First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did test drive the Defender twice. I did the ride along in the Bronco, and sat in the driver seat. I am 6’6”.
And I am sorry…. but the leg room in the Bronco is much better than in the Defender. It’s so bad in the defender that it was one of the main reason I did not pick one last year.

I am so happy I waited, because riding in the Bronco was a revelation. It‘s just such a better car for me and what I will do with the vehicle.

But the Defender looks awesome, is super quiet on the highway and drives great. Just make sure to pick the extended warranty, everyone I know with the last gen Discovery are having nightmares with tons of expensive issues all the time.

Goodbye and enjoy your new vehicle!
Had the small Freelander (replaced with the LR2) purchased with the Certified Warranty. Good thing since Land Rover "replaced" all of the following: Rear window - faulty defogger, moon roof - broken gearing, navigation/radio, transmission - locked up, engine - cylinder sleeve let loose. Would never consider another Land Rover.
Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congrats on a beautiful rig. Last Sunday I was sitting outside a a coffee shop and a lady drove up and parked a Defender right by where I was sitting. She let me peak inside and it does seem to be a step up from a Bronco in terms of fit and finish. Of course, LR didn’t design the Defender to be like a Wrangler. I’m still Bronco all the way, but I think Defender would be my second choice.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We went to the LR dealer to check out the Defender for my wife, the are nice, but the 110's are all spoken for around here, and the 90 just wasn't gonna cut it for my wife. Well, we went back and drove a Velar and really liked it. She traded in her JK for it, and I gotta say it is nice. Didn't get the fancy air suspension though, we've heard they can be hit and miss in the long run. We have the 2-Door Bronco on the way (someday) and the FJ40 to play with in the dirt. But now she has a comfortable, very nice daily driver.

OP
OP
Bajabound

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wait, you’re going to take a lease on trails?
Yup! Friend is the GM at the dealership i got it at and he said to not worry about it and to really enjoy it. Especially off road.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats! Love the color.

Sponsored

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ever since Tata bought land rover there designs have been all about the mall crawler. The evoque what the hell it that thing then they kept going with the defender. Its a shame, a once great rig.
JLR would've been dead in the water if not for Tata. Fortunately (or unfortunately for some), design and capability decisions are made keeping in mind the 80-90% of the target buyers, and not edge or extreme cases.

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was on the waiting list, and still am for the black diamond bronco that I reserved last year. Yesterday however, I made a decision that came after talking with my dealer and being a year or so in waiting for this car and still not having any idea when I will get it was not what i wanted. After looking around, I managed to find a Land Rover defender 2022 model available at my family friends landover dealership. Being run 24 in buying my first car on my own, I didn’t wanna wait another year when I have the money saved. And could get an absolutely beautiful Land Rover defender. I love it because it has white steelies, white top, and a flaky green paint that I love. It has everything that I wanted in the bronco, with so much more comfort, space (I am 6’6” 235) and capability. Not to mention, it has rubberized backs of its trunk adjacent seats.

I will however miss the customization aspect of the bronco, and the idea of it, but in the end the defender exceeds the model that i had ordered. I wish you all well on your journey, The bronco is a beautiful truck.

So for now, this is goodbye…. Hope to see you out on the trails!

EDIT: This is a lease! So my car very well might not even be in the driveway when the warranty goes. To the Insecure bronco only gatekeepers on the thread, don't you have a production schedule you need to whine about somewhere else?

B0FD2B34-74F8-41F6-94AA-45DC4A243B46.jpeg

415C1D4E-83A3-414C-9B88-DD8DA1070D30.jpeg

99A61AB0-A53C-4549-8B24-5D8C4A79F3A0.jpeg

1F65E59A-0884-4B1B-9B55-15F5AD2C01D8.jpeg

BCDFF38F-F3D5-40A3-ACDD-C7E2E4C22752.jpeg

9F118309-0879-4F36-BDD2-3F45AAA43C5F.jpeg

584E86DD-3F3D-417B-BDE0-AB0D5AE398C8.jpeg
Gorgeous!!! Congrats.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I noticed landcover doesn't have those commercials about how they test them in desserts and stuff anymore. Probably because they fall apart in the first 50 miles

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When doing their SUV of the Year review and article, Expedition Portal said of the new Defender, "On specifications and aggregate performance alone, the Defender is the superior vehicle in this test. It is better at everything performance-related except the most extreme technical terrain (reserved for the Wrangler)."

I think you'll be very happy with your new Defender.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are people criticizing this guy's purchase? Geesh. Some of us can't wait until 2023 to get a vehicle.

Congrats and ignore the whining babies. If you go to other vehicle forums, they do not act like this (well, some do, but they are always called out).

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait, you’re going to take a lease on trails?
BLUF: Would I take a leased vehicle on trails... HELL YA!!!

The only leased car I ever had was a 1995 Pontiac Trans Am (no T-top, upgraded suspension, 160 mph speedo, 6 speed, with the SLP exhaust due to CA emissions problems with the single exhaust - basically a WS-6 without the gawdy hood). To say that my ex-wife and I drove it like a rental car would be a kind assessment. Everything was under warranty (although I did pay for blowing up the clutch - yes, shattered that f'er). We ran BFG R1's or Yokohama A008rs-II's on the car the entire 3 years. Knocked the rear wheel bearings out of it so many times (all replaced by warranty) that it wasn't funny. Ran it deep into the triple digits frequently (did you know that the cruise control only worked up to 120 MPH???) . Ya, it was a lease, it was insured, and we really weren't worried about it blowing up! It was a blast!!!

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also bought a defender as my daily drive

still love my bronco
Sponsored