Sponsored

SMS Exposed Roof Rack installed under soft top!

CoffeeSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed the SMS Exposed roof rack! Real easy process, only had a little troubleshooting with getting the front bar in, had to adjust the spacers underneath. Took only about 30 minutes with two people.

It also fits without having to adjust anything from the Gearshade Bimini top bungee placepoints except the center ones which I moved over just one screw easy day. I'm stoked to have this set-up ready for my kayak in the spring.

Only other major accessories I have to add is the Fender Deletes I have and then I'll be done with my bronco for now.

20211223_125502.jpg

20211223_125238.jpg

20211223_125549.jpg
Sponsored

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good idea especially if you can also have the soft top closed. Do you have a link to the SMS?

Last edited:

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would be sweet if they had an aero bar option... like c'mon the product is literally designed to be used with the top off of the vehicle lol. Almost as bad as FORD DECIDING TO CREATE A FACTORY ROOFRACK THAT DOESNT ALLOW THE REMOVABLE PANELS TO BE REMOVED! smdh

Sponsored

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed the SMS Exposed roof rack! Real easy process, only had a little troubleshooting with getting the front bar in, had to adjust the spacers underneath. Took only about 30 minutes with two people.

It also fits without having to adjust anything from the Gearshade Bimini top bungee placepoints except the center ones which I moved over just one screw easy day. I'm stoked to have this set-up ready for my kayak in the spring.

Only other major accessories I have to add is the Fender Deletes I have and then I'll be done with my bronco for now.

Ford Bronco SMS Exposed Roof Rack installed under soft top! 20211223_125549

Hey, looking into this. Do you have a picture with the soft top closed?

dsco

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nice and clean, perfect for summer. any concerns about the fender delete and rocks, mud, debris getting kicked up into the side panels?

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You just cost me $700 🤣
No actually I have been trying to re-find this thread for days to make sure bimini and roof racks could work together.
Is this the "solid" roof rack? I see they also have "click-in" as well and I'm not quite sure the difference.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CoffeeSquatch

CoffeeSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You just cost me $700 🤣
No actually I have been trying to re-find this thread for days to make sure bimini and roof racks could work together.
Is this the "solid" roof rack? I see they also have "click-in" as well and I'm not quite sure the difference.
The "click-in" allows you to add accessories they have on their site like kayak holders and other things. I got it just in case but really I just throw my kayak on there and strap it down no issues!

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The "click-in" allows you to add accessories they have on their site like kayak holders and other things. I got it just in case but really I just throw my kayak on there and strap it down no issues!
Thanks! I am using mainly for kayaks as well so if strapping is easy enough alone I think I will go that route.

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you driven highway speed with the bimimi top? I have a thule roof cargo carried Id like to use and the Exposed bars would work. However, a drive from NJ to OBX with the roof open would be a bit loud.

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How long did it take you to get them? I had them on preorder when they first announced, but after a few months of nothing, I cancelled. Might put an order in again if they are up to speed on production.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How long did it take you to get them? I had them on preorder when they first announced, but after a few months of nothing, I cancelled. Might put an order in again if they are up to speed on production.
Just placed my order for the racks and it says 1-3 weeks for shipping right now. I am in no rush though since I will mainly use it for Kayaks and the ice won't melt here until June.
Sponsored