Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have had discussions regarding support mounts for the soft top. Unfortunately keeping the top operational with a rack is going to be a problem.
At least for myself (I think a few more would agree), the soft top was a sacrifice to have our orders built. It's nice & all, I just don't see myself actually using. I'd mount an exo rack in a heartbeat & never really miss the convertible top.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Will an upgraded roof rack increase the load ratings? I for some reason thought the ratings were based on the rooftop, not the rack.

Sponsored

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Calling JCR rack owners; did you install this plastic (rubber) trim piece? I like the look of this rack over the BadAss, but this is bothering me. If the strip is removed, is the metal touching the paint? I can just imagine this strip rubbing into the paint after enough vibration. And I guess the next question, does it produce more noise without the trim? Thanks!

Ford Bronco Sneak peak at development on our roof rack! JcrOffroad roof_rack

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Calling JCR rack owners; did you install this plastic (rubber) trim piece? I like the look of this rack over the BadAss, but this is bothering me. If the strip is removed, is the metal touching the paint? I can just imagine this strip rubbing into the paint after enough vibration. And I guess the next question, does it produce more noise without the trim? Thanks!

Ford Bronco Sneak peak at development on our roof rack! JcrOffroad roof_rack
You need to install it. It prevents metal/metal contact and also keeps the wind from whistling between it.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could anyone share a pic of their rack mount covers? I know I'm being picky but I want to see how much you had to grind off the sides to make it fit between the bracket sides. Also can they be used again if you take the rack off? Thanks!

Ford Bronco Sneak peak at development on our roof rack! JcrOffroad Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 18.51.52

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could anyone share a pic of their rack mount covers? I know I'm being picky but I want to see how much you had to grind off the sides to make it fit between the bracket sides. Also can they be used again if you take the rack off? Thanks!

Ford Bronco Sneak peak at development on our roof rack! JcrOffroad Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 18.51.52
You could use them, but you will see the trimmed areas.

Our install video on our product page shows trimming them.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Working on the soft top 4-door variant:

Any updates on the soft top rack? Love the look from the front of your guys rack (Justin McBride sold me) and I am itching to put a roof top tent on my Bronco!
Sponsored