Sponsored

So I Found Out Friday Afternoon... While driving in pouring rain with the top off

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last week, weatherman stated 85 degrees and sunny. An hour into my day we had dime sized rain drops coming down in sheets. A Bimini top does nothing to keep the rain out, regardless of speed driven.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol in my defense, it was a learning experience... I've lived here almost a year so I didn't know.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That if you have friends in from out of town, and you plan a day trip/hike that's 2 hours and 15 minutes from the house, and the weather says "15% chance of light scattered showers" and you take the front and center panels off that-

A: It will rain. A lot. Like, starting right before you come off the trial, and then the entire 2 hour and 15 minute trip home.

B: No matter which way you're going, the storm is going that way, too.

C: You should try to maintain a speed of at least 50 MPH, and the rain will mostly avoid coming in the cab of your Bronco you've had for 3 weeks.

D: If there's nothing you can do to stop it, you should just try to make the best of it and sing songs really loud. So you don't cry.

Oh, and

E: You'll see another Bronco on I25 with their soft top on, and they will point and laugh at you.

24.jpg
This story is 100% the reason that I struggled between a hard top and soft top. I have no doubt that I will be writing this story myself someday.

bschack

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW M550i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just so I am clear...as I wait for my 4-door hardtop Wildtrak Sas.......

- can the front and mid-panels both be stored in the truck if you fold down the back seats?
- what about if you don't fold the back seats?

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
iā€™m on vacation in Florida where there been no rain chance and have rented a Jeep with the sky touch roof. On a scale of 1-10 I give it an eleven. I sure hope someone makes one for the Bronco it is as good as it gets.

Sponsored

YULQQKN4

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 502A BAP, 2022 MUSTANG GT 6 SPEED COUPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Top Off Bronco driving is the same as motorcycle riding :) always add 50% to whatever the precipitation percent is and you will have your actual number :)

broncovision

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Explorer, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always leave my front panels in the bag in the back.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Top Off Bronco driving is the same as motorcycle riding :) always add 50% to whatever the precipitation percent is and you will have your actual number :)
That is not a joke. It is very much correct.

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Been there many a time in the Jeep. Thatā€™s why I opted for a trim with a vinyl floor. Had to remove the carpet on the Jeep after it started smelling like a shoe. Do the carpeted models have the option to remove it to dry/air out?

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Been there many a time in the Jeep. Thatā€™s why I opted for a trim with a vinyl floor. Had to remove the carpet on the Jeep after it started smelling like a shoe. Do the carpeted models have the option to remove it to dry/air out?
I'm not sure, I got all water mats so the carpet isn't really exposed... I'll have to double check on that but I don't think it comes out

Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
iā€™m on vacation in Florida where there been no rain chance and have rented a Jeep with the sky touch roof. On a scale of 1-10 I give it an eleven. I sure hope someone makes one for the Bronco it is as good as it gets.
100% this. It's a perfect mix of soft top, hard top, and modular top all in one.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I say, you haven't lived until you've been caught in the rain with a convertible.
Make the best of it, and when the sun comes out, make sure to really dry it/air it out well.

WilmBlue

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pouring Rain! Soft top open in the first position so the entire cab was uncovered! I was stuck in wedding so there was nothing I could do. I mean, it was raining sideways and dumping for about 1.5 hours. Got back to the Bronco, entire cab was drenched. 2ā€ of water in the cup holders. I have never been so thankful for the Black Diamond vinyl and wash out interior. Wiped up no problem with a few towels in 10 minutes. Water drained out of passive drains on the floors so there were no puddles. Opened the active drains to push more water out of them. I now realize why the doors only have the cargo mesh pockets instead of typical plastic molded ones.

Only lingering issueā€¦ the sun visors had water penetrate them somehow. There is still water in there that I canā€™t get out. The metal extension bar is still wet whenever you extend the visor out and I can hear a squish if I squeeze them.

Other than that, good to go! Nice job Bronco (Ford)!
Sponsored