First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The proof is it’s engineering 101. The point of failure on any design is the weakest part. In the case of the steering system strengthening the tie rod is going to put stress on the steering rack. It’s electric rack and pinion. Why do you think on the upgraded suspension the rack is reinforced upgraded as well.
Show me the racks that have failed because of upgrade tie rods.
Sponsored

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If these will be 350msrp that'll be great. Those broncbusters at the same price point seem over priced, however no alignment is necessary, guess it's the plus side of those.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you guys going to put a link we can sign up for a email when these become available? I 100% a customer for these when available!

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Count me in, Send it, Interested....I've got all the key words...take my money *starts throwing credit cards at computer screen*...make it so number one...why aren't these on my doorstep already!!!!! :D
Geez bud, ICON ain‘t that stripper you once proposed to at that tittie bar down Mexico way that one time. 🤣

Some how your drunk ass even offered to have her baby, but we’re still perplexed as to how you were going to pull that off, what was actually in that drink, and what were the contents of that little baggie you snuck off to the bathroom with twice that night? 🤪

You remember some of that, right?

ICON ain’t cheap, but they’re about the best quality suspension upgrades you can buy with very few compromises. Been singing their praises here for a couple years now. Great tie rod option they’ve developed here, but so strong, you may want to do this when upgrading your rack and or a full suspension set up. I bet these are on par with what’s on the Raptor.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These should be a good deal stronger than 3.0 tierods. Way to go Icon, this is the best solution yet.

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possibly stupid question incoming...

Are both ends able to be rebuilt? I'm assuming TRE side, press out, press new in, but the rack side?
The end that connects to the knuckle is a tapered fit, doesn't have to be pressed in just tighten it down, they can be a pain to get out. The rack side just threads on to the end of the rack.

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The BroncBuster guy has broken several. Not exactly sure what the circumstances were where he broke but it's definitely a case where he beefed up the tie rods so other stuff started breaking instead.

Stage lll heavy-duty passenger billet aluminum housing – Broncbuster (broncbustertx.com)

Ford Bronco ICON XD Forged Tie Rods 1665603337914
we should really stop using him as a benchmark...he's an anomaly. He's running 40" tires, lifted to the sky and he abuses the ever living hell out of the Bronco. He's not your normal user.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Show me the racks that have failed because of upgrade tie rods.
Wow! Hey, you don’t have to take anyone here’s word for it. Not the guy who works for one of the top aftermarket component shops in the world, nor the anticdotal replies from others on the forum.

Go on out there with your hardened tie rods and remember, “you don’t care bout no stinking Steering racks! The OEM one in your Bronco; it’ll drive ain’t it?” Nope, you just go out there and bash them little old boulders cause your Bronco is big and bad and you’re basically an Ultra4.

Truly appreciate your gracing us all with your expertise on the subject matter. Sorry that no one hammered out a PowerPoint slide with data, peer reviewed research, and pics. Cause you know, if there ain’t no pics, it really didn’t never happen! :cautious:

Feel better man!

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we should really stop using him as a benchmark...he's an anomaly. He's running 40" tires, lifted to the sky and he abuses the ever living hell out of the Bronco. He's not your normal user.
I agree, I do. Personally I think he breaks stuff intentionally so that he can market over-priced fixes.

That being said, this is the example where that has happened. I'd like to hear if anyone has ever done it with 37s.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! Hey, you don’t have to take anyone here’s word for it. Not the guy who works for one of the top aftermarket component shops in the world, nor the anticdotal replies from others on the forum.

Go on out there with your hardened tie rods and remember, “you don’t care bout no stinking Steering racks! The OEM one in your Bronco; it’ll drive ain’t it?” Nope, you just go out there and bash them little old boulders cause your Bronco is big and bad and you’re basically an Ultra4.

Truly appreciate your gracing us all with your expertise on the subject matter. Sorry that no one hammered out a PowerPoint slide with data, peer reviewed research, and pics. Cause you know, if there ain’t no pics, it really didn’t never happen! :cautious:

Feel better man!
I have no idea what this rant is about. You're losing it man.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good job Icon! Very excited to see these come to market. I’ll share this in Gold Country Broncos as I know a few of us are preparing to go to 37’s. Highly recommend Broncbuster steering rack fixes as well to anyone buying these.
Sponsored