Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had a soft-top arrive here and there's a rivet that holds the cable to unlock the top that was broken. We were able to put an entire arm in the cab. Once the rivet was re-installed and the cable was repaired, no issue. This came from the factory like that on the FIRST Bronco we received. I'm in Northern New Brunswick Canada and have seen plenty of snow intrusion over the years due to different issues. This honestly looks legit, probably the cable I explained.

Soft Top Concern.jpg
Sponsored

The_Ford_Guy

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had a soft-top arrive here and there's a rivet that holds the cable to unlock the top that was broken. We were able to put an entire arm in the cab. Once the rivet was re-installed and the cable was repaired, no issue. This came from the factory like that on the FIRST Bronco we received. I'm in Northern New Brunswick Canada and have seen plenty of snow intrusion over the years due to different issues. This honestly looks legit, probably the cable I explained.

Ford Bronco Snow breaches inside of Bronco w/ soft top during blizzard claims owner Soft Top Concern
These are the best photos I can find with the video from the Bronco Nation. In any case, you can see the cable I'm referring to even if you can't see the rivet. Follow the cable to the end to find the rivet. Hope this helps.

Soft Top Concern 1.jpg

Soft Top Concern 2.jpg

Soft Top Concern 3.jpg

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe him. The midpoint latches on my soft too were NOT connected from the factory and would not snap in place.
Ford Bronco Snow breaches inside of Bronco w/ soft top during blizzard claims owner Soft Top Concern 3
You could lift the top in the middle and fit your entire hand in there. It took 2 hrs of adjustments on my soft top for it to clip in place correctly.

The kind of wind and snow in that environment would easily do that. Snow would have entered just over the rear door window.

My opinion based off my experience with the soft top at delivery.....
What am I looking at here? Not asking to be a doucher, just generally interested in what to look for at delivery.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely possible. I left my truck at the rental car place with the window cracked .5", like normal, under a vent-shade thang hangs down 1.5" and is .5" from the glass.

A strong snowstorm came through while I was gone, from the right direction, and snow blasted the entire interior through that obscured opening... looked about 75% as bad as what these pictures here show.

If strong winds found an entrance to lift up the soft top just a bit, they definitely could've done this.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What am I looking at here? Not asking to be a doucher, just generally interested in what to look for at delivery.
This is the midpoint latch for the roof. When you fold the first section back it's what keeps the roof locked into "stage 2"

It's located just above the rear doors

Sponsored

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SO to all of you who say this is BS, take a look at how the Lite Brite Nation Bronco did in 80mph winds...You clearly see the top opening up.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reactions: JPG

Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I came here to say this.
I was skeptical of this post until I saw the Lite Brite video. Now I see the possibility of seeing snow blowing under into the cab during a typical Midwest snow storm.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was skeptical of this post until I saw the Lite Brite video. Now I see the possibility of seeing snow blowing under into the cab during a typical Midwest snow storm.
Typical midwest snowstorms don’t include sustained 80 mph winds.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Typical midwest snowstorms don’t include sustained 80 mph winds.
True but what about a 30 mph cross wind? It wouldn't take a 6 inch gap like they experienced to get dirt and moisture in the cab. Come to think about it, the tonneau covers that I had on my pick ups used to leak a bit that I'd never put my luggage on the sides.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
True but what about a 30 mph cross wind? It wouldn't take a 6 inch gap like they experienced to get dirt and moisture in the cab. Come to think about it, the tonneau covers that I had on my pick ups used to leak a bit that I'd never put my luggage on the sides.
I think that there’s more than enough anecdotal evidence from this message board alone to suggest that what happened to this guy won’t happen to anyone who lives in anything close to a normal climate- not that that really exists much anymore. :)

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Snow breaches inside of Bronco w/ soft top during blizzard claims owner Soft Top Concern 3

Ok now I’m calling 100% bs. Underside of the soft top has snow caked to it. But the visor and other down-facing surfaces do not. This is clear the guy left the soft top in the flipped back position….
I agree it's BS.
Sponsored