Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F250 Custom 4X4; Pending: Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello Bronco family,

Here are some photos of a new product we have been working on here at AGS Off-road. Introducing the Bronco Air-gate! We are looking to get some opinions from our customers. Would anyone be interested in a product like the one pictured below or would you rather have the mount built into a modular tailgate support? The version pictured below could be available for purchase much sooner than the modular tailgate support version. Both versions are still being tested and need your help to figure out which one to focus on more. Product pictured below is a proto-type and is not built to the same quality final production parts will be.

Thank you,
AGS Off-road
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
View attachment 383271
Brilliant! I have been thinking about where to mount the unit in a Bronco Raptor. It has been a challenge because the BRaptor has not arrived. The pictures I have seen of the engine area looks as though there is not enough free space to accommodate the twin compressor.
Sponsored

Moonmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really like that! nice use of space

sunpro2010

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor (9-7 build day)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oh I have the compressor etc was just wondering if they are running all the way up to the battery or what etc
From my understanding the auxiliary switches are terminated at common locations throughout the vehicle. So maybe there is one close to the tailgate area to use for compressor?

AM1217

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello Bronco family,

Here are some photos of a new product we have been working on here at AGS Off-road. Introducing the Bronco Air-gate! We are looking to get some opinions from our customers. Would anyone be interested in a product like the one pictured below or would you rather have the mount built into a modular tailgate support? The version pictured below could be available for purchase much sooner than the modular tailgate support version. Both versions are still being tested and need your help to figure out which one to focus on more. Product pictured below is a proto-type and is not built to the same quality final production parts will be.

Thank you,
AGS Off-road
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
View attachment 383271
The ARB hose coupling in the rim is not center of the hole. Maybe you didn't finish installing the tire correctly and that's why its off center. If so, someone should have waited to get the correct pic.
Those couplings you need a good grip to put the hose on and off.
I don't see how you can get a good grip on it when it's touching the rim.
If it was centered then it would help.
It is a great place to put the air compressor. I put mine under the hood already because nothing else existed. I would have chose this way.
I can't believe the jeep community didn't come up with this idea years ago.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, what size tires you airing up with a single ARB compressor? How long to air a tire? Do you have it mounted, if so where.

My Braptor is scheduled build week is 9-19, so I will be airing 37's up.
Brilliant! I have been thinking about where to mount the unit in a Bronco Raptor. It has been a challenge because the BRaptor has not arrived. The pictures I have seen of the engine area looks as though there is not enough free space to accommodate the twin compressor.
This does look like a good solution or location for the Raptor. I have not seen under the hood, and probably will not be until Oct when I can see under my hood.

Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my understanding the auxiliary switches are terminated at common locations throughout the vehicle. So maybe there is one close to the tailgate area to use for compressor?
The power supply cable for the ARB twin is a thicker guage and the power requirements exceed the largest AUX switch (30amp). So you'd need a dedicated run from the tailgate all the way to battery and the included harness was not long enough in the kit that came with mine.

@AGSOFFROAD did you end up needing to splice additional wiring for power and how did you route this? Nice work btw, I currently have mine mounted in engine bay but have concerns about heat and would like to free that space for winch controller as well.

AM1217

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a wire back there that can be used for the switch. But you have to run the fat power wires to the battery. Under the frame or take plastic off inside. If you go under the Frame just make sure to put the wire in a wire loom to protect it. You wires can go through the tail lights or they have rubber plugs under the carpet close to your frame in the rear.

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Shut up and take my money!

Sponsored

andythepilot

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 2021 Bronco 2 door First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m very interested. That’s awesome!

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would consider this but that's where I'm installing my machine gun for tailgaters.

Does it run hot due to almost being entirely enclosed? Any volume restrictions for intake due to the enclosed mount? Run slower, faster, the same? Any cold weather or rain impact on operation? Also noticed the wheel lock in your photo. Good tamperproof consideration.

Burnz442

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A,1969 442 W-30, 1986 CJ-7 2000 Firehwk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best MOD yet!