Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess you don't get it
They convert my reservation without my consent..... few days before the deadline for the convertion... I caught them do it and I told them to issue a refund despite all that they still to their Shenanigan that give them more allocation for their dealership and they know how to trick them system 'loophole' cancel the order after Vin was issued..... no need to be rocket scientist to see how shaddy they operate....
No, I get it. You explained it fine. Never converted your order, but the dealership did. Basically the dealership took your reservation after you canceled and made it theirs. Like I said, shady as hell, but not a surprise. I swear I have read this situation on this forum before. You can be mad, raise hell at the dealership and at Ford if you want, but it won't change anything. Sorry this happened, but I don't think you are the first or the last person that a dealership has done this to.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess I'm confused. I was in a similar situation. I didn't get any pricing info from my first dealer so made a second reseration with Granger. I went into the Ford system and cancelled my first reservation. Got my $100 back almost immediately. System showed reservation as cancelled so the dealer didn't have a chance to pull any shinanigans.
I did not see anything on ford web under my account to cancel the order

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, I get it. You explained it fine. Never converted your order, but the dealership did. Basically the dealership took your reservation after you canceled and made it theirs. Like I said, shady as hell, but not a surprise. I swear I have read this situation on this forum before. You can be mad, raise hell at the dealership and at Ford if you want, but it won't change anything. Sorry this happened, but I don't think you are the first or the last person that a dealership has done this to.
Life it good....

I still have my reservation with a very early timestamp.....

My plan b for the short term
My best friend is building 1973 bronco....
Basically everything is new on it he just keep the Vin from the original.....
I have dibb on it ..... but when I received my new bronco Vin this month .... my best friend will have 1973 bronco for sale if you are interested let me know

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simple enough; dealer converted without permission to booster allocations. Customer tried to get it fixed, did not get in touch with the right people (it was a very long and changing process), got disgusted, told dealer to cancel. Had dealer cancelled, Bronco order would have disappeared. So dealer waited until VIN issued and it was being built and sent to them, then cancelled the order in a seemingly intentional effort to get a Bronco they could sell to anyone, while screwing the reservation holder. This behavior had been fully expected and will probably be prevalent

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Simple enough; dealer converted without permission to booster allocations. Customer tried to get it fixed, did not get in touch with the right people (it was a very long and changing process), got disgusted, told dealer to cancel. Had dealer cancelled, Bronco order would have disappeared. So dealer waited until VIN issued and it was being built and sent to them, then cancelled the order in a seemingly intentional effort to get a Bronco they could sell to anyone, while screwing the reservation holder. This behavior had been fully expected and will probably be prevalent
From my experience once a order is canceled it’s gone for ever. I had two really nice sale managers one from corporate that tried to fix mine and it was a no go.

Sponsored

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my experience once a order is canceled it’s gone for ever. I had two really nice sale managers one from corporate that tried to fix mine and it was a no go.
Once a vin has been issued it's to late to cancel or change your build, if the res holder no longer wants the truck then the dealer gets it to sell. At least that is the way I understood it back when the process was explained by Ford and the members of this Form. So maybe the dealer held out until a vin was issued then canceled the order, sent the OP his $100 . Now the dealer will have a Bronco to sell. You will see this a lot, but can you blame the dealers. It's a supply and demand issue and they will have to be creative to get their supplies. If the OP was going to cancel it anyway who cares if it went to the dealer ? Do you really think everyone would move up a spot, I'm a day 1 res still without a build date or vin. Get over it and be thankful you have a early res, but that doesn't guarantee a MY21 build. Is the OP just upset the dealership he doesn't have a vin and build date before he does. And now regrets his decision? 1st world problems

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
‘No good deed goes unpunished” I guess. i think you were clever to place two reservations. I was not so inclined. Given your generous nature, I would hope in the future you keep both reservations and you could have auctioned the second Bronco and given the proceeds to charity. Thanks for sharing your story. Got me thinking.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got you're 100$ back, you have no dog in the fight. The dealership did exactly what many others are doing. They are free to claim that allotment and sell it even after you cancel your order. Your making something out of nothing.

Slow down with the .........................................'s
Here I see a guy investing a whopping $100, demanding it back, and then going all-out butt hurt because he does not get to decide what Ford and the dealer do with that Bronco... besides the fact that he entertained the idea of making a profit on this whole thing.

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You perfectly resume the situation

Thanks

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Once a vin has been issued it's to late to cancel or change your build, if the res holder no longer wants the truck then the dealer gets it to sell. At least that is the way I understood it back when the process was explained by Ford and the members of this Form. So maybe the dealer held out until a vin was issued then canceled the order, sent the OP his $100 . Now the dealer will have a Bronco to sell. You will see this a lot, but can you blame the dealers. It's a supply and demand issue and they will have to be creative to get their supplies. If the OP was going to cancel it anyway who cares if it went to the dealer ? Do you really think everyone would move up a spot, I'm a day 1 res still without a build date or vin. Get over it and be thankful you have a early res, but that doesn't guarantee a MY21 build. Is the OP just upset the dealership he doesn't have a vin and build date before he does. And now regrets his decision? 1st world problems
Yea
You think they only did that once, if they are that bold with my reservation they might have maybe 50 reservation or more at that location alone maybe they have all their employees make fake reservations.... multiply that by many other dealer.... yea the problem get bigger is not the 1 reservation is the large scale number who screw up everybody.

No every delearship are like that ....

It sad to see the bad one get reward for their wrong doing....

I will still have my 2021 Bronco this year I have a very good timestamp if it delay too much I will buying my friend 1973 Bronco and Wait for my brand new bronco later....

Life it good

I am happy regardless
I just try to bring awareness of the situation

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hope you don’t mind I share my shady dealer story here too.

End of March went to the dealer (Corydon IN) to convert my reservation to a order but had a bad feeling about the dealership and didn’t like the salesman’s attitude so I told them I was going to another dealer closer to home. Called Ford Corp and they wouldn’t let me switch dealers till the my22 info was available. So I waited and 2 months go by I get on fords site and checked my reservation, it said order cancelled. Never got a email that I ordered or a email that I cancelled and still to this day haven’t got my 100 back. It’s been over 3 months now. The dealer ordered without my consent and cancelled without my consent. I’ve since had to place another reservation and order and had to get in the back of the line. Was kinda upset and still am about it all least the new dealer I’m with is really nice and I like where I’m at now with them. Screw Heritage Ford in Corydon Indiana.
This is horrible situation for you ....
I was told to contact the marketing department they are the one who resolved that kind of issue.....
I did not want to waist more time with my situation because I still have my other Reservation with a good dealership and early timestamp.....
I am sorry for your situation restart with new timestamp.... I will take time if I was you to reach out to the marketing department....

Good luck...

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm struggling to see the issue... If I make a dinner reservation and cancel, why would I be upset if someone else got my seat?

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm struggling to see the issue... If I make a dinner reservation and cancel, why would I be upset if someone else got my seat?
You are probably not the sharpest tool in the shed if it that your conclusion....

That sound like a shaddy dealership respond... lol

If I remember Micheal Levine say the will penalize dealership who do that!!!!!

Remember life is good.....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.