Sponsored

So are the electronics (screen, GOAT selector, etc..) waterproof??

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curious if anyone here thinks the interior will be completely waterproof considering the marine grade vinyl and rubber floors for washout that the bronco has? For instance if you leave the top off and it rains will it mess with the touch screens, Terrain selectors, or any of the other electronics? I would prefer everything to be waterproof so I can leave the top off all summer and not worry if a storm pops up?
Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a great question, but I doubt they are waterproof or resistant.

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a great question, but I doubt they are waterproof or resistant.
I am thinking an aftermarket dash/electronics cover that is waterproof could be nice to have if it isn’t waterproof.

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:

AKaye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport, 2005 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've worked with the Jeep wiring a lot and I can tell you none of the wiring is sealed above the water fording line in the vehicle interior. It's a cost thing and I garuntee Ford did the same. I'm sure there's some water resistance just based on coverings but trust me, you don't want to get any open top car rained on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've worked with the Jeep wiring a lot and I can tell you none of the wiring is sealed above the water fording line in the vehicle interior. It's a cost thing and I garuntee Ford did the same. I'm sure there's some water resistance just based on coverings but trust me, you don't want to get any open top car rained on.
This is what I would expect Ford to do also. I see a decent amount of jeeps driving topless in the rain around me so wasn’t sure. Ingu
Marketing material says they're all water-resistant. All the electronics, all the switches, they're supposed to be sealed with silicone. How much that gets you IRL is a little harder to say.
Edit: Since people don't search, source from Ford. Under "High Tech Interior."
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...two-door-and-first-ever-four-door-models.html
That article talks about them being “wipeable” which makes me really not want to test it lol but in that article it said something that I forgot about, the front panels on two door stow inside the vehicle so I can just go that route and have easy access to at least the front panels to protect electronics from getting too wet if it rains.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is good to know.

I was wondering about this myself because last week we had a somewhat unexpected thunderstorm and while driving home saw a guy in a 4 door wrangler...no doors, no top. It was straight down pouring

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is good to know.

I was wondering about this myself because last week we had a somewhat unexpected thunderstorm and while driving home saw a guy in a 4 door wrangler...no doors, no top. It was straight down pouring
That sucks. Been there done that when I had a Jeep outside Vegas in a monsoon.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I usually keep a bikini top on year round with the doors off. The Florida sun is too intense for no top a lot of the year.

I have been caught in countless rain storms. Most of the time I don't even get very wet. As long as you don't get stuck at a stoplight with rain that is blowing sideways you are ok.

The electronics have all been exposed to this extent. No problems from rain so far.

One solution may be to keep an easy to install bikini type top with you. They don't take up much space.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sucks. Been there done that when I had a Jeep outside Vegas in a monsoon.
I felt bad for the guy, he looked miserable lol. It was raining sideways, 80MPH winds just a brutal 30 minute stretch

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It did not really bother me, but my girlfriend at the time was pissed. Needless to say, she bailed LOL

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It did not really bother me, but my girlfriend at the time was pissed. Needless to say, she bailed LOL
That's a good test actually. You should get caught in the rain with no doors with any future prospect. Watch the reaction. You can weed some out that way. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's a good test actually. You should get caught in the rain with no doors or with any future prospect. Watch the reaction. You can weed some out that way. :ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately, I weeded many out LOL
Sponsored