Sponsored

So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The drought is well documented in the DSW. I figured once I actually have a Bronco, I could single handedly solve our water problems by leaving the top off. Rain also traditionally avoids wherever I'm at. I figure this phenom could also be altered by a topless Bronco.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not enough room in the back for tge panels?
We had our two dogs with us, so there wasn't enough room. When it's the two of us, even with the dogs, there's enough room and we can put the seats down.

6.jpg

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The drought is well documented in the DSW. I figured once I actually have a Bronco, I could single handedly solve our water problems by leaving the top off. Rain also traditionally avoids wherever I'm at. I figure this phenom could also be altered by a topless Bronco.
I even had a rain coat. Which normally means, no rain. If I leave it at home, downpour.

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My son wanted me to take the top off yesterday, we went down to Parker for a family gathering. The skies opened up in our drive back up north. Glad I listened to my gut and left it on!
We went to RMNP yesterday, we got a timed entry bc I wanted to take them up Fall River Road.

Felt like Clark Griswold when we got there and it was closed for the day. And yup, we got rained on during the way back, too.

The Friday trip was Devil's Head to the fire watch tower.

Ford Bronco So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off 5

Ford Bronco So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off 66

Ford Bronco So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off 77

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is one of the few things that Jeep just has nailed in 2022 versus the Bronco. The available Sky One Touch is just magical. I am not sure when we’ll ever take off the roof of our Bronco - despite it looking sooo good. But we open the top of the Jeep all the freakin time. It’s push button magical.

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:LOL: The soft top joke was the best! Glad you can laugh about it.

gmannerino

Base
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might be worth keeping a roll of plastic wrap in the back for situations like this

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

54 is a great temp for convertible driving, provided it's a sunny day or you're geared up enough.
All I know is when it’s below 60, I’m in full leathers on my bike. When I was younger, I’d ride as soon as there was no chance of snow. Now, I prefer when it’s over 70. Must be getting cold blooded!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We went to RMNP yesterday, we got a timed entry bc I wanted to take them up Fall River Road.

Felt like Clark Griswold when we got there and it was closed for the day. And yup, we got rained on during the way back, too.

The Friday trip was Devil's Head to the fire watch tower.

Ford Bronco So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off 77

Fall River is an awesome trip!

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I know is when it’s below 60, I’m in full leathers on my bike. When I was younger, I’d ride as soon as there was no chance of snow. Now, I prefer when it’s over 70. Must be getting cold blooded!
Sure that makes sense, but in a car you have a bit more mass acting as a wind break. You've also got a heater that can pump warm air around your body without it being sucked away by the wind rushing around you on a bike (which I miss riding a lot).

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Our 2-door is super quiet with NO wind noise, so we're afraid to jinx that silent situation by removing the front panels. LOL!

No overpasses for you to stop under?

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our 2-door is super quiet with NO wind noise, so we're afraid to jinx that silent situation by removing the front panels. LOL!

No overpasses for you to stop under?
The storm was going to be a while, it was going to get cooler as it got darker, we decided to just bite the bullet and send it.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
15% chance of rain means it will definitely rain in 15% of the area covered by the weather map, not that there is a 15% chance of it raining on the entire map.

Its convoluted, but helps avoid situations like this.
Not sure if you are joking, but that’s definitely not how a forecast works. It’s a formula based on the likelihood it will rain in the area and the percentage of the forecast area that would be impacted.

https://www.weather.gov/media/pah/WeatherEducation/pop.pdf

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. Your circulation doesn't get better as you get older!
Sponsored