I_am_Becks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre-ordered first of 500 2015 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For any of you So Cal buyers. I just received this message from Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego. I've dealt with them before and they have been an honorable dealership/

Eric Bunch <[email protected]>
Jul 17, 2020, 7:36 PM (9 hours ago)
to Eric
Good afternoon!

Thank you all again for selecting Kearny Mesa Ford as your Bronco dealership of choice! My name is Eric Bunch and I am the Internet Director at Kearny Mesa Ford.

If you are receiving this email it is because your Bronco reservation has been received by our dealership. Congratulations! We initially expected to receive a few dozen orders, but since Monday our dealership has received over 200 reservations! Thank you all, it is very exciting!

Some of you may have received some automated emails from our dealership after you submitted your order. I believe some of you also responded to those automated emails. If you did, I apologize. If you had any important or pressing questions in those emails, please send them to me at this email address instead and I’ll do my best to respond as soon as possible.

I understand Ford has not released much information about the order process so here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:

Q: Can I modify my order?
A: Yes. For any major changes like changing your trim level or the door count, you will need to contact Ford’s support team at 1-800-732-1138. For smaller changes like wheel size or exterior color, we can make those changes here at the dealership. We will be able to make those changes once we convert your reservation into an actual order down the road. It will be part of our process to confirm your order specs with you again just prior to submitting to the factory.

Q: When will my order arrive?
A: I still don’t have exact answers for this. We will likely see the first Bronco Sports driving on the road in 2020 while the other models will follow sometime late Q1 2021 or early Q2. None of that is confirmed by Ford though so please don’t quote me!

Q: Will your dealership charge a mark-up on my order?
A: Big no on this one! I’ve heard from several of you that other dealerships are asking for more than the MSRP on certain models. We will not add a dealer markup above MSRP to your special order. This includes those with 1st Edition orders.

Q: Does your dealership accept X / Z / D / A Plan PINs?
A: Big yes on this one! You worked hard to get a Plan PIN, or are related to someone who did, so bring it on! I’m not sure what that pricing looks like yet though.

Q: Can my friend switch their order from another dealership to Kearny Mesa Ford?
A: Yup! Just have them call Ford’s hotline at 1-800-732-1138 J

As I receive more information from Ford I will be sure to pass it along to you. Thank you for your business and your patience during this process. Have a great weekend!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia
858-560-5544 ext 1013
Sponsored

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info, my reservation is at Huntington Beach Ford and when I reached out to them they had no idea on pricing and nothing to share relating to the Bronco at all. I’m sure it’ll change over time, but I’d of loved to get a response like yours! I’ll definitely be looking around to find the best dealer in the area

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm reserved with Kearny Mesa Ford also. Got the same message. Encouraging how responsive their web-sales Mgr has been and promising (in writing) no markup and honoring X-Plan pricing.

OP
OP
I_am_Becks

I_am_Becks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm reserved with Kearny Mesa Ford also. Got the same message. Encouraging how responsive their web-sales Mgr has been and promising (in writing) no markup and honoring X-Plan pricing.
absolutely, Eric seems like a good guy and he's definitely on top of things.... down to letting me know he's wise to my shenanigans!

Sponsored
OP
OP
I_am_Becks

I_am_Becks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW, he's on here. Which I find cool because that is what an internet manager should be doing.

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So whatca getting? I reserved an OB (in a rush to get something booked) before careful study of the trim lines and features.

Now I know for sure that I plan to switch order to a 4-dr Badlands, 2.7-auto, High pkg, keep with stock 33's but maybe select one of the optional 17" wheels for better styling. Keen on the marine vinyl interior - hoping that light, almost white pictured everywhere is available choice. Otherwise likely the two-tone vinyl. Flip-flopping on paint color almost daily. Cactus Gray most likely but really like the Area-51, and inner-child wants the crazy orange.

Need to control myself on the Options pick list. Hardtop-White (or maybe color matched), LED light bar, wench, and something on the roof. Even with X-Plan deal probably can't keep it under $55k.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I_am_Becks

I_am_Becks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, you have it down! lol All I know is I want a Badlands but I am having a hard time deciding between 2 door and 4 door actually. The 4 door has a bigger tank and more room but I am a fan of how the 2 door looks. Nothin' a couple of jerry cans couldn't handle I suppose. I love Cactus grey so you can't get that because we'd both be driving around town with that... area 51 is my second choice. You have nice taste btw. I would love a white top too but I have a feeling Ford is gonna make us pay for that one.

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Ford tries shenanigans for a white top.... then it will get professionally wrapped to make it white.

I will get the vehicle paint protected within the first week. Ceramic and clear-bra.

Lip

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be placing my reservations with them now. Hopefully the Z-plan helps some.

Sponsored

PCHOnRoader

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I may switch my dealer to Kearny just because of this email... I haven't heard a peep from Airport Marina Ford here in LA.
AutoNation Ford in Torrance emailed right away and wasn’t an automated message. Had a quick back and forth. Haven’t done biz with them before but someone must have called and gotten more info as it says no ADM and honoring X plan on main news page thread with dealer spreadsheet.

Scottswanny

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, you have it down! lol All I know is I want a Badlands but I am having a hard time deciding between 2 door and 4 door actually. The 4 door has a bigger tank and more room but I am a fan of how the 2 door looks. Nothin' a couple of jerry cans couldn't handle I suppose. I love Cactus grey so you can't get that because we'd both be driving around town with that... area 51 is my second choice. You have nice taste btw. I would love a white top too but I have a feeling Ford is gonna make us pay for that one.
Thanks for the info. I reserved my 4 door badlands through Perry Ford in Poway. Not 100% sure on the pricing but I hope they offer the same pricing as Kearny Mesa Ford.

millsra13

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2019 Toyota 4runner, 2003 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I selected Perry Ford National City as it was the closest that I could get to work during the reservation fiasco and later contacted them about no ADM and X-plan. They originally said they would mark it up, but after telling them I was going to switch my dealer to Kearney Mesa they came back and said they would match. I even had them send it in writing so there's no confusion on order day. I suggest trying the same if your dealer is trying to mark up your reservation.

Hey Ryan,

I have great news! I just discussed with my General Sales Manager, Kamran Syed that we would be happy to support you and our troops by honoring the X Plan pricing with no additional dealer markup!

Best regards,

Andy May
Internet Director
Perry Ford National City
650-445-8209
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

ITC

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I am going to try this again...

I am also from San Diego. Have my reservation for a 2D BL-SQ at Kearny Mesa. I want to get it in Cactus Gray and will pay for the white top and grill. Classic.

Looks like this color combination is a fav here.
Sponsored