First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Power does what it wants. They don’t call them stealerships for no reason. Any dealership that puts on ADM‘S Should be remembered for their consideration to their customers in the future but that’s just my opinion some people have no problem overpaying they’ve got the money they can do it , it doesn’t matter to them. 😡
Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are probably not the sharpest tool in the shed if it that your conclusion....

That sound like a shaddy dealership respond... lol

If I remember Micheal Levine say the will penalize dealership who do that!!!!!

Remember life is good.....
I have been called dull a time or two, but I sleep well.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm struggling to see the issue... If I make a dinner reservation and cancel, why would I be upset if someone else got my seat?
i think the OP's point was making is that they canceled the reservation prior to being converted to an order so that another early reservation holder may have had a chance to get a bronco. instead the dealership converted the order and waited until a VIN was issued to issue the refund money and never actually canceled their reservation. so now the dealership has a Bronco to sell on the lot or to a buyer who didnt get an early reservation. the dealership is likely going to change the name on the VIN to whoever the buyer is since they were given a certain percentage to make these name changes by ford before they get into trouble.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm struggling to see the issue... If I make a dinner reservation and cancel, why would I be upset if someone else got my seat?
Using your example; he put a deposit down to hold his time for getting his meal at a very trendy and new place with a huge waiting line to get in, went to the restaurant, was told they already ordered something under his name without his permission or input. He tried to get the order fixed, but could not. In frustration, decided to cancel the whole thing, the dealer doesn't cancel the order until the chef is already making it. The meal is then sold to someone else who will likely pay more. The guy who paid to make that reservation a year ago, who wanted to keep it until the dealer effectively sold it out from under him, then left in disgust. Hopefully that answers your question.

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Using your example; he put a deposit down to hold his time for getting his meal at a very trendy and new place with a huge waiting line to get in, went to the restaurant, was told they already ordered something under his name without his permission or input. He tried to get the order fixed, but could not. In frustration, decided to cancel the whole thing, the dealer doesn't cancel the order until the chef is already making it. The meal is then sold to someone else who will likely pay more. The guy who paid to make that reservation a year ago, who wanted to keep it until the dealer effectively sold it out from under him, then left in disgust. Hopefully that answers your question.
Wow another stupid analogy
If you don't get it ... nothing I can do for you

We all going to order are vehicles online like tesla or carvana ..... all this new model of sale are coming.

When I see bad dealership ..... that only works against them in the long run.... they may get short term gain .... they will never have my business.... I rather work with good dealership not the sneaky one....

I don't thinks we will see that crap with tesla cybertruck timestamp......

Life is good no matter what.....

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really surprised the OP has to explain what this means to the community over and over with such a major disconnect.

I agree with the OP and what the dealership did violates the agreement-trust we made with Ford as a community.

Ford stated that we would receive our builds based on a few factors with one of the most important being the reservation time stamp. The dealership knew they would not be receiving lot stock until AFTER all of the reservations were complete. The dealer also knew that they would receive stiff penalties for not selling to the original reservation holder.

This is an obvious loophole in the trust agreement made by Ford that people with reservations would receive their Broncos before lot stocks were filled. I have a reservation, I want my Bronco BEFORE lot stock is fulfilled as agreed to by Ford - as part of this LONG wait to receive the Bronco.

All of the posting disputing what happens to the Bronco after the order is cancelled is NOT part of the conversation, and seems to be a contrived argument (dealer trolls) to trivialize this dishonest occurrence. Ford should immediately deny shipment of that Bronco and match the build with the next reservation holder who has the exact same build.

FORD SHOULD PAY ATTENTION. The dealers are making Ford a bad name for the community.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm really surprised the OP has to explain what this means to the community over and over with such a major disconnect.

I agree with the OP and what the dealership did violates the agreement-trust we made with Ford as a community.

Ford stated that we would receive our builds based on a few factors with one of the most important being the reservation time stamp. The dealership knew they would not be receiving lot stock until AFTER all of the reservations were complete. The dealer also knew that they would receive stiff penalties for not selling to the original reservation holder.

This is an obvious loophole in the trust agreement made by Ford that people with reservations would receive their Broncos before lot stocks were filled. I have a reservation, I want my Bronco BEFORE lot stock is fulfilled as agreed to by Ford - as part of this LONG wait to receive the Bronco.

All of the posting disputing what happens to the Bronco after the order is cancelled is NOT part of the conversation, and seems to be a contrived argument (dealer trolls) to trivialize this dishonest occurrence. Ford should immediately deny shipment of that Bronco and match the build with the next reservation holder who has the exact same build.

FORD SHOULD PAY ATTENTION. The dealers are making a bad name for the community.
You explaine perfectly

I wish I have your writing skill you explained the situation perfectly ..... like what you say about the 'Dealer trolls'

Good job with your post

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow another stupid analogy
If you don't get it ... nothing I can do for you

We all going to order are vehicles online like tesla or carvana ..... all this new model of sale are coming.

When I see bad dealership ..... that only works against them in the long run.... they may get short term gain .... they will never have my business.... I rather work with good dealership not the sneaky one....

I don't thinks we will see that crap with tesla cybertruck timestamp......

Life is good no matter what.....
I think you misunderstood his analogy. @Drex was supporting your point and that was a good analogy he made. But your frustration is understandable.

I remain excited about my 22MY WT. But growing weary of time stamps, allocations, day X reservations, deadly sins, etc. I am soooo ready to start hearing from new Bronco owners.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What OP could have done:

1) Not reserve 2 Broncos
2) Move reservation to another dealer
3) Cancel unwanted reservation

What OP did:

1) Wait for emails from Ford indicating reservation has been converted to order (which dealer shouldn't have) to request refund
2) Got refund
3) Made a thread

Sounds like that dealer (who OP doesn't directly call out) is using that 20% of orders not going to reservation holder name allowance to sell some highly anticipated product with markup.

This is like the subreddit r/amitheasshole and the verdict is ESH (everyone sucks here).

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What OP could have done:

1) Not reserve 2 Broncos
or (4)… just apply code 99 to second reservation. Delay till
MY22, then decide if you want to keep it or forfeit it. A lot of people deferred their second reservation until MY22, to see if the black mod top actually materializes, or if new editions (Heritage) become available, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What OP could have done:

1) Not reserve 2 Broncos

What OP did:

1) Wait for emails from Ford indicating reservation has been converted to order (which dealer shouldn't have) to request refund
2) Got refund
3) Made a thread

Sounds like that dealer (who OP doesn't directly call out) is using that 20% of orders not going to reservation holder name allowance to sell some highly anticipated product with markup.

This is like the subreddit r/amitheasshole and the verdict is ESH (everyone sucks here).
Ok little trolls
I guess you can read correctly or brain can process the info either.

3 day before the dead line to convert reservation to order..... the Jacksonville dealership convert that order without my consent ... when I received email that day from Ford about the order I took action immediately and contact the dealership by phone and email stipulating I did not authorize the convert my reservation in Jacksonville..... and ask for my refund .... they should have act. And cancel the order immediately and give another reservation holder to place their custom order..... instead they did not cancel the order until vin was issues.....

You are just dealership troll try to justify their wrong doing .....

Life is good....

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defneder 90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Whatever you do, don't stop posting.......love your writing style!!!!! We all know car dealers are nothing but horse trading scumbags........what else is new??

Garish

Badlands
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha - well you are without a doubt a dealership dream, now they will sell that Bronco for $25K over and some knot head will pay it - bad, very bad

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I cancelled my 2nd reservation on Ford.com and when the dealer called me to place my order (coincidentally the aforementioned New Smyrna Beach Dealer), they were not happy that I did the cancellation through Ford.com - probably for the same reason you cite - in this case a lost opportunity. I think a lot of dealers pushed orders through when folks cancelled.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.