Sponsored

Smoking (BBQ etc) thread. Not grilling ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've got a Butt in the fridge now. Going to see if I can figure that one out tomorrow on the Weber kettle.

OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So for ? I always inject the breast with a butter based injection. Add fat/flavor.

One of my favorites I’ve done is tritip. Smoke to Med rare temp.

Beef ribs are also one of my favorites. Mustard as a binder and salt and heavy on the pepper as the rub. Simple and perfect.

I also have great recipe for smoked nuts (usually pecans). But anynut of your choice works.

have a duck ? I’m doing tomorrow. Will be a first for me so hope it turns out ok.

first three pics beef ribs.
Next prime rib I did for Christmas. The best thing I’ve done. Also the most expensive.
Last two tritip.

Ford Bronco Smoking (BBQ etc) thread. Not grilling ? EE6BC6ED-C070-4C9C-848D-D055C374C099

Ford Bronco Smoking (BBQ etc) thread. Not grilling ? A93EFBEE-F0D5-4E3E-8363-AA87C9DEE51F

Ford Bronco Smoking (BBQ etc) thread. Not grilling ? EE7929AE-2E1B-4B0D-8068-CEE380E5DED7

Ford Bronco Smoking (BBQ etc) thread. Not grilling ? EFCD8906-3B10-4833-9CFE-AA191D837F4E

Ford Bronco Smoking (BBQ etc) thread. Not grilling ? 7B3BAF1F-49C7-48E7-84F5-8CB0D4E1CF6E

Ford Bronco Smoking (BBQ etc) thread. Not grilling ? C56C5F9A-62E3-4F08-819D-8B229D5BD6A9

Last edited:
OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a pit boss pellet smoker. So some purists say I’m cheating and I’m ok with that. The ease of a pellet smoker is unbeatable. Bought it about 10 months ago and have used it way more than I thought I would. I do something almost every weekend.

I’m a little obsessed.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a Traeger, bought it several years ago, and use the hell out of it. I typically do chicken breast and fish on it... my wife doesn't eat red meat, but recently I did a tri-tip for the first time, and it was amazing... slow cooked it until the internal temp hit 130, pulled it off, wrapped it in tin foil, and then cranked the temp up all the way.. once it was hot - put the meat back on, 4 min on each side, and it was amazing.

Sponsored

tbrown1233

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are your favorite things to smoke?
Tips/tricks to a good brisket? Turkey? Ribs?
Look up spatchcocking for chicken or turkey. IMO it’s the best way to get a perfectly done bird every time. Crisp skin and juicy as can be.
Do a lot of over night butt cooks and always love ribs!

spars332

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brisket, Dino beef ribs and pork butt/ shoulder.

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For brisket:
Traditional style I follow this
https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/beef-and-bison-recipes/smoked-brisket-texas-style

I always separate the point from the flat

For my new space age cheater style I smoke the brisket for 4 hours, remove from heat, allow to cool sufficiently, then bag it and sous-vide it overnight. Next day its back on the smoker for 4 more hours to regain the bark.

A lot of sources will tell you to sous-vide before or after, but the tradeoffs are less smoke flavor (sous-vide before) or soggy bark (sous-vide after). Thats why I go the "do it in the middle route"

Done one brisket this way and I believe it came out jucier, but I've got a lot of playing around before I can claim its the right way to go.

Personally I'd love to play with a pellet smoker for those days I want good barbecue without having to babysit so if thats how you roll, more power to you

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So for ? I always inject the breast with a butter based injection. Add fat/flavor.

One of my favorites I’ve done is tritip. Smoke to Med rare temp.

Beef ribs are also one of my favorites. Mustard as a binder and salt and heavy on the pepper as the rub. Simple and perfect.

I also have great recipe for smoked nuts (usually pecans). But anynut of your choice works.

have a duck ? I’m doing tomorrow. Will be a first for me so hope it turns out ok.

first three pics beef ribs.
Next prime rib I did for Christmas. The best thing I’ve done. Also the most expensive.
Last two tritip.

Ford Bronco Smoking (BBQ etc) thread. Not grilling ? C56C5F9A-62E3-4F08-819D-8B229D5BD6A9

Aww man! Are you Catering the pick up party???

spars332

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never thought to Sous Vide!! Great idea!

tbrown1233

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For brisket:
Traditional style I follow this
https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/beef-and-bison-recipes/smoked-brisket-texas-style

I always separate the point from the flat

For my new space age cheater style I smoke the brisket for 4 hours, remove from heat, allow to cool sufficiently, then bag it and sous-vide it overnight. Next day its back on the smoker for 4 more hours to regain the bark.

A lot of sources will tell you to sous-vide before or after, but the tradeoffs are less smoke flavor (sous-vide before) or soggy bark (sous-vide after). Thats why I go the "do it in the middle route"

Done one brisket this way and I believe it came out jucier, but I've got a lot of playing around before I can claim its the right way to go.

Personally I'd love to play with a pellet smoker for those days I want good barbecue without having to babysit so if thats how you roll, more power to you
Sounds good! I do Aaron Franklins method for brisket. Just S&P and it’s heaven

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@RLW what temp did you smoke the prime rib too? Did you sear it afterwards?

I have the Pot Boss that is the combo pellets and propane. The propane side is nice for quick hotdogs and such. But what I found out after I bought it is that there is a duct from the pellet side to the propane side so you are able to smoke on each.

I used to smoke on an old vertical using a combo of charcoal and wood but after the Pit Boss I will never go back. Is it smoking for dummies? Yup. Can I throw a brisket on in the early hours and go back to bed? Yup. Have I used it every weekend since father's day for smoking or grilling. Absolutely.
Sponsored