Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello to all of my Northern Friends!
I keep reading about how we are not supposed to take our soft top Broncos through any sort of car wash.
That's fine if you live in the Southern states, but what the heck are we supposed to do up here?!

My Bronco is supposed to arrive in a few weeks and I planned on multiple car washes a week to keep the salt off my new paint once it snows.
How are you all going to deal with that? I need some tips and suggestions!!
Sponsored

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello! I am from Wisconsin and have an easy solution for you. Just take the soft top off before going through the car wash.
Should have ordered wash out interior.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its called pulling into a bay and getting out and washing it yourself. You may be able to get away with the automatic touchless carwash, but Ive never thought about doing it.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hand wash all of my cars. My wife uses automatic car washes only. If you don't like hand washing I guess you have to risk a touchless and hope the air dryers don't blow the soft top off. Good luck.

EDIT: I think most Jeep folks' concern is the chemicals and any automatic brushes that would destroy plastic windows. My jeep still has a mast antenna and not one in the window glass, because there is no rear window glass.

OP
OP
broncoGIRL21

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Looks like I will be trying my hand at the self-wash in the middle of snowstorms until those hard tops come in in 2023.
I realize I sound like a wuss, I probably should have started out with the fact that I'm female and I don't know anything cars and car washes, LOL. I usually just pay my $8 and drive through, but this is my first real car and I don't want to scratch it up! :)

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

look at touchless if you need to do the automated gas station wash, otherwise try and do the coin-op power wash bays. throw in a few coins, blast the car with water and soap, give it a scrub by hand, then power wash all the soap off. be done in a few minutes for a few bucks.
just beware that the brushes there sometimes have mud and crap in them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoGIRL21

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

look at touchless if you need to do the automated gas station wash, otherwise try and do the coin-op power wash bays. throw in a few coins, blast the car with water and soap, give it a scrub by hand, then power wash all the soap off. be done in a few minutes for a few bucks.
just beware that the brushes there sometimes have mud and crap in them.
Thank you! I definitely have read that I should be bringing my own brushes.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you! I definitely have read that I should be bringing my own brushes.
You don’t have to bring your own brush. Just use the spray wand to blast everything out of the brush that the last person might’ve left in it.

Also, even with a clean brush, I’d stay away from the soft top windows. Never had a problem getting those clean on my wrangler, just using the sprayer.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You don’t have to bring your own brush. Just use the spray wand to blast everything out of the brush that the last person might’ve left in it.

Also, even with a clean brush, I’d stay away from the soft top windows. Never had a problem getting those clean on my wrangler, just using the sprayer.
that's smart 🤓 never thought 🤔 of that nice one,I guess for the windows she could also bring a woollen wash mitt once it's all soapy.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2dr it's weird Ford put hard tops on the ones most likely to want a soft top and a lot of 4dr looking to get a hard top,or was it a sneaky way to make more money 💰. personally I spend as much time as I can without the top on so getting soft top next year for ease of use.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sara, I've haven't tried mine yet, but I will. Touchless only! And as long as you don't have to worry about a floor track with Sasquatch tires, you'll be fine.
Sponsored