George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger, 2007 Honda Shadow
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm hyped for this! can't wait. I'll be going tomorrow morning. I saw they have the bronco sport also, I hope they don't do what jeep does and force you into the next available car. I want to experience the POWAAA of the bronco lol.šŸ˜‚

Gtbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger, 2007 Honda Shadow
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Broncos here at Chicago Auto Show

Ford Bronco Sneak Peek Chicago Show Bronco Track Built By Vaughn Gittin Jr. [Update: Order Holders Get "Skip The Line" Pass For Test Ride] F4121F64-9CE8-454D-A68D-DD898D1A66C6

Ford Bronco Sneak Peek Chicago Show Bronco Track Built By Vaughn Gittin Jr. [Update: Order Holders Get "Skip The Line" Pass For Test Ride] F4121F64-9CE8-454D-A68D-DD898D1A66C6

The black Diamond 4 door in cactus grey is my build! glad to see they will have one! first time I'll be able to see MGV seats. also it'll be cool to see the MIC top. I'm stoked to see the bronco up close and personal.

Sponsored

ToddPhil

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool setup, just left CAS. My first time seeing the Bronco, honestly itā€™s better than I thought. So comfortable inside and the Badlands w/33ā€™s is going to be perfect. Hereā€™s a vid of the ramp drive.

866B543B-9D41-45D8-A955-8893261472A8.jpeg

4F114AA3-3F49-4944-BB02-8EF8D9E60600.jpeg

ACAF8D40-54C4-4E4D-8232-201C13F79518.jpeg

Attachments

Sponsored

joespyder

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks again for the link! It worked perfectly.
We went straight to the front of the line and we got to ride in a SAS 2-door (similar to my base SAS order).
I had no idea the show was going on or this outdoor feature was happening. Was just up here visiting my daughter and saw it posted here. It was a quick little off-rodeo for us!

joespyder

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We went straight to the front of the line and we got to ride in a SAS 2-door (similar to my base SAS order).
I had no idea the show was going on or this outdoor feature was happening. Was just up here visiting my daughter and saw it posted here. It was a quick little off-rodeo for us!
Oops! It wasnā€™t Sasquatchā€™d. Just 33ā€™s.
I had 35ā€™s on my JK and should have known better but my excitement got the best of me! Impressed nonetheless!

shoyu

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord SE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So cool! Iā€™m happy to help! I bought a ticket to the Auto Show for tomorrow night. Glad it was a good time for you and that it all worked out.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m so tired of waiting, Iā€™m about ready to just start showing up to these events and be like:

ā€œIā€™m good with, ummm, that one. Iā€™ll take that one. Huh? Oh, no itā€™s cool, Iā€™ve been waiting over a year now, Iā€™m allowed to do this.ā€
@njAK84 I hear ya. Though it'd prolly go down like this:
Ford Bronco Sneak Peek Chicago Show Bronco Track Built By Vaughn Gittin Jr. [Update: Order Holders Get "Skip The Line" Pass For Test Ride] limo driver

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Canā€™t wait to see your feed back.
So, feedback... it was a lot of fun!

I really enjoyed the ride experience and even got to do it twice because my buddy and I talked them into letting each of us have a go at sitting in the front. First ride was in First Edition, second ride was in a Badlands. Having done the Jeep experience before, I think this one was even better and it was impressive to see how the Broncos performed. My favorite part was probably the trail turn assist demo.

I took a ton of pictures but they largely duplicate what others have posted, so I won't bother posting them again. They had a number of different series on display: a few Badlands, a First Edition, and a Black Diamond. The only ones that you could get in were a red 4D Badlands inside on the show floor and a cactus gray 4D Black Diamond outside. Both of these had soft tops. I was disappointed that you couldn't get inside the few hardtops (all MIC) because I wanted to get a closer look and check out the underside of the top.

In all, I was happy for the opportunity to finally get a chance to sit in one and get a feel of it compared to my Wrangler. I found the seats to be comfortable and in general, the interior was a bit more spacious than the Wrangler. I heard a lot of people describe the Bronco as a "big" vehicle, and while it did feel slightly larger than my Wrangler, it wasn't that dramatic of a difference.

The Black Diamond had MGV seats. Although I ordered leather in my WT, I have been curious about the MGV, so it was good to see it in person, and I'm happy to report that they are comfortable and have a quality feel to them. I would've been happy with them as well.

I wish they'd had a WT on display since that's what I ordered and I'd love to see one up close, but in all, it was a good representation of vehicles. Oh, and the classic Broncos they had on display were pretty cool too.

I do wonder if some of the static display models were preproduction. The brush bar on the FE was the pre-mod version that blocks the Bronco grill lettering. And looking back over the pictures I took, I did see one that suggested a possible rear door alignment issue (on the Black Diamond), but it could've just been that the door wasn't closed properly, or the pictures was from a weird angle. Also, I haven't been overly impressed with the stick-on series labels (e.g. Badlands, Wildtrak, etc.). I like that each gets a unique graphic, and I think the sasquatch graphic enhancement on equipped models is cool, but otherwise, the quality of the label itself looks a bit cheap relative to the vehicle to me. Some of the display models seemed to have labels that were slightly crooked and if you looked closely at the First Edition's label, it had some excess glue leaking out from the edge. A relatively minor complaint about an otherwise excellent vehicle and I left the show feeling pretty happy about my decision to order one.
Sponsored