Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idk where it came from but the wife and I have somehow latched on to NC as a possible place to relocate in a few years. We're thinking about taking a roadtrip out there next summer in the Bronco if it's still not on Dirt Mountain. How's the offroading in that part of the country? I'm used to dry rocks and tight twisting trails through pine trees out here, a lot of which I will have to avoid with the Bronco unless I'm trying to peel it open.
Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest area in NC is Uwharrie, which is in the middle part of the state. There are smaller areas in the western part like Patriot Mountain and Hurricane Creek, but a lot of the legacy areas in WNC seem to have closed. There are a lot of overland routes with gravel roads, but if you are looking for more technical/difficult stuff, Uwharrie is going to be the biggest around that I've found.

You'll be 2 hours from Windrock, though, which has an enormous quantity of trails.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest area in NC is Uwharrie, which is in the middle part of the state. There are smaller areas in the western part like Patriot Mountain and Hurricane Creek, but a lot of the legacy areas in WNC seem to have closed. There are a lot of overland routes with gravel roads, but if you are looking for more technical/difficult stuff, Uwharrie is going to be the biggest around that I've found.

You'll be 2 hours from Windrock, though, which has an enormous quantity of trails.
I almost took a job in Lenoir a month ago, looks like that's about 2 hours from Uwharrie. Where's Windrock?

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's in TN, I'm south of Asheville and it takes me about 2 hours to get there from here.
I see. Probably driving through TN to get there anyway, have to put it on the itinerary and hit up you local guys.

Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see. Probably driving through TN to get there anyway, have to put it on the itinerary and hit up you local guys.
It's worth stopping for two or three days, they have something like 73,000 acres and a lot of various trails. I've been out three times with my Bronco on the blues and it was really fun. It's like an offroad Disneyland

87gpe

First Edition
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Supra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There's plenty of forest service roads. Personally, I do not enjoy Uwharrie. A lot of it was rutted out and beat to shit last time I went there in a 4Runner. I like the easier roads, which we have plenty of, but there's some good wheeling out here if you're willing to drive (depending on where you are). Uwharrie has some great events though, maybe the trails are in better shape now.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost took a job in Lenoir a month ago, looks like that's about 2 hours from Uwharrie. Where's Windrock?
Windrock is about 30min from Lenoir City.

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Windrock is about 30min from Lenoir City.
Pretty sure he meant Lenoir in Caldwell County (on the way to Blowing Rock/Boone). That ain't near TN. Some great Blue Ridge mountain roads up that way though.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still plotting out a rough draft of this trip. There's a lot to see and a lot of miles to cover. Then the question if I'll even have my Bronco by next summer?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still plotting out a rough draft of this trip. There's a lot to see and a lot of miles to cover. Then the question if I'll even have my Bronco by next summer?
Good luck, I live in Charlotte NC but grew up about 30 miles due east of Uwharrie. NC is fairly populated but luckily that part of the state is very rural with the occasional small 2 stoplight towns. I have had my Badlands only about a month but am ready to hit up both Uwharrie and Windrock very very soon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.