mcpleberson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 canyon 2013 FRS
Your Bronco Model
Base

He showed a video of it after some investigation and found where it is getting in
Watched this live on facebook, thats a real shame that Ford cant figure out how to keep snow out of a vehicle.

Not like they haven't seen snow before, seems like the engineers really dropped the ball on this one.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watched this live on facebook, thats a real shame that Ford cant figure out how to keep snow out of a vehicle.

Not like they haven't seen snow before, seems like the engineers really dropped the ball on this one.
Exactly! Ford needs to shut down the production line, furlough all the employees at MAP, and issue a worldwide recall (i.e., USA, UAE, et al) until this obvious and unacceptable design flaw is fixed and the residents of Tuktoyaktuk can sleep soundly at night, knowing their soft top vehicles are safe from snow ingress during a blizzard! What the f@#% were those engineers thinking?!? :mad:

/s

vande1

Badlands
First Name
Lake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
50mph+ Cross wind comes into the bronco above the rear doors. Love everything about the softtop except that. I can’t believe there’s no actual weather stripping or something sealing it.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
D4478EE7-4F69-483F-A5FE-280445DF3C1F.jpeg

Ok now I’m calling 100% bs. Underside of the soft top has snow caked to it. But the visor and other down-facing surfaces do not. This is clear the guy left the soft top in the flipped back position….
Very good eye. THat's looks like exactly what happened.

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it’s a bad lands with vinyl seats

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Coming late to the party… did we determine that the creator of this was full of the crap? Cause I sure smell BS.

Deleted member 13702

Reading the comments from this post makes me grateful I canceled my order. This community is made up of pure dill holes. I’m shocked that someone hasn’t accused this guy of waxing the seals at the top of the soft top.

I had been waiting for Ford to fix some issues with the Bronco and maybe order another in 23, but when you add in the vanity of the poster the other day who was mad because wrangler owners weren’t giving him his due respect at stoplights, all I can say is what is wrong with you people? You all are making people in the Bronco community look like total D bags.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe him. The midpoint latches on my soft too were NOT connected from the factory and would not snap in place.
Ford Bronco Snow breaches inside of Bronco w/ soft top during blizzard claims owner PXL_20211221_202121605
You could lift the top in the middle and fit your entire hand in there. It took 2 hrs of adjustments on my soft top for it to clip in place correctly.

The kind of wind and snow in that environment would easily do that. Snow would have entered just over the rear door window.

My opinion based off my experience with the soft top at delivery.....

Charisma

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While I agree that the even distribution of snow seems unbelievable.. I also feel that this could be possible.
We recently had over a week of -25° C, and one morning after a wind storm had enough snow in the passenger side of my cargo area that I had to use the snow brush and scoop it all out.
From the carpet, to the back door and all the way up the soft top brackets on the one side. The next day I discovered that the velcro above the rear window was loose in one section (maybe 2-3").
So who knows!?!

Sponsored

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I posted this already on the Facebook group... The guy said they had a 50 MPH snowstorm, why would anyone doubt him? Have all of you geniuses checked out to see if it is even possible? Well, I have. The soft top hangs over the side where the windows are and I can easily push my fingers and hand up over the frame and into the cabin of my Bronco; that means a 50 MPH wind with snow can force its way into the cabin of the Bronco and swirl around the cabin and cover everything. Before you judge someone for what they say and basically call them a liar, ask yourself, is it possible. Before the Internet; if you called someone a liar, it would be to their face or behind their back; either way, you might end up with a black eye, a bloody nose, and a broken lip, and maybe someone helping you up from lying on your back. The internet has made stupid people believe they are geniuses, and very brave. I see them as cowards. Man up people.

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I agree that the even distribution of snow seems unbelievable.. I also feel that this could be possible.
We recently had over a week of -25° C, and one morning after a wind storm had enough snow in the passenger side of my cargo area that I had to use the snow brush and scoop it all out.
From the carpet, to the back door and all the way up the soft top brackets on the one side. The next day I discovered that the velcro above the rear window was loose in one section (maybe 2-3").
So who knows!?!
The snow would distribute evenly because of the constant pressure of 50 MPH wind pushing it under the top and over the frame would make a whirlwind inside with snow settling throughout the cabin. I believe the guy.

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in that Facebook group, and caught this picture this morning. I live in northern Wisconsin and have seen what happens in a hard driving snow storm when somebody leaves a window even cracked open. It looks a lot like this. I'm guessing the top was not secured in some fashion along the edges, and the driving wind blew it open and allowed snow in. Just being honest, I have not personally attempted to install or remove a soft top on a Bronco.

I will however say this: as I previous stated I live in northern Wisconsin. I refused to change my order to a soft top for reasons like what he experienced. This guy literally lives in the Arctic circle. You gotta want a Bronco real bad to change your order(which he states he did in his replies) to a soft top living in such a climate. My belief is he gets what he deserves for doing such a thing.
I've had my Bronco for a week and it is tight, but I can easily push my fingers and hand under the soft-top and over the frame into the cabin. Hours of 50 MPH winds would do this.

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had my Bronco for a week and it is tight, but I can easily push my fingers and hand under the soft-top and over the frame into the cabin. Hours of 50 MPH winds would do this.
this jerk got an article written about it by james gilboy from "the drive"
the guy is so full of shit his eyes turned brown. google the guys name, he loves attention

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I doubt he had his soft top open or flipped open. It's freaking cold there!

I bet the high winds caused the latch to loosen and lift up.
Sponsored