It wasn't rubbing but was close.

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would take it to the dealer if you canā€™t find the problem let them take care of it
Will do. Need to write it down as we forgot to tell them when it was dropped off for last oil change.

Sponsored

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve noticed the same. I told my dealer about the rubbing and they pulled the hose back, but still smells after 1,500 miles. Also reservoir is below min. ā€˜Note to self, check this when you get homeā€™.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any updates to this guys? I just picked mine up today and the coolant is this level here.

Ford Bronco Smell of antifreeze (radiator fluid) IMG_6197.JPG

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bringing it in tomorrow. Ours is below the min line.

Hoses all look solid

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was the result for those of you that had this issue previously?

I just picked mine up on Friday. Had the dealership top off the coolant because it was below the min line from the factory. I have about 700 miles on it now and it is back to the minimum line. I don't see any signs of leaks. Checked hoses and clamps and all looks good. Does it take this long to bleed all air out of the system? Trying to decide whether to have the dealership look into it or just top it off one more time and I'll monitor.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just messaged @flip about this today. Mine is about 3/4ā€ below min after it was in spec on delivery. 4400 miles. I noticed a smell when I got home tonight but chalked it up to just spraying off salt at the car wash. Topping it off tomorrow with the yellow motorcraft coolant and will continue to monitor. He mentioned his has creeped below min as well over time. Whereā€™s it going?
Ford Bronco Smell of antifreeze (radiator fluid) D4CFC5D9-9498-42AB-89F0-FA03A192FE72

Sponsored

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just messaged @flip about this today. Mine is about 3/4ā€ below min after it was in spec on delivery. 4400 miles. I noticed a smell when I got home tonight but chalked it up to just spraying off salt at the car wash. Topping it off tomorrow with the yellow motorcraft coolant and will continue to monitor. He mentioned his has creeped below min as well over time. Whereā€™s it going?
Ford Bronco Smell of antifreeze (radiator fluid) D4CFC5D9-9498-42AB-89F0-FA03A192FE72
I looked pretty thoroughly through the engine bay. Hoses and clamps all look fine. I don't see any sign off loss beneath the reservoir or anywhere else. Stopped at the dealership today to pick up the proper coolant type. I also made an appointment to check on a coolant leak for next Wednesday.

I will top off today and if the level drops within the next week I will bring it to the appointment.

If you hear any more on this can you update? Thanks!

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Noticed today mine was about 3/4ā€ below the minimum line. It was at the full mark upon delivery but also was still warm from them filling it with fuel and washing. I donā€™t care for the service Dept at my purchasing dealer but maybe they are competent enough to top off the coolant with out scratching or breaking anything.

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So the fluid level has now stayed w/n margin - but after off-roading (typically up steeper inclines/more technical areas) I still smell Anti-freeze. Under normal driving I don't notice it. It doesn't appear to be leaking (noticeable) but has that smell. Any thoughts?

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I always liked the smell of antifreeze, diesel and leaded-gasoline. It's probably what made me what I am today.

OP
OP
hollapm

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I always liked the smell of antifreeze, diesel and leaded-gasoline. It's probably what made me what I am today.
Just don't drink, smoke or eat them ;-)
Sponsored