Sponsored

So I have been drinking and thinking...Bronco or old Ranger and an F-Type R ?

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stick with the Bronco

Side note: Dude if you're financially secure and you're 100% sure you can, walk into work and retire, if you could have 2 years ago do it now. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed to anyone, why stay at a high stress job, people do that at my work and I don't get it. The day we can all get outta the rat race we gotta jump.
I here you. I can live off my retirement and life isn't getting any longer. No one on their death bed wished they would have worked more. I just don't know what I want or will do in retirement so I just keep showing up.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I reserved 7/14 2020 @1600. My build is in my signature.

I blew up at work this evening. Not normal but I am losing patience. I could have retired a couple of years ago now. My job has too much stress built in. I don't really work for a living. I have had jobs where you actually work but I am the patrol captain at a police department and its hard to describe how the job drains you. Plenty of people ask me why retire? You're job isn't that hard. Some times physical labor has more benefits than mental drain.

So I'm getting close to saying f it. I bought out my VW Passat lease for $11,800. Sold it two weeks later to Carvana for $21,950. I keep separate savings account for different reasons and spending. I need to do this because I am terrible with finances. My vehicle account now has $17500 in it. I saved $10k for the Bronco, made $10k on the Passat and then bought my Uncle's 2003 Ranger FX 4 for $2500. I'm pretty sure I got a family discount.

So back to my drinking and thoughts. I love the Bronco or at least the idea of it. I have not even seen a 2dr BL or even a 2dr yet but I'm ready to go $50,000 on it(SAC deal at invoice - $1000). The Ranger is in good shape, well maintained and will serve many purposes.

I love the idea of the Jaguar F-Type R. 2016's run about $55k. I am keeping the Ranger regardless. You can't beat an old, paid for, dependable truck. You find them, you keep them. So 2022 Bronco or used F-Type R?
Dude...I was you and had a 718 ready to be shipped from Houston. I grounded myself and tried to be sensible. The dealer in Houston kept stepping on their dick so I figured it was a "sign" and backed out of the deal. The wait sucked. REALLY sucked, but you will be happy.

Keep on truck'n

Last edited:

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You are in my head. I love the Jaguar XJ6C of the early to mid 70's. A beautiful stretched coupe. Easy V8 Chevy conversion if you aren't a purist. A true elegant sleeper.
I'm just looking out. You can have both. Start with the money part and reverse engineer your wants.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easy solution. Instead of drinking while on this site, go to EBay and while we’ll oiled bid on a Bronco. Waking from a hangover is never fun, but waking up from a hangover in which you were bidding and winning on EBay is an entirely different kind of scull busting headache.

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love Jags. I've owned an XJ, and an XJR - the latter during Fords ownership of the brand. They were great cars. My wife currently drives a Range Rover Evoque. She loves the package, I hate the build quality. JLR replaced the entire engine at 43k miles and we have had many other 'issues'. I've drive the F-Type and found it lacking. No room, poor ergonomics, poor gas mileage and the same build quality as the Evoque. If you really want to reduce stress and want something in the same niche, buy a 911. You will be much happier in the long run.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I here you. I can live off my retirement and life isn't getting any longer. No one on their death bed wished they would have worked more. I just don't know what I want or will do in retirement so I just keep showing up.
Good quick watch. Think about it:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No brainer. Bronco Base 2 door and save $23k. Or repair the jag when it breaks for $23k. Fun, not fun. My .02

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I‘d get the Jag. Can’t have more issues than a Bronco. :LOL:

Ford Bronco So I have been drinking and thinking...Bronco or old Ranger and an F-Type R ? 1641870788602

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I currently drive a 2019 ranger that we traded for a 2017 Jaguar F-Pace. The 340 HP supercharged V6 was a beast. $800 oil changes, tie rod replacements, $2k refrigerant recharges, and the scum that is Jaguar service people mean I will never patronize Jaguar ever again. The ranger was a nice transition, and I can’t wait for my Bronco. But never will I ever encourage a friend to make the mistake of buying Jaguar.

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy solution. Instead of drinking while on this site, go to EBay and while we’ll oiled bid on a Bronco. Waking from a hangover is never fun, but waking up from a hangover in which you were bidding and winning on EBay is an entirely different kind of scull busting headache.
That's how I ended up with the 86' project Jag. I'm never bidding drunk again!!!!

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved 7/14 2020 @1600. My build is in my signature.

I blew up at work this evening. Not normal but I am losing patience. I could have retired a couple of years ago now. My job has too much stress built in. I don't really work for a living. I have had jobs where you actually work but I am the patrol captain at a police department and its hard to describe how the job drains you. Plenty of people ask me why retire? You're job isn't that hard. Some times physical labor has more benefits than mental drain.
Whatever you decide. Thank you for your service, particularly in today's climate.
Stay Safe

OP
OP
WCP-82

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love Jags. I've owned an XJ, and an XJR - the latter during Fords ownership of the brand. They were great cars. My wife currently drives a Range Rover Evoque. She loves the package, I hate the build quality. JLR replaced the entire engine at 43k miles and we have had many other 'issues'. I've drive the F-Type and found it lacking. No room, poor ergonomics, poor gas mileage and the same build quality as the Evoque. If you really want to reduce stress and want something in the same niche, buy a 911. You will be much happier in the long run.
My second favorite car the 911. I was also browsing them tonight.
Sponsored