Sponsored

So does anyone plan on just getting the soft top?

vaman23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota, Yamaha, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am absolutely sticking with the soft top after seeing the video. Easy open and close without removing it. Plus it looks sexy as hell with A51
Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in northern NY w tons of snow but still getting soft top to star, it may get a Bronco in my driveway this year if I go this route...Iā€™ll add a hardtop when available either oem or see what aftermarket will come up with...I hope RSi Smartcap comes up with something, I like their stuff so far.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I personally do not like the soft top just because how high it sticks up when folded back...thereā€™s pics here somewhere. However i changed my mind to do soft top when i ordered (standard on BD) and just buy the MIC top afterwards thinking $695 gets me both and i can then sell the soft top which basically pays for the MIC...then found out that if you get the soft top itā€™s not pre-wired for rear wipers, etc for the hard top. Ended up choosing the MIC top šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good point! My question is for those of us getting a soft top on initial order, if you buy mic hardtop later on, does water/electric/wiper hookup come w the top and/or can it be added on at all??

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good point! My question is for those of us getting a soft top on initial order, if you buy mic hardtop later on, does water/electric/wiper hookup come w the top and/or can it be added on at all??
It absolutely can be added...it will not be $695 per B&P though. From what i was told it will be price of MIC if you get it at $695 + difference of price if soft top. So basically itā€™ll kinda even out. Apparently Ford thought this though already šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably won't come with it but can almost certainly be added. Expect it to be a few hundred bucks plus install. I'm guessing the MIC will be around $2500 through parts.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Youā€™re better off getting soft top after market so itā€™s already pretty-wired by getting the MIC and soft top will be cheaper if bought after...

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Youā€™re better off getting soft top after market so itā€™s already pretty-wired by getting the MIC and soft top will be cheaper if bought after...
My fear is the MIC top will delay the order... isnā€™t that one of the 6 or 7 deadly options???

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My fear is the MIC top will delay the order... isnā€™t that one of the 6 or 7 deadly options???
That's the understanding my dealer has

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Adding the electronics and connections for a hard top that aren't included with the soft top option would probably have to be done aftermarket and not be cheap.

Washer fluid lines to rear
Electrical lines for rear wiper
Switching on stem or elsewhere in driver cockpit to activate said wiper and washer fluid