Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got 32" ko2's a month ago for my F-150. Best tires I've ever had in snow. Tested them yesterday driving through 8" of snow in 2 and 4 wd. Very good control. No sliding. Easy to start and stop. Pulled off road and got back on road with no problem. Extremely great traction. Gas mileage went down about 1.5 mpg since I got the tires, but part of that could be due to winter driving. (F150 gets worse mpg in winter even on dry roads).

Can't wait to get KO2's on the bronco.

Ford Bronco Snow Traction | Badlands Tires v Sasquatch tires Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 8.00.10 AM
Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The main factor is neither tread pattern or width, but the chemical composition of the rubber. Winter tires don’t become hockey pucks in the cold and still grip where as all seasons loose traction in the cold even if the roads are dry.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very early review. Take this with a grain of salt as there is no real world testing yet. Still interesting to hear the gentlemen's breakdown of the tire tread, stiffness and design.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mud tires aren't the greatest in snow but as with anything that's going to depend from tire to tire. All-terrains would be the better choice for snow
If the Territories are anything like the Duratracs, they are probably pretty good in the snow. I bought the Duratracs over KO2s because they rate higher in bad weather conditions - specifically snow.

The if in my statement is key though.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Very early review. Take this with a grain of salt as there is no real world testing yet. Still interesting to hear the gentlemen's breakdown of the tire tread, stiffness and design.
Thank you for the video and I am very happy that Ford chosed ride comfort over performance with this tire.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the video and I am very happy that Ford chosed ride comfort over performance with this tire.
I am VERY new to the science behind tires but from my understanding, it seems aftermarket tires have more freedom in what they can get away with. The guy in the video seems to claim that the car manufacturers have guidelines they must follow which the aftermarket does not.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking into a particular KO2, which has a "D" rating. Someone reported that this particular tire didn't have the triple peak snow rating. Can anyone explain why?

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking into a particular KO2, which has a "D" rating. Someone reported that this particular tire didn't have the triple peak snow rating. Can anyone explain why?
D & E rated tires have stiff sidewalls, run high air pressure, and have harder rubber compounds. None of which play nice with low traction surfaces. They are intended for heavy vehicles that haul heavy loads. You might also consider a D or E tire if you need to drive on sharp rocks frequently. Think construction sites with course crushed rock all over the place.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice find. BFG has most of the KO2 with the snowflake rating, but not all. It's important to make sure. They make D and E tires with the snowflake, but not all. It used to be the RWLwere snowflake and BSW were not, so it was easy to tell, but they moved away from that. You have to just double check each size. It has to do with slight variations is tread pattern and siping between molds.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

D & E rated tires have stiff sidewalls, run high air pressure, and have harder rubber compounds. None of which play nice with low traction surfaces. They are intended for heavy vehicles that haul heavy loads. You might also consider a D or E tire if you need to drive on sharp rocks frequently. Think construction sites with course crushed rock all over the place.
On a side note, I found it comical that I was notified that nobody quoted me. :ROFLMAO:

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An all-terrain tire will always be better in snow and ice on the street than a mud tire but not necessarily off-road.
Sponsored