njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a lot of snow (a couple inches) but enough to make the roads very slick for sure. I can report the Bronco handled amazing (OBX, SAS). Put it in “slippery” goat mode, and I don’t know that I could really feel much of a difference driving, aside from perhaps the steering being a little tighter in 4A, but I have no complaints as to the handling on a snowy slick road. At one point, while making a left hand turn from a stop sign, it started to slide right on me, but only for a second, and as I said above, the slickest conditions are usually when there is a small amount of snow on the road.

I’ve got the whole winter ahead of me to play around, lookin forward to it too! Got a couple more inches last night, so we’ll see if anything feels different on the road today.

Ford Bronco Snow Report in Alaska D10EE74B-301F-4393-A66C-27DD00644F45

Ford Bronco Snow Report in Alaska D938E0BE-5C78-4B68-B53F-B94560CA50E4

Ford Bronco Snow Report in Alaska 9B6A54C6-D19A-4A48-8C35-AEB1322D8A5F
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m definitely looking forward to driving around in the snow here in the Northeast. Missed the summer driving but looks like at least my Bronco will be here in time for winter.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Enjoy it!!! I’m curious to know how is the soft top now that it’s cold enough to snow there?? Is it cold or does the interior hold warmth??? Temps are just starting to drop here in Northern NY

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Holy fuck it was slick in some spots this morning!

If you haven't tried trail turn assist in the snow yet, it's a hoot! Tried it out with the demo today 😂

Enjoy it!!! I’m curious to know how is the soft top now that it’s cold enough to snow there?? Is it cold or does the interior hold warmth??? Temps are just starting to drop here in Northern NY
In addition to whatever he gives you for an answer, the one I drove today warmed up nicely. Took a few minutes but did get plenty warm. It was only in the upper 20s though, not truly cold.

20211028_165151.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
njAK84

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, “cold” is a bit relative at the moment. Yes, 29ish is cold, but when we hit January/February and it’s -20, then I’ll really be able to answer this question with a more significant degree of authority. As for the positive 20s, though, it was fine. I did notice the temp drop pretty quickly if I turned off the warm air, so I’ll have to figure out a happy medium. I can say, if you’re getting a soft top, make sure you have a garage/car port to park it in. I have mine in the garage, and it’s nice not to worry about overnight snow stacking up on top.

OP
OP
njAK84

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Holy fuck it was slick in some spots this morning!

If you haven't tried trail turn assist in the snow yet, it's a hoot! Tried it out with the demo today 😂
It was craaaazy slick! And I didn’t even think about trail turn assist! I’ll try it out today on the new layer we got last night.

I snapped a pic of mine next to their new mannequin day before yesterday when I went in to order my wife’s 2022 😉.

28FB8F21-9002-4724-BCCC-66E07FCA39F3.jpeg

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be interesting to see how the SAS tires do over the winter. The ground probably isn't truly cold enough yet so you'll be in that tweener ice/slush/muck stage for a while till it freezes, nice and slick.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let us know how the snow on the soft top handles... When it really starts to fly, that is. I know you mentioned you park in a garage, but I'm assuming it will be in the elements at some point.

Glad to hear it handles well in the snow though. We don't get much where I am, but the mountains are a very short drive away :)

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a full set (actually 6 tires) of the Nokian Hakkapelliitta LT3 studded tires in LT275/65r18 on Jeep rims. Actually got them for free :) . If we got actual snow around here (central Cascades) might consider finding some 18" rims and run them for a few months each winter, but not worth it. Planning another winter road trip up there in '24 (drove to Tuk and Coldfoot in early '20), we'll see if I get my Bronco by then...

Sponsored
OP
OP
njAK84

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let us know how the snow on the soft top handles... When it really starts to fly, that is. I know you mentioned you park in a garage, but I'm assuming it will be in the elements at some point.

Glad to hear it handles well in the snow though. We don't get much where I am, but the mountains are a very short drive away :)
I’m sure there will be a lot of snow report style posts over the next several months, but I definitely plan on sharing how Seabiscuit handles throughout the Alaskan winter. 😃

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Same! I live in an area where it never snows but the mountains are a short drive away. I def wanna get some snowboarding in this year

OP
OP
njAK84

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It will be interesting to see how the SAS tires do over the winter. The ground probably isn't truly cold enough yet so you'll be in that tweener ice/slush/muck stage for a while till it freezes, nice and slick.
It’s true, this is a very unique part of winter. I’m trying to get a good cross section of how the B handles under various winter driving conditions, and at least on the slick early snow stages, the 35s seem to be handling well. Also, the suspension (which gives more any vehicle I’m used to driving) doesn’t seem to impact the handling on slippery roads.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks to be clear and below freezing up here when mine arrives. Roads are clear nothing has really stuck yet. I'll get my Hakkapeliittas put on the following week. Glad to hear it did well though!

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where are you guys at? We are in ANC and have a build date of next week. Prob will be here around New Year’s.
Sponsored