Sponsored

So how do we leave deposits with the Dealership with no promise of delivery?

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer requested a $2000 deposit to confirm my order. At the time they said, they didn't want to get stuck with inventory if customers decided to dump their orders. They recently said if you don't want your order they would refund the deposit and take the order for stock. I wonder if they will be willing to do that now that they may have to wait for inventory?

How fair is it for the dealership to hold full deposits if there is no promise of a vehicle? Would it be reasonable to request they only hold only the original $100 or maybe $500 since we have an actual order?
Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same dilemma here my dealership asked for an extra $900 on top of a $100 reservation with them … so all In all I’m out a thousand dollars for a nonrefundable deposit with my dealership

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've ordered vehicles in the past and have always had to place a deposit down. While the timeline is very different in this case due to a number of uncertainties, I'm ok with a smaller deposit. $2K seems a bit high to me due to the fact you'll likely be waiting a year and the popularity of the model almost guarantees no loss for the dealer.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same dilemma here my dealership asked for an extra $900 on top of a $100 reservation with them … so all In all I’m out a thousand dollars for a nonrefundable deposit with my dealership
How in the hell is it nonrefundable?

Sponsored

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This feels like hail marry from dealers who are hard up for cash due to lack of inventory.

How does taking the order for stock with no customer deposit differ from you having an order in with no deposit?

A dealer acting like they won’t be able to sell your order (with ADM) if you choose not to purchase it makes no sense to me.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How in the hell is it nonrefundable?
They were saying it’s non-refundable. Probably figure it’s more of a headache for me to argue then fight them if I back out.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They were saying it’s non-refundable. Probably figure it’s more of a headache for me to argue then fight them if I back out.
Should have just walked out and gone someplace else. My dealer is complete shit but didn’t even play that crap with me.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should have just walked out and gone someplace else. My dealer is complete shit but didn’t even play that crap with me.
At the time I’d just got stationed in Virginia and didn’t know my options. Also the POS Bronco website debut only gave me that one dealer as an option when I had tried to make my reservation (even though there are three others closer). Only good thing I have going for me is they claim (I have the DORA and emails) not to charge over msrp for this Bronco. We’ll see if they stick to that because every car on their lot have a $2000 markup.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've always had to place a deposit on my ordered vehicles, but I've never had too wait 2 years to get one delivered. My Bronco dealer will ask for a reasonable $500 deposit when a VIN is assigned also. But, if you're going to put down a deposit this far in advance I advise you to get a written, and signed document that it is refundable if you decide to drop your order at least before the VIN is assigned. The horror stories here about deposits would curl your hair. And for goodness sake negotiate the selling price before you order, and get it in writting also.

One more thing. I can't believe they used the excuse that they didn't want to be stuck with a new Bronco on the lot. They're selling like hotcakes even with a stupid crazy high ADM. They must have something wrong in the old noggin.

Edit: My old friend @EvlNvrDys below has the best suggestion of the day. Look for another dealer, and talk with them before you do anything.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer requested a $2000 deposit to confirm my order. At the time they said, they didn't want to get stuck with inventory if customers decided to dump their orders. They recently said if you don't want your order they would refund the deposit and take the order for stock. I wonder if they will be willing to do that now that they may have to wait for inventory?

How fair is it for the dealership to hold full deposits if there is no promise of a vehicle? Would it be reasonable to request they only hold only the original $100 or maybe $500 since we have an actual order?
Find a new dealer. With the Bronco as scarce as it is.. Any dealer would be happy with stock!

And yes, quite a few dealers asked for only $500, and even more were fine with the initial $100

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OMG... I put down $2500 at my dealership. Reading the amounts on this thread is making me go hulk given that my bronco just got pushed to 2022.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interest free 2-3 year loan for the dealer.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just put my order in yesterday and didn't have to give a deposit, I thought this was a little nuts but wasn't going to argue. The other 2 dealers I spoke with wanted $100, I wouldn't give $2k!
Sponsored