Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The K02s are snowflake-symbol rated. They work in the snow and ice. Take it from a guy who drives to the ski hills all winter.

;)
I’m a Ski Patroller at Big Sky. Only time I have wrecked my car in 35+ years of living in Montana I was on BFG KO2’s.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a Ski Patroller at Big Sky. Only time I have wrecked my car in 35+ years of living in Montana I was on BFG KO2’s.
Were you on full winters before? Studs?

We didn’t get into the discussion whether snowflake-rated KO2s are as good as a proper winter tire (they aren’t) but I can say I’ve driven 40+ years in all kinds of winter conditions and can only blame the tires for getting stuck, as opposed to my own stupidity, maybe twice.

Ironically the only time I couldn’t self-extract myself out of a snowbank when I went off the road was in a big snowstorm heading to The Big Mtn in Whitefish in the middle of the night...on KO1s on my 1992 4Runner! My fault though, not the tires - they simply went where I pointed them. :)

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m gonna wager the GY Territory tires do get the 3 Peaks Snowflake rating and actually get reviewed better than the KO2s for snow. They are built of the same platform as the GY Duratracs (Which have the same snow rating as KO2s) and the Territory’s actually have more tire to road contact and more siping. As mentioned above, softer is better and the KO2s have a 50k tread life warranty cause their hard whereas the GY Territory has not published their treadlife warranty (and I bet they avoid doing so for as long as possible) cause it clearly looks like a very soft tire. So, again, I bet the GY Territory will get the 3 Peaks snow symbol and be reviewed as better than the KO2 in the snow. My opinion only...

But agree, the KO2 is a great AT tire.

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure if this is the same tire, but a marketing video shows the Goodyear Wrangler Territory tire is 3 mountain peak snow symbol rated in Canada.

1:05 in the video:

Sponsored

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, you’re copying my build???? :p
Yeah. I had the trim, package, and hardware options set from day one. But the color selection had been an evolution - first CG, then A51, and now OW. It only took me 6 months to finally settle on OW.:ROFLMAO:

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah. I had the trim, package, and hardware options set from day one. But the color selection had been an evolution - first CG, then A51, and now OW. It only took me 6 months to finally settle on OW.:ROFLMAO:
Awesome, OW is great! Im same as you, I always liked the BL but kept coming back to white. Now I’m super happy with my choice.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m on the Colorado Jeep Owner Facebook group and EVERYONE on there claims the KO2’s are terrible in snow.

Myself, I think the KO2’s are a great, all around tire that works well about anywhere. My ONLY gripe about KO2’s are that they notorious rock chuckers.

The tread style and pattern are proven. I had a set of General Grabbers that were the same tread pattern on our old 2WD Pathfinder and they made that thing a BEAST in the snow.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BFG KO2 kick ass in snow. I think the GY will probably be good too. The tread pattern, including siping, makes a huge impact on how well they work. The KO2 has a good pattern, with straight block edges, and siping. Things with curved blocks or rounded edges don't work as well.

MT has meant Maximum Traction for multiple tires for a long time. MT does not always mean mud terrain, and in fact, usually it's M&S which means mud and snow, but it isn't an official designation that has testing related to it.

I have tried several brands, and several model of tire and I typically come back to the AT KO2 because it does well at most things, snow being one of them.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my experience, the BFG KO2 does pretty well in snow, at least for the first couple of seasons. The compound does seem to harden over time, and they loose effectiveness. But the only time I was actually stuck when using them, the truck was actually high-centered in a deep drift, and the tires couldn't touch anything firm.

OTOH, I've had BFG Mud-Terrains on my old WK (KM2s) and on my F-150 (KM3s), and both were horrid in the snow. The compound just doesn't do well in colder temps, it isn't compliant enough for that. They also lack any form of real siping, so really have nothing going for them. Heck, they didn't even do that well on wet concrete exit ramps when the temperature dropped. On both vehicles, I wound up switching to dedicated snows when the seasons changed.

As others have said, the Goodyears are unproven. But the KO2 is hard to beat within this category, without actually buying snows. Given the choice between these two specific options, my money would be on the BFGs.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the Bronco Goodyear’s the same pattern as the TRX? TFL has the new TRX and mentioned the tire is not snow rated. I think they even complained about them in the snow? The tread looks promising!

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Cherokee rides GY MT/R's...noisy, rough riding, but great on rocks, mud, and loose dirt...
snow and ice - I leave it parked and take the F-350 on DuraTrac's...FAR better performance.
The new Territory tires should be as good on snow and ice based on views of the tread pattern - closer to A/T than Mud - but the rubber compound will make a big difference for traction as well as longevity.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like I read awhile back that the MT tire for Sasquatch stands for “maximum traction” not “mud tire” like it normally is. I agree confusing.

as far as snow tires go, you want snow to build up a bit. Mud tires do too good of a job at ejecting snow and also have a rubber compound that gets too hard in the cold.
Yes, that's called Marketing Talk, or MT. BTW did you know BMW doesn't sell ANY SUV's? Shocking, right, because we've all seen those X1 through X7 models on the road and thought, wow, BMW sure seems to sell a lot of SUV's. But, no, they don't sell a SINGLE SUV. They are all SAV's - Sport ACTIVE Vehicles. They aren't SUV's because, well, BMW says they aren't. Just like Goodyear's tire is NOT a Mud Terrain tire, it's a Maximum Traction tire . . . again, because Goodyear says so.

I mean believe what you want but for anybody that's ever looked at a tire it's pretty easy to recognize a M/T tire when you see one (or marketing speak when you hear it).

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, that's called Marketing Talk, or MT. BTW did you know BMW doesn't sell ANY SUV's? Shocking, right, because we've all seen those X1 through X7 models on the road and thought, wow, BMW sure seems to sell a lot of SUV's. But, no, they don't sell a SINGLE SUV. They are all SAV's - Sport ACTIVE Vehicles. They aren't SUV's because, well, BMW says they aren't. Just like Goodyear's tire is NOT a Mud Terrain tire, it's a Maximum Traction tire . . . again, because Goodyear says so.

I mean believe what you want but for anybody that's ever looked at a tire it's pretty easy to recognize a M/T tire when you see one (or marketing speak when you hear it).
We need to bring the sarcasm down to a 6 from the 11 you are at. Lol
Sponsored