Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am considering the same, but in part for the higher ground clearance and better ice performance of a 255/80/17. I am not SQ however. I imagine the 315 and relatively light weight of the Bronco won’t be optimal on ice and won’t be light enough to use the width to float on most of the snow I would encounter. I will try my KO2s this winter and then maybe pick up some stock BD take offs next year?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasn’t there a rumor that the tire included on Sas was going to eventually be granted the three peak designation?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wasn’t there a rumor that the tire included on Sas was going to eventually be granted the three peak designation?
Yeah, some folks were passing that around, but a hybrid mud tire getting it was a long long long shot, I think most assumed it wouldn't happen.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the BFG All-Terrain KO2.

Look for the mountain/snowflake designation. Just look for the stock size for your vehicle. Tire Rack is a good resource, but there are others, Discount Tire for example.

• 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake Rating (exceeding the Rubber Manufacturer Association's requirements for traction in severe snow and winter weather).

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2
I would second that recommendation. My wife’s winter daily is an F150 Lariat with a 3” lift running a set of these (vs the Mickey Thomson MTs she had on there in the summer). World of difference; zero traction issues even with an empty bed in back. 👌

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be very tempted to drop down to a 285 for winter. I've run smaller tires in winter before without issue - 285s in summer and 265s in winter. It should open up the selection greatly.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am considering the same, but in part for the higher ground clearance and better ice performance of a 255/80/17. I am not SQ however. I imagine the 315 and relatively light weight of the Bronco won’t be optimal on ice and won’t be light enough to use the width to float on most of the snow I would encounter. I will try my KO2s this winter and then maybe pick up some stock BD take offs next year?
Non-squatch Badlands here and I opted for the 285’s with BFGs specifically because 1) I have had excellent life out of several sets on other trucks and 2) I love their performance in the winter

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I run the DM-V2 on my wife's SUV and I'm planning to get a set for my truck this year, too. Great tires!
Agreed.
Blizzaks and Michigan x-ice have always done well for me.
I run the DVM on the Outback currently, good tire.
Just about any decent brand gets good reviews on their winter tires.
Firestone, General, etc etc.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran Duratrac’s on my Silverado and on my current Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - I swear by these tires. They are fantastic in the snow, rain, mud, etc.

We don’t get a ton of snow where I live, however, we can get lots of snow all at once. I have had zero issues going through deep snow, uphill, with these tires. Highly recommend.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran Duratrac’s on my Silverado and on my current Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - I swear by these tires. They are fantastic in the snow, rain, mud, etc.

We don’t get a ton of snow where I live, however, we can get lots of snow all at once. I have had zero issues going through deep snow, uphill, with these tires. Highly recommend.
If I only dealt with snow I wouldn't consider winter tires, it's ice and stopping on ice where I have seen a big difference in performance. Here in SE MI it's not even that often we get icy conditions, but Northern MI is pretty icy most of the time we spend there.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco(Wildtrak) will be my daily for 20-22k miles each year(maybe not the best bet- oh well). There will be days commuting with snow/ice on the ground. I've always run Pirelli Sottozero 3s on my VW Golf R, minimal sacrifices on dry pavement and it was a tank(ground clearance limited) on snow covered roads.

How does one approach snow tires for an off-road oriented 4x4? Tire Rack doesn't have the snow tire/wheel combos up yet- does anyone know the wheel offset and lug pattern requirement for the bronco? Brake clearances?

What light truck snow tires has the group had positive experience with?
I know rumor/personal opinion but I’d be willing to bet money the GY Territory’s get the severe snow service 3 peaks symbol/rating by year end. The GY Duratracs has the rating already and these new GY Territory tires have more tread to ground contact, more siping and appear softer so I can’t so how they don’t get the rating - unless they flat out suck and we don’t know it yet. But on appearances, they will most likely get it.