Sponsored

So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if you are joking, but that’s definitely not how a forecast works. It’s a formula based on the likelihood it will rain in the area and the percentage of the forecast area that would be impacted.

https://www.weather.gov/media/pah/WeatherEducation/pop.pdf
Well, If it says 15% chance of rain, and I'm planning on driving with the top down, playing softball, fishing or camping (especially camping) ... it means that it will 100% rain on me....
Sponsored

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why I am little bit less fustrated getting pushed to 2023, I added the retractable front row twill soft top to my build.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I learned Friday the media screen spazzes out big time when it's soaked. Try to avoid that.
And...this is from a "trusted source", the resonant frequencies transmitted up through the cabin at precisely 58 mph when you're running tractor tires, shakes the juice right out of the capacitors, causing your radio to spazz out!😉🙃🤪

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been caught in a couple of downpours with the top and doors off. You get wet. Water accumulates on the inside of the windshield which can make it hard to see. That's about it.
Biggest problem I have is all the dust turns to mud. No problems with the screen or anything else not working correctly.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That if you have friends in from out of town, and you plan a day trip/hike that's 2 hours and 15 minutes from the house, and the weather says "15% chance of light scattered showers" and you take the front and center panels off that-

A: It will rain. A lot. Like, starting right before you come off the trial, and then the entire 2 hour and 15 minute trip home.

B: No matter which way you're going, the storm is going that way, too.

C: You should try to maintain a speed of at least 50 MPH, and the rain will mostly avoid coming in the cab of your Bronco you've had for 3 weeks.

D: If there's nothing you can do to stop it, you should just try to make the best of it and sing songs really loud. So you don't cry.

Oh, and

E: You'll see another Bronco on I25 with their soft top on, and they will point and laugh at you.

24.jpg
Solid post!!!

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not enough room in the back for tge panels?
I know OP made a comment on your post, but I will elaborate a little more. Front panels in the bag, dogs probably could have fit fine too. Middle panel has to have the seats down to fit in the back and it fits back there kinda tight. No passengers and no dogs.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Happened to me on the highway, had top down all doors off all of a sudden sky went dark and down poured! We were soaked. We stopped at the next rest stop and put top up. Makes a good memorable story.

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking even one of the mesh tops MIGHT help a bit at the stop lights, slow going, etc.

I know the canvas/vinyl top on my 69 saved my bacon a few times. You had to lean away from the edges at the stop lights, but once you were moving, it was dry.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What? Heck I ride my motorcycle into the mid 30’s.

34 degrees is my cutoff for commuting to work on my bike. Once it gets below 40 degrees, I switch to my winter gloves and put the liner in my jacket. No wind screen or heated gear.

As far as the Bronco, the lowest I've done is 20 degrees at 80mph with no doors and top. Not comfortable for most people for sure, but for a short drive I can deal with it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as the Bronco, the lowest I've done is 20 degrees at 80mph with no doors and top. Not comfortable for most people for sure, but for a short drive I can deal with it.
@kodiakisland 's Bronco when he gets to his destination.
Ford Bronco So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off 1664766850512

Here he is...
Ford Bronco So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off 1664766932693

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We had our two dogs with us, so there wasn't enough room. When it's the two of us, even with the dogs, there's enough room and we can put the seats down.

Ford Bronco So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off 1664766932693
Even without the dogs isn’t it true that if you have 4 people and can’t put the backseats down you can not fit both the front panels and mid panel? If so I just feel like that was a small oversight in the design unfortunately. Like if I have 4 people in the vehicle I want both panels off and ideally I’d like to be able to bring the panels with me somehow just in case something like this.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even without the dogs isn’t it true that if you have 4 people and can’t put the backseats down you can not fit both the front panels and mid panel? If so I just feel like that was a small oversight in the design unfortunately. Like if I have 4 people in the vehicle I want both panels off and ideally I’d like to be able to bring the panels with me somehow just in case something like this.
Design oversite, as in they should have made the Bronco bigger? At some point, you can only put so much stuff behind the seats.
Sponsored