Sponsored

So Ford is basically obliterating dealer allocations, right?

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, we’re not Ford’s customers? What ever! Not sure Jim Farley would agree.
We buy from the dealer. There’s a reason I buy from only a couple PPO le dealers and leave most to fend for themselves. The dealer is the one paying Ford.
Sponsored

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hard to believe this thread hasn't been closed.

Hard to believe my post is still going, but of course it's veered off the subject so bad so it probably should be. :)

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We buy from the dealer. There’s a reason I buy from only a couple PPO le dealers and leave most to fend for themselves. The dealer is the one paying Ford.
You might as well give up, he seems to have too much invested emotionally to publicly back down. His definition of a customer seems to be a final consumer, no matter how many layers and different companies it goes through. The world needs liberal arts majors too, I guess, maybe...

I wonder if, when trade in time comes, is the dealer a customer of the customer, of the first dealer (possible themselves?), or of Ford? It gets confusing...

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This cracks me up.

Look...any product in this world starts with raw materials and goes from that, via numerous middlemen, down to its final purchase with a consumer.

If anyone in the process stops buying that product is in trouble. Everyone is a customer for the middleman before them.

This is so widely known that there's actually tax laws in place dealing with wholesale.

Simple question, when a dealer gets a vehicle from the car manufacturer, do they have to pay for it? If so, the dealer is the customer of the manufacturer. If the dealer does not have to pay for the vehicle until they sell it, then they are simply a distributor which makes the end consumer the customer of the manufacturer.

But regardless if dealers stop buying from the manufacturer, or consumers stop buying from dealers, the impact is the same.

The only real difference is the significance of the impact. A manufacturer losing a distributor has much more of an impact than a manufacturer losing a single final consumer... In other words you get pissed off and walk out on Ford, nobody cares and nobody gets hurt. But if a dealer decides to stop selling Fords, it will have a larger impact, but honestly it's probably insignificant because you can't throw a rock too far in either direction and typically hit another Ford dealer.

I mean really, think about it, how many businesses can live because a single consumer makes a purchase from them once every, what 5 years, at a maximum if they're lucky. It's simply word of mouth in dealer reputation they are trying to protect, and one crying apple isn't going to matter as long as a majority are happy.

... Lets call that number 20% :)

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OBLITERATION

Someone graduated from BuzzFeed’s Click Bait Class

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After reading various threads, the gist I get is allocation numbers stay in place for the dealers, but an estimated 17000 allocations nationally are going to be filled by standard trim 101A convertible four door dealer stock models. This will happen each time a dealer has say three buildable orders based on the parts Ford has available, and Ford wants to build four for that dealer.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has given everyone a chance to modify their order and provided plumbing for soft tops. It shouldnt affect anyones orders. Keeping the lines moving is critical to their business. The constraints are known, so we can all make an informed decision as to what we want to do.
They gave us the bare freaking minimum chance to modify - and that's only if you're a 4 door and didn't already code 99. They gave us info and people made decisions at that time and now regret it based on the new info that came out - and I suspect Ford knew all along they were going to have an option for the plumbing.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might as well give up, he seems to have too much invested emotionally to publicly back down. His definition of a customer seems to be a final consumer, no matter how many layers and different companies it goes through. The world needs liberal arts majors too, I guess, maybe...

I wonder if, when trade in time comes, is the dealer a customer of the customer, of the first dealer (possible themselves?), or of Ford? It gets confusing...
That is silly, Ford pays for all the trade ins.....

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading various threads, the gist I get is allocation numbers stay in place for the dealers, but an estimated 17000 allocations nationally are going to be filled by standard trim 101A convertible four door dealer stock models. This will happen each time a dealer has say three buildable orders based on the parts Ford has available, and Ford wants to build four for that dealer.
Source? This is the first I have seen a hard number of dealer stock orders being produced. And with over 3000 Ford dealerships in the US that equals about 5 inventory units.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah..what basically happened is a bunch of us went out and got ourselves "xplan eligible". Then Ford decided to not offer Xplan pricing. In case you don't know, X plan was the ONLY tool we had to prevent snake dealers from ripping us off with huge ADM.

Originally we were supposed to be able to use our ability to move our reservations which gave us power over dealers, but then Ford screwed that up too and we had tonlock in our reservations sooner than anticipated.

Well when Ford pulled the plug, and screwed us all, only 3 dealers in the entire United States (At least that could be identified on this forum) offered folks "xplan equivalent pricing", or in the case of Grainger better than.

Sean at Serramonte was one... All be it they put a very specific and tight timeline, but as long as you transferred to their store before their deadline, you got locked into the good deal.

There was another dealer in Southern California that did something similar, not sure if that continued to work out for folks though.

Now that isn't to say people have not found dealers willing to sell AT msrp and not rip you off....but I can tell ya at least in Cali, they are hard to find.

All the dealers in my area have monopolized with each other to make sure everyone's charging extra so I'm very grateful to Serramonte, and now I know specifically Sean is the Man that made it all happen.

The only sucky part is how far I have to drive and the fact that it's in the Bay area :poop:
Hey now, thems fight’n words. 😛
Sponsored