Sponsored

So I decided to wait and buy a MY22......

Broncogirl16

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
for many reasons......I put my deposit on a 4-door Bronco the first day. Anyone know anything about how reservations for MY22 will go since I already have a deposit in for a MY21?
Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe ordering for MY 2022 will open sometime this summer.

Until then, all you have to do is NOT convert your reservation to an order.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I decided to wait for a 22. By then, several auto reviews will be done on the Bronco as well as possible test drives for customers and hopefully the covid supply chain issues will be minimal or non-existent. And all the rumored new colors, special editions and remediation on things like roof racks for the SASQ, etc., should be stable. And not that I expect it, but in the event that there are some 21 bugs to be ironed out, they will be taken care of too. To get the 22 in lieu of the 21, my dealer informed me to not convert my 21 reservation and it will ride until the 22 orders open up in summer, which is consistent with what Ford stated previously. Because I have an early 21 slot it should put me at the top of the 22 orders, when they open. Delivery is expected to be early 22. Who knows, maybe the 22 that I ultimately get will not be much different than what a 21 would be in trim and color, but I was getting to the point where every time there was a change by Ford, I was settling. And the build I want is apparently impacted by lots of late availability or preferred options that would put my delivery late anyway. This way I will get exactly what I want for that not so low price. Who knows what 22 will bring? Maybe it will be multiple special editions, warthogs, hybrids, ah the possibilities! No bad Broncos even if you do have to wait a bit longer!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let me throw out a scenario and see where it leads. Lets say someone is in line for a '21 and they are pushed to '22. Would that person in the queue be ahead of someone who opted for a '22 despite maybe having an earlier reservation?

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let me throw out a scenario and see where it leads. Lets say someone is in line for a '21 and they are pushed to '22. Would that person in the queue be ahead of someone who opted for a '22 despite maybe having an earlier reservation?
I am fairly certain that when in doubt reservation timestamp rules the day. It would trump an earlier conversion which is in essence what you are describing.

Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to Ford, you keep you reservation number which stays for the MY22 waiting line. Earlier timestamp, earlier in the queue for a 22.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you put a deposit in with your dealer, then you should talk with them in addition to chilling out.

Shifty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe ordering for MY 2022 will open sometime this summer.

Until then, all you have to do is NOT convert your reservation to an order.
Even if you do convert...if you get pushed to MY22 you get a chance to redo your build with the brand new prices, colors and trims for MY22. The only danger in converting the order now is that you could be a Dec MY 21, in which case you get your build as ordered.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since 2022 is a new production run I assume that they will still use reservation date and commodity limitation to determine firing order. So to your question, probably not.

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just curious, if you decide to wait, how much would one expect to pay for a MY22 compared to a MY21 if your build is basically the same minus changing the paint color?
I would think the prices will go up?

OP
OP

Broncogirl16

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious, if you decide to wait, how much would one expect to pay for a MY22 compared to a MY21 if your build is basically the same minus changing the paint color?
I would think the prices will go up?
I'm in the same way of thinking as "stampede". For the amount of money I will be spending, might be nice to see some production vehicles and possibly test one? Do I need the bigger engine? How about the larger screen? I am sure there are kinks they will work out from the 21's. Although it will kill me to see other Broncos on the road before I get mine, at least I know I will be happy with what options I pick out since I have seen them before ordering.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in the same way of thinking as "stampede". For the amount of money I will be spending, might be nice to see some production vehicles and possibly test one? Do I need the bigger engine? How about the larger screen? I am sure there are kinks they will work out from the 21's. Although it will kill me to see other Broncos on the road before I get mine, at least I know I will be happy with what options I pick out since I have seen them before ordering.
I've thought the same things, but I thought what the heck. Owning a Wrangler JL I know that with the independent front suspension the Bronco will drive better than the Jeep (Jeep doesn't drive bad, it's just different with a solid front axle). I'm fairly sure the Bronco's ride will be quite comparable to the Jeep. And, with owning a new Ford Ranger I know the 2.3L will be more than enough engine. Also I'm sure the seats will very comfortable in the Bronco as they look very close to the same design as the Rangers. With all of that I know mine will be a 2022 model, because I'm so far down the line I can't even see the door. Good luck with your order, and I hope it goes as you wish.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what is the list of new MY22 options:

green exterior color added

white hard top availability

heritage edition

what else?

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've thought the same things, but I thought what the heck. Owning a Wrangler JL I know that with the independent front suspension the Bronco will drive better than the Jeep (Jeep doesn't drive bad, it's just different with a solid front axle). I'm fairly sure the Bronco's ride will be quite comparable to the Jeep. And, with owning a new Ford Ranger I know the 2.3L will be more than enough engine. Also I'm sure the seats will very comfortable in the Bronco as they look very close to the same design as the Rangers. With all of that I know mine will be a 2022 model, because I'm so far down the line I can't even see the door. Good luck with your order, and I hope it goes as you wish.
How are the speakers in the ranger?
Sponsored