First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the looks for an SUV but it doesn’t strike me as a capable off-roader. But maybe I’m mistaken...

What is the tallest tire you can get on these things?

Can you get lockers?

How much clearance can you get with the air suspension? Is the articulation any good when jacked up?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bajabound

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like the looks for an SUV but it doesn’t strike me as a capable off-roader. But maybe I’m mistaken...

What is the tallest tire you can get on these things?

Can you get lockers?

How much clearance can you get with the air suspension? Is the articulation any good when jacked up?

It comes with lockers, similar setitngs to goat modes, and it has really good approach angles. It can wade through 3 feet of water stock and im pretty sure i can get 33s on it.

There are plenty of super cool videos of it going head to head with a wrangler or 4runner and doing everything they can do with ease.

I like the fact that it may look like a luxury vehicle but will definitely take me anywhere i want to go

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on the new Defender, Doug DeMuro.

Nice looking vehicle!

OP
OP
Bajabound

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congrats on your new purchase! As someone who is without a car until either my Bronco gets built, or i give up and get something else, I can relate with your decision for sure. I hope you have a blast with it!

When was your original Bronco reservation date / time?
Im pretty sure i was sometime around the 23rd. 4dr BD softtop 2.3 mid

These are nearly as hard to get right now, and it really only happened because there was one that someone didnt come to pick up the day i was looking at them. I guess it was fate.

The best decision for me personally, but definitely not for everyone!

OP
OP
Bajabound

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

congrats. i was wanting one of those before the announced the pricing. way out of budget here in Canada. Starts around $65k CDN. thats basically a Sasquatch Badlands with High package. Purists hate it as they hate everything but if you put that aside i hear they are very nice.

They are very capable. Media took it on a 3-4 days African excursion and beat the crap out of them. videos below.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hahaha i do live in san diego too, thats funny. 😂
I have a couple of friends in the San Diego area who have the older defenders from the early 90s and like to take them on adventures. I really liked the older ones. :)

BroncoBoy21

Wildtrak
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX50 | 1976 Mustang Cobra II
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Bajabound I have been eyeing one of these for my spouse - do you mind if I ask for the lease details of what you got ? Money down/lease payment? Feel free to DM me if you're more comfortable! :)

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It comes with lockers, similar setitngs to goat modes, and it has really good approach angles. It can wade through 3 feet of water stock and im pretty sure i can get 33s on it.

There are plenty of super cool videos of it going head to head with a wrangler or 4runner and doing everything they can do with ease.

I like the fact that it may look like a luxury vehicle but will definitely take me anywhere i want to go
It seems to come with the equivalent of low profile 32s which is bigger than it looks... maybe you could fit 33s.

To me, a huge draw of the Bronco is factory 35s. But even if the Defender could run 35s, the price is pushing it.. a somewhat comparable build is about $14K CAD more than my Badlands. The Defender looks more refined, but I actually want something that looks more rugged.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bajabound

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It seems to come with the equivalent of low profile 32s which is bigger than it looks... maybe you could fit 33s.

To me, a huge draw of the Bronco is factory 35s. But even if the Defender could run 35s, the price is pushing it.. a somewhat comparable build is about $14K CAD more than my Badlands. The Defender looks more refined, but I actually want something that looks more rugged.
That is a great perspective and honestly a super fair reasoning! I think initially i wanted something more comfy than the bronco, but there is no question the bronco is a monster.

The 32s on the defender are huge it feels like, and honestly i love the car bc i dont feel the need to add a lift or whatever it feels well optioned from factory to fit my needs

OP
OP
Bajabound

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
congrats. i was wanting one of those before the announced the pricing. way out of budget here in Canada. Starts around $65k CDN. thats basically a Sasquatch Badlands with High package. Purists hate it as they hate everything but if you put that aside i hear they are very nice.

They are very capable. Media took it on a 3-4 days African excursion and beat the crap out of them. videos below.

Yes!! these videos are great examples of its capability, i somewhat like that people underestimate it. I can always tow them out on the trails if they need it 😉

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was on the waiting list, and still am for the black diamond bronco that I reserved last year. Yesterday however, I made a decision that came after talking with my dealer and being a year or so in waiting for this car and still not having any idea when I will get it was not what i wanted. After looking around, I managed to find a Land Rover defender 2022 model available at my family friends landover dealership. Being run 24 in buying my first car on my own, I didn’t wanna wait another year when I have the money saved. And could get an absolutely beautiful Land Rover defender. I love it because it has white steelies, white top, and a flaky green paint that I love. It has everything that I wanted in the bronco, with so much more comfort, space (I am 6’6” 235) and capability. Not to mention, it has rubberized backs of its trunk adjacent seats.

I will however miss the customization aspect of the bronco, and the idea of it, but in the end the defender exceeds the model that i had ordered. I wish you all well on your journey, The bronco is a beautiful truck.

So for now, this is goodbye…. Hope to see you out on the trails!

EDIT: This is a lease! So my car very well might not even be in the driveway when the warranty goes. To the Insecure bronco only gatekeepers on the thread, don't you have a production schedule you need to whine about somewhere else?

B0FD2B34-74F8-41F6-94AA-45DC4A243B46.jpeg

415C1D4E-83A3-414C-9B88-DD8DA1070D30.jpeg

99A61AB0-A53C-4549-8B24-5D8C4A79F3A0.jpeg

1F65E59A-0884-4B1B-9B55-15F5AD2C01D8.jpeg

BCDFF38F-F3D5-40A3-ACDD-C7E2E4C22752.jpeg

9F118309-0879-4F36-BDD2-3F45AAA43C5F.jpeg

584E86DD-3F3D-417B-BDE0-AB0D5AE398C8.jpeg
BYE FELICIA!

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait, you’re going to take a lease on trails?
Sponsored