David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond, 2016 Audi A3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cleary what happen is he did not secure the top and the wind blew the top open, and snow poured in. The wind also blew the top closed, and when he returned it appeared that the snow got in somehow. I bet there is little snow in the back seat area. Take pictures and prove us all wrong. That is the only explanation that makes sense, and that's my two cents:)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The snow obviously didn't come in sideways based on how it is sitting in the bronco. Seems to me they left the top open
That's exactly what I was thinking. If the snow had blown in from the side it wouldn't be laying on the flat surfaces like that. Some people would rather place blame than accept blame.

Plus, if folks has taken their soft top Broncos through an automatice car with no water getting in, I can't see how a 50 mpg wind could blow that much snow in his.

Last edited:

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confirmed BS. We have had well over 10 ft. of snow in the past week or so here in Tahoe. Mine has been parked outside with gusts topping 100 mph. Not a drop or flake has gotten inside.

Just to note this is the most fun and snow worthy vehicle I've ever owned. The weight distribution and balance make it fun to drive and you can drift controllably in 4H with the autotrac turned off. The only car or truck that can beat it is possibly an Audi with studless snow tires. But in our recent conditions the snow was too deep. Snow would be blinding you coming over the hood if you could even push through it. The wife was driving it yesterday and stopped before going down an unplowed street with at l. I said go for it. It just charges through. She would never have attempted it in any other car.
I love to hear this, but it'll be a long time before I move back to a climate that has snow.

Sadly, I don't live in the Silicon Valley anymore, so we don't do our trips up to Tahoe to play in the snow. Would have LOVED to take this up there and have some fun.

Sponsored

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The soft top is plenty adequate for the overwhelming majority of climates, particularly in the continental US, especially since numerous members here in high snow areas have reported no issues. That said if I lived in the Arctic Circle I would never even consider a soft top for winter no matter how long the hard top wait was. To me it makes no difference if the top failed or if it was operator error because he failed the common sense test when he got a soft top knowing it would be *north* of the Arctic Circle

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 BRONCO, 89GRANDWAGONEER, 2014WRANGLER, 07FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sheer physics makes this impossible without user error. Ive had 15 convertibles in my life. no matter how lousy. this aint possible without damage or user error. I live in Chicago

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not saying he didn't contribute to this but that area is exactly where snow would be free to blow in from a good strong sideways wind. There is no physical security there for sealing, it's just a piece of weather-stripping. Without any effort at all you can reach through this and into the cab on any soft top. The same is true for a strong enough gust of wind, it would come in, go upwards once it hits the roll bar, continue up and around and then begin to come back down. This pattern is highly consistent with that. However I do believe his top wasn't nearly as secured as it should be so it's a double down of bad luck.
Uh, you have received incorrect information.
I agree With @Southern Girl. I own 2 convertible vehicles (one Chevy, one Ford), and you cannot reach inside the cabin of either anywhere along the top seals. Some one gave you some really bad info.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Confirmed BS. We have had well over 10 ft. of snow in the past week or so here in Tahoe. Mine has been parked outside with gusts topping 100 mph. Not a drop or flake has gotten inside.

Just to note this is the most fun and snow worthy vehicle I've ever owned. The weight distribution and balance make it fun to drive and you can drift controllably in 4H with the autotrac turned off. The only car or truck that can beat it is possibly an Audi with studless snow tires. But in our recent conditions the snow was too deep. Snow would be blinding you coming over the hood if you could even push through it. The wife was driving it yesterday and stopped before going down an unplowed street with at l. I said go for it. It just charges through. She would never have attempted it in any other car.
hoping to make it thru 80 today if they open. Ill be at homewood all week 🤟

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you tried with the Bronco softtop?

I work at Ford, on these vehicles daily, and I can assure you that you can. Please try it. Closest to the B-Pillar is the easiest section to reach through
@D2dhanover, I get it now sir. I wasn't thinking about the Bronco having such a vast acreage of material to build the top. I can see where is would be possible to push through the seal, and the tops frame along the side in places. However, I still can't see how the owner of the pictured Bronco wasn't somewhat to blame from looking at the angles of the snow in his vehicle. Oh well, it does give Bronco owners with soft tops in the artic regions some food for thought.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone else spend a couple minutes looking into Tuktoyaktuk. Sheeesh. It's on the edge of upper canada. While i call complete BS on the post, I have more questions about how he even got his bronco. I assume shipped on a boat, which must have been expensive as hell. Otherwise, he's like a 1,500 mile drive through the yukon to the nearest ford dealership in alaska, and would had to import. or it's like a 2,000 mile drive to alberta. He may win a prize for the most remotely located Bronco built thus far.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not saying it's legit, but I had something similar happen up in Alaska. Left my window down about a 1/2". Over night we had heavy wind on snow. The snow up there is extremely dry and very fine powder. In the morning I had a fair amount of snow inside. Nothing like in these photos and it also didn't stick to any vertical surfaces. The snow in the photos looks like wet snow. Very unusual for that location.

Breakz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I woke up to a similar blanket of snow inside a hiking cabin atop a mountain...

Unexpected snow storm came in, and the wind was blowing so hard that the roof would lift ever so slightly and snow would blow in. Damn thing was slamming up and down all night.

Unzipped my sleeping bag in the morning to find about 1 inch of snow covering everything including me.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else spend a couple minutes looking into Tuktoyaktuk. Sheeesh. It's on the edge of upper canada. While i call complete BS on the post, I have more questions about how he even got his bronco. I assume shipped on a boat, which must have been expensive as hell. Otherwise, he's like a 1,500 mile drive through the yukon to the nearest ford dealership in alaska, and would had to import. otherwise it's like a 2,000 mile drive to alberta. He may win a prize for the most remotely located Bronco built thus far.
It's about 870miles to a Ford dealership in Whitehorse.

Northern communities are well versed in getting things from the south. Likely came on a truck. Or they flew and drove it back. When you live in the middle of nowhere 20 hours to drive is nothing.

Could have come by barge in the summer as well.

No different than many buying from Granger.

I can't comprehend getting a soft top though. Summers aren't that hot. I wouldn't want a soft top for a number of reasons. Seems he might regret that choice now. Ha.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

while you can somewhat reach in and I could see some snow or rain getting in if all conditions are just perfect, but I'm not buying that smooth fluffy cover on everything in the photos.
I got caught in several hard rains with heavy winds on I5 yesterday, not a drop came in, though the wind noise changed and I could hear the wind blowing in the B pillar area, where it's also easy to stick your hand in a bit.

I'll also never understand why anyone lives where this guy supposedly is, don't they have TV and internet and see that that kind of climate is anything but "normal" but a frozen hell? ;-)
Sponsored