Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello Bronco family,

Here are some photos of a new product we have been working on here at AGS Off-road. Introducing the Bronco Air-gate! We are looking to get some opinions from our customers. Would anyone be interested in a product like the one pictured below or would you rather have the mount built into a modular tailgate support? The version pictured below could be available for purchase much sooner than the modular tailgate support version. Both versions are still being tested and need your help to figure out which one to focus on more. Product pictured below is a proto-type and is not built to the same quality final production parts will be.

Thank you,
AGS Off-road
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
View attachment 383271
I WANT THIS. Of course that is dependent on Ford scheduling, producing, and delivering my 2021 reserved Bronco. HURRY UP FORD, I have so much stuff to buy.
Sponsored

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This may seem like a crazy question but how would one of these compressors work for blowing up other items? Like does it have tips I can use for tubes?

Sorry I have kids and this is all new.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't usually get excited about products, BUT THIS IS PERFECT!! Sign me up and take my money.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello Bronco family,

Here are some photos of a new product we have been working on here at AGS Off-road. Introducing the Bronco Air-gate! We are looking to get some opinions from our customers. Would anyone be interested in a product like the one pictured below or would you rather have the mount built into a modular tailgate support? The version pictured below could be available for purchase much sooner than the modular tailgate support version. Both versions are still being tested and need your help to figure out which one to focus on more. Product pictured below is a proto-type and is not built to the same quality final production parts will be.

Thank you,
AGS Off-road
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
View attachment 383271
Hats off to you on that one, that was very creative and ingenious.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only found water resistant not water proof, which probably means you'll be driving around with a very expensive rusted up paper weight within 2 Years.
You posted water proof, but I couldn't find that, I'm not surprised, the internet is full of non answers.

But unless/ until someone can back this up, I'll let others spend their money.
Very few products are considered "waterproof". Manufacturers generally refer to their products as water resistant and will often offer an IP rating. That being said, I do not know the IP rating of the ARB Twin, but it can be submerged in water, so nothing to worry about having it mounted under the spare.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very few products are considered "waterproof". Manufacturers generally refer to their products as water resistant and will often offer an IP rating. That being said, I do not know the IP rating of the ARB Twin, but it can be submerged in water, so nothing to worry about having it mounted under the spare.
ARB states that the brushless fan that cools the electronics, motors and cylinder heads has an Ingress Protection rating of IP55.

Below is a chart that explains what that rating means...

Ford Bronco Pre-order live!! A new innovative ARB Twin Compressor mount (within spare tire mount) IP Ratings Guide

Attachments

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This may seem like a crazy question but how would one of these compressors work for blowing up other items? Like does it have tips I can use for tubes?

This is just an air compressor. You can attach any kind of fitting to the end. Blow up tires, pool floats, run small air tools, spray paint your house...

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ARB states that the brushless fan that cools the electronics, motors and cylinder heads has an Ingress Protection rating of IP55.

Below is a chart that explains what that rating means...

Ford Bronco Pre-order live!! A new innovative ARB Twin Compressor mount (within spare tire mount) IP Ratings Guide
Cool ... getting my learn on :LOL::cool:

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this is high pressure, low volume; you would be better served to carry a portable inflater (low pressure, high volume) for inflatables otherwise it will take forever to fill

Sponsored

Tstarks

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it... Could be some challenges, depending on the wheel you have

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Novel mounting solution, suspect they will have heat issues due to the way it's mounted and the design of the actual tire carrier limiting cooling air flow. Hopefully they will preform actual real world testing of at least 15 minutes run time airing up tires with at least 100 to 110 degrees F ambient outside temp.

Due to the design of the mount the cooling air for the compressor appears to be blowing the cooling air up into a dead air space in the spare tire mount and compounding the issue the air intakes are in this same area.

These ARB twins cylinder heads can exceed 250 degrees F while running with ambient temps of 94 F.

Here's an IR scan from a couple months ago that I took while doing some temperature testing or the ARB Twin compressor

Ford Bronco Pre-order live!! A new innovative ARB Twin Compressor mount (within spare tire mount) 1662605269377

Doesn't anyone know what type of material the Ford spare tire mount is made of.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These ARB twins cylinder heads can exceed 250 degrees F

Doesn't anyone know what type of material the Ford spare tire mount is made of.
Sounds to me if we air up long enough we can break out the hotdogs and have a weenie roast.
See, it's not all bad 😁

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a nice chart. Ty

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Novel mounting solution, suspect they will have heat issues due to the way it's mounted and the design of the actual tire carrier limiting cooling air flow. Hopefully they will preform actual real world testing of at least 15 minutes run time airing up tires with at least 100 to 110 degrees F ambient outside temp.
Most mount it under the hood. Cant imagine that has better airflow.
Sponsored