First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, I ordered a base 7-speed 2dr Bronco through work back in September 2021. I really wanted AMB. A month or so later, they balanced out, and I got bumped to a MY22. I changed the color to Eruption Green, and kept the aux switches, block heater, and keyless pad just to see if they could slap it together, slap it on the ass, and shove it out the door.

Just like y'all, I've waited and waited, and waited without so much as a whisper.

Yesterday, I confirmed that my build was still unscheduled and clean. So I made a change.

After thinking about it for about 5 minutes this morning, I bumped up to a 4dr Black Diamond. I was even going to resign myself to a soft top, but literally everybody I talked to at work: a manager, a couple of techs, and the head of the detail bay warned me against it, so I remained with a MIC. Went with the Mid Package. Got the hoop step for my short girlfriend and the keyless pad.

The BD will replace my 2019 Silverado and 2018 Ecosport. It can fill the gap of the Silverado, and I can rock either my Aveo or old Range Rover.

I wonder how much longer I'll have to wait now. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Last edited:

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You did right IMO. The Black Diamond is a great value and MUCH nicer than the base imo.

Now if if you would only add the Sasquatch package, that is where the fun really starts. Haha

OP
OP
Tornado_735

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The MGV seating alone is worth the upgrade to BD.
So I've read; I almost changed to a Big Bend, but the price difference between the builds was only $1600.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MGV seating alone is worth the upgrade to BD.
I agree and will add the washout floors and drain plugs really are fun features.

Sponsored

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a 4dr EG BD mid SAS owner, you did the right thing. Like others have said the MGV alone is worth the step up.

OP
OP
Tornado_735

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree and will add the washout floors and drain plugs really are fun features.
I live where I can either be in sand or sloppy mud within an hour of one another, so that'll be handy.

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought you were about to tell us you switched to black diamond and got a vin shortly after. I originally wanted a black diamond Sasquatch but ended up going base Sasquatch. Maybe I can switch my order and act dumb to my wife when it gets delivered and ends up $10K higher.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought you were about to tell us you switched to black diamond and got a vin shortly after. I originally wanted a black diamond Sasquatch but ended up going base Sasquatch. Maybe I can switch my order and act dumb to my wife when it gets delivered and ends up $10K higher.
$45k or $55k is no biggie. Just put back a few dollars each month and by the time they build it in 2025, you will almost have it paid for.

OP
OP
Tornado_735

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, I'd been waffling back and forth about building an F150, but I just could not build one even remotely the way I wanted for less than $55k and I just didn't want to spend that much.

Sponsored

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$45k or $55k is no biggie. Just put back a few dollars each month and by the time they build it in 2025, you will almost have it paid for.
I’m actually doing that right now hoping to have a good down payment. I told myself 12-16 months of saving would work and then I’d maybe see my bronco. Maybe I can tell her the dealer hit me with $10k ADM.

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I'd been waffling back and forth about building an F150, but I just could not build one even remotely the way I wanted for less than $55k and I just didn't want to spend that much.
Crazy how expensive f150s can get. My father in law just got a fully loaded platinum f150 for his company car and it’s soooo nice. We’re just not at the stage in life where we can have a 50-60k car. It’d be nice but we’ve got other priorities right now. The base bronco fits my needs and works with our budget.

OP
OP
Tornado_735

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Crazy how expensive f150s can get. My father in law just got a fully loaded platinum f150 for his company car and it’s soooo nice. We’re just not at the stage in life where we can have a 50-60k car. It’d be nice but we’ve got other priorities right now. The base bronco fits my needs and works with our budget.
I can definitely understand.

If you ordered a base and want the interior handle, I'll sell you one cheap. I bought it in anticipation for my base model. LOL

OP
OP
Tornado_735

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had ordered it with the tow package originally, but had to removed yesterday. Don't expect it to help, but figure it would probably be more of a hindrance.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I priced the both out, and a my Base Sasquatch came in less than a non-sasquatch BD, no way would I give up the Sasquatch package for wash-outs. Add the Sasquatch to the BD, and I'm paying $6K for the wash-outs. I could do so much more with $6k then seats and a floor mat.
Sponsored