Sponsored

So, how many hard tops are they actually producing?

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes . . . there is ONE . . .
If I learned anything about this website, it’s that this single Bronco and everything Ford should be praised. Do you know how much work went into producing one of 200K orders? Ford deserves a massive pat on the back, monumental achievement.
Sponsored

Swigz47

Badlands
First Name
Lindsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I learned anything about this website, it’s that this single Bronco and everything Ford should be praised. Do you know how much work went into producing one of 200K orders? Ford deserves a massive pat on the back, monumental achievement.
Oh you're about to get shit on by a lot of folks....3...2...1...

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco launch has not been the preferred result that Ford had hoped for . . . at least there is light at the end of the tunnel for the MIC issue being corrected.

Despite a rough launch, Ford is a great company, and if you look at them historically they are a gem in our American landscape of manufacturing/engineering, and certainly an institution within the automotive industry. This launch won't change that, especially when the Bronco itself is so innovative. I have worked with Ford for more than 20 years due to my business, been to their hallways in Dearborn countless times, and can attest to their "family" culture (Ford Family) . . . they are genuine people and highly ethical in their dealings, it has always been a pleasure to work with them on many levels.

I know it is easy to accuse Ford of shenanigans against us early reservation holders, but sometimes things "look" different than the really are. Social Media platforms are full of people who jump to conclusions (I'm guilty too!) and we often do not see the whole story before criticizing. I feel confident that Ford has been and is doing now everything they can to accommodate all of us. A publicly-traded company avoids upsetting their customer base as much as possible. Remember too, if you have a "bad dealer experience" that is not Ford, per se, the dealers behave on their own accord and are separate from the mother ship.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco launch has not been the preferred result that Ford had hoped for . . . at least there is light at the end of the tunnel for the MIC issue being corrected.

Despite a rough launch, Ford is a great company, and if you look at them historically they are a gem in our American landscape of manufacturing/engineering, and certainly an institution within the automotive industry. This launch won't change that, especially when the Bronco itself is so innovative. I have worked with Ford for more than 20 years due to my business, been to their hallways in Dearborn countless times, and can attest to their "family" culture (Ford Family) . . . they are genuine people and highly ethical in their dealings, it has always been a pleasure to work with them on many levels.

I know it is easy to accuse Ford of shenanigans against us early reservation holders, but sometimes things "look" different than the really are. Social Media platforms are full of people who jump to conclusions (I'm guilty too!) and we often do not see the whole story before criticizing. I feel confident that Ford has been and is doing now everything they can to accommodate all of us. A publicly-traded company avoids upsetting their customer base as much as possible. Remember too, if you have a "bad dealer experience" that is not Ford, per se, the dealers behave on their own accord and are separate from the mother ship.
Oh come on, I expected an immature response! Jk. I’ve never owned a Ford and going by what’s happened here, this will be the only one if it ever even comes. I’m fully aware I can chalk up everything they done to, “doing business.” The issue I have is every decision they’ve made has directly affected me and many other people. I should not be sitting here in December of 2021, 15 months after my reservation for my wife watching people getting vins who reserved after me, especially 2 door orders. Even worse people without reservations getting vins before us. But this is the reality they created and I’m stuck in the middle and frankly if Ford went bankrupt and burned to the ground I would not care. They haven’t shown once they actually appreciate my business. A calendar and a hammock? Is that so I can be comfy staring at the calendar counting the days? Lol. I can see the big picture but at the end of the day, my experience is what I’ll judge them on. It’s been shitty so far.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Well when a guy has a Reservation at the biggest dealer in his town, and its ordered and not built and not scheduled to be built. In October he orders the exact same Bronco that he has reserved at the biggest dealer. He has a build date for the order October of 21, not the one that the order is attached to his reservation.

This is in Ford's control. This shows exactly how crappy their roll out is. Honestly its worse than a soup sammich.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really, because I see more of the other side... Ford is garbage, the Bronco is an unreliable piece of junk that nobody can buy anyway because Ford took their firstborn child and then didn't deliver the unreliable piece of garbage, etc etc.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Theoretically speaking, there should be more tops available for production since the Broncos on hold in Michigan have been replaced/repaired.
My take is the Broncos at MAP are still having tops replaced, which is why order scheduling went from sane allocation-commodity-res date at dealer process in October, to whacky mostly soft tops in November and December.

Would like to see a return to sane solid progress next month.

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really, because I see more of the other side... Ford is garbage, the Bronco is an unreliable piece of junk that nobody can buy anyway because Ford took their firstborn child and then didn't deliver the unreliable piece of garbage, etc etc.
Lol that was sarcasm.

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well when a guy has a Reservation at the biggest dealer in his town, and its ordered and not built and not scheduled to be built. In October he orders the exact same Bronco that he has reserved at the biggest dealer. He has a build date for the order October of 21, not the one that the order is attached to his reservation.

This is in Ford's control. This shows exactly how crappy their roll out is. Honestly its worse than a soup sammich.
I know, it's a raw deal and no one likes it, even Ford. They're trying to appease and balance limited supply of a hot commodity between their primary engine for sales (dealers) and end consumers. Being fair to Ford, they have said for a very long time now that dealer allocation would affect timeliness for vehicle deliveries despite reservation time stamps. Time stamps at the same dealership would fill chronologically with like builds, whereas timestamps from one dealership to another for a similar build may fill wildly different due to the allocations. Not perfect for those of us with early reservations, but that's the nature of the beast when trying to balance the entire drive chain of the launch. Not saying you should be happy with it (I'm not), but there's perspective here that demonstrates Ford is not trying to dis reservation holders. When the supply chain of MIC's and overall production numbers catch up we will all be happy, dealers and end consumers alike.

OP
OP

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, the allocation aspect throws so many wrenches into it. If only Ford and the dealers were more forthcoming on actual allocation numbers. While newer orders with or without reservations seem to be getting scheduled, I only hope that they are softtops and that the MICs (as few as they seemingly are) are going to early reservation holders (unfortunately moderated by allocations).

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know, it's a raw deal and no one likes it, even Ford. They're trying to appease and balance limited supply of a hot commodity between their primary engine for sales (dealers) and end consumers. Being fair to Ford, they have said for a very long time now that dealer allocation would affect timeliness for vehicle deliveries despite reservation time stamps. Time stamps at the same dealership would fill chronologically with like builds, whereas timestamps from one dealership to another for a similar build may fill wildly different due to the allocations. Not perfect for those of us with early reservations, but that's the nature of the beast when trying to balance the entire drive chain of the launch. Not saying you should be happy with it (I'm not), but there's perspective here that demonstrates Ford is not trying to dis reservation holders. When the supply chain of MIC's and overall production numbers catch up we will all be happy, dealers and end consumers alike.
Yes, but we were many months into the wait when Ford said allocations would come into play. Then we were even more months into when they said they would build stock if they could not build reservations due to constraints. Then over a year into it they Changed the allocation formula, again screwing the reservation holder. All this Ford does have complete control of. As I pointed out the one guy got his order built before his reservation, exact same vehicle. Per Fords stamens for almost a year that should not have happened. That one of many examples.

Now the MIC top. That created a whole lot of problems and is really hurting 2-door reservation holders. I place 75% of the blame on the suppler. Top has to be made to Ford specs, did Ford screw that up? I do blame Ford for not testing the pre production tops better. Should have also test the initial production run better. Sad thing this supply has won awards for the top they did for the corvette, which had not been done before. Bronco top is not new and innovative like the Corvette top. Why so much trouble? Fords design or Ford specs?

When will they ever catch up. Supply chain issues are predicted to last until 3rd quarter 22.

At this point I figure I will be in the day 700 group. Ford could care less about an early reservation now that the FE's are done.
Sponsored