Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious why you went with Stainless? Why not carbon steel if you're powder coating? Is it just for rust proof precaution?
Because if you've ever installed any kind of bolt on something you'll know that as soon as you do, you scratch the paint. That leaves that surface area open for rust.

Going with stainless means you don't have to worry about scratching the powder coating, you're still protected.
Sponsored

Due51

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because if you've ever installed any kind of bolt on something you'll know that as soon as you do, you scratch the paint. That leaves that surface area open for rust.

Going with stainless means you don't have to worry about scratching the powder coating, you're still protected.
I'm familiar with steel but not stainless. Does powder coating scratch easier on carbon steel than stainless? And isn't the stock front bumper powder coated carbon steel?

I'm not trying to start a debate. Genuinely trying to learn so when I make a purchase, I make an informed purchase.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm familiar with steel but not stainless. Does powder coating scratch easier on carbon steel than stainless? And isn't the stock front bumper powder coated carbon steel?

I'm not trying to start a debate. Genuinely trying to learn so when I make a purchase, I make an informed purchase.
Powder coating scratches easily on all materials, because it's just a coating. It's more durable then paint but if you start attaching things to a powder coated surface, it's going to scratch, especially if you start sliding things around.

Being this is right near the ground it's going to see a lot of abuse. Better to have stainless under the powder coating so that IF it does get scratched you don't need to worry. If you had regular steel there, over time you'll notice rust.

I've got a few things on my Raptor that are powder coated steel, and over the years i'm starting to see rust.

Stainless costs most money but since we offer a lifetime warranty, you are paying for that quality

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So while we wait for the stainless steel prototype, I decided to dial in my 3D printer and did another test print overnight. Here is the result. This is a pretty slick mounting system. Keep in mind this IS a 3D print so you're going to see some layers and bends due to the print warping as it prints (16 hour print is a long print). My bezels are upside down and the Baja lights are all amber (just grabbed what we had) but you'll be able to pick/choose what lighting setup you want

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1642455090476

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1642455099412

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1642455108626

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1642455119729

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1642455131245

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1642455136740

Ford Bronco TRIPLE FOG KITS | New Flush Mount Kit Now Available at 4x4TruckLEDs.com 1642455145889

You can really see it warped in this last photo. Oooof.

jc356982

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So after speaking with some customers and installing the Baja Designs Reverse Kit on our own Bronco truck, we decided it was time for a slight change.

Now, the Reverse Kit Baja Designs offers IS a nice kit. They give you a tire mounted mounting bracket for the lights. However I wasn't happy with how close together the lights were.

After speaking with a few customers, we decided to come up with a bumper mounted option.

So here it is folks, the bumper mounted Reverse Kit w/Baja Designs Lights

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/202-ford-bronco-reverse-kit-w-baja-designs/

1632941577104.png

Our custom made wiring harness is designed to give you complete control over your reverse lights. You can choose to activate the lights from your upfitter switch and automatically while putting your truck in reverse. A built in diode prevents power from back-feeding into the factory reverse circuit, protecting your factory lights. This also means your reverse lights serve a dual purpose. Throw a set of S2 Amber Rock Guards on the lights and you've now got a set of chase lights for the trails.

The included KR Off-Road extension bracket allows the lights to hang from factory bolts under your truck. This bracket is made right here in the USA out of 11 gauge stainless steel (and powder coated black) ensuring a lifetime of durability.

QUICK TIP: You can alter the height of the Lights by flipping the Baja Designs mounting bracket upside down. This will bring the lights closer to your bumper or further away.

Included:
  • 2x S1 or S2 Lights (Your Choice)
  • 2x Vehicle Specific Mounting Hardware
  • Baja Designs Upfitter Harness (Used to tap into the reverse circuit at your tail lights)
  • CrystaLux Upfitter Wiring Harness (allows you to control your reverse kit from your upfitters AS WELL AS automatically while in reverse)
Available and shipping right now for only $284.99 (you can choose from S1, S2 Sport & S2 Pro lights). As stated, this kit allows you to activate your reverse lights from an upfitter (or if you have your own switch panel, via that). At the same time, if you put your truck in reverse the lights turn on automatically (don't want that feature? Simply don't install the rear upfitter harness, which taps into your factory reverse circuit).

Available here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/202-ford-bronco-reverse-kit-w-baja-designs/

SAVE 10%
Use coupon code BRONCO6G and you'll save 10%
Is the “Vehicle Specific Mounting Hardware” sold separately?

Sponsored

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a fan of installing low hanging fruit on an off road vehicle. Hope to find a way to install recessed back up lighting in the rear bumper like I have on my Jeep

BU Lights 1.jpg

BU Lights 3.jpg

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am referencing the mounting hardware that is included in the product description.
No sorry this is our own kit we put together.

Uthatcher

First Edition
First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No sorry this is our own kit we put together.
I was going to ask the same thing.. I have a set of S1's sitting around and I'd like to mount them this way, with your wiring. There's no way to buy everything but the lights?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was going to ask the same thing.. I have a set of S1's sitting around and I'd like to mount them this way, with your wiring. There's no way to buy everything but the lights?
This is our reverse kit, we don't sell our mounting hardware separate

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really like these and will more than likely buy them. Too bad they will be right around the same price as the other setups but I get it. Yours will be available and are well designed. Please let us know when we can order. 😀
Our kits are cheaper then the Baja Designs kit. They're also designed so that you can mount Baja Designs or Diode Dynamics (and maybe some other brands we've not tested). So it works across the board. Ours will also be readily available, whereas the Baja kits are hard to get right now (we've got 70 of their kits coming in, but that's over the next month or two).

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@4x4TruckLEDs.com when the new KR bezel is ready for purchase, will it include upfitters or toggle? I see on your website you can select the 3 specific Baja Designs lights (currently to add to the wish list until the bezel is ready) but I didn't see a choice for wiring, like some of the other Bronco lighting product pages on your website. The description only says a wiring harness is included.

Also, will this hit come with hardware that you have sourced or is it from Baja?

I'm very excited about this product and glad you were all able to solve the problem since there is such a back order issue with BD. Your bezel mock up looks great. Can't wait to see the final product.
Sponsored