www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raptor top 10.75" stock bottom 10.25"

Ford Bronco Snapped a Tie Rod … thankful for trail mates inner tre2

End view. Stock stub on left is stock and is about 11/16"in length, Raptor is about 9/16" thread on both is the same.
Ford Bronco Snapped a Tie Rod … thankful for trail mates inner tre1
Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok so the dealer closest to me in Gastonia can have the part in a couple
days….their labor is $155 to put in.

the alignment is $129.

id like to save the $155

Y’all think I can get it on myself ? I did not see y’all take it off….
If you're still less than a year and below 12k miles, alignment is covered under warranty.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am quite lost with the tie rods.
When watching videos on Youtube it seems very long and complicated to change with many tools required including specific clamping tools.

Then on the forum some people say it‘s super easy an take 5 min. Is the Bronco different to video I can see for other Fords on YouTube?

Also, what’s the definitive answer on splints like the Broncbuster one: is it going to risk breaking the steering rack or not?

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When watching videos on Youtube it seems very long and complicated to change with many tools required including specific clamping tools.

Then on the forum some people say it‘s super easy an take 5 min. Is the Bronco different to video I can see for other Fords on YouTube?

Thanks for the help.
I would also like to see if someone can chime in on the process of replacing it and what tools we should keep in our trail bags that are needed when replacing tie rods

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't want to start a new thread but finally got a couple of the new style outer TRE in. This is P/N NB3Z-3A130-A, description " LESS VERSION PACKAGES, CONTINUOUS CNTRL DAMPING SUSPENSION", AKA, Raptor/Warthog.....I think.

Ford Bronco Snapped a Tie Rod … thankful for trail mates 1658433949292

New thread please.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the -B is all I would need if I break tie rod on trails right?
Yes. For the $$ difference, I'd get the -A and get the boot and clamps because if the boot gets messed up for some reason, buying it later is a lot more expensive. Not trying to upsell it but we've sold more of the kit than we have just the inner by itself. Also, these don't come with the jamb nut for whatever reason so I'd go to the hardware store and get a couple extras just in case the old one won't come off if the break is gnarly.

OP
OP
Tarheel_Wes

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, what’s the definitive answer on splints like the Broncbuster one: is it going to risk breaking the steering rack or not?

Thanks for the help.
I"ll let @Copperhorse73 and @Tricky Dick chime in here because they are the ones that actually repaired my rig while I went to buy the Ranger tie rod...but, it seems to be relatively simple with a few tools.

We should have filmed it. But I think just some basic hand tools: socket wrenches, a crescent, and then a torque wrench for getting stuff torqued down the right way.

This video of the JKS sleeves gives you a decent idea of what you need to do...though it doesn't actually show the INNER tie rod being removed, but gives you a decent look.

Last edited:

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I"ll let @Copperhorse73 and @Tricky Dick chime in here because they are the ones that actually repaired my rig while I went to buy the Ranger tie rod...but, it seems to be relatively simple with a few tools.

We should have filmed it. But I think just some basic hand tools: socket wrenches, a crescent, and then a torque wrench for getting stuff torqued down the right way.
I carry a large crescent and a crow foot wrench. A brass hammer needed too , for dislodging the ball joint on the outer. Also a long screwdriver for the clamp. 18/21 socket/impact gun (depends on your rig so I carry both) for the tie rod nut. I also carry a combination hydraulic jack built into jack stand
Sponsored