Sponsored

So I test drove an Explorer ST today which has the 3.0L twin turbo rated at 400HP with 415lb-ft ... WOW!

KSErules

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 2020 st. A tune and intercooler has me running 12.0 without a great run. The explorer has an 11 second pass in it somewhere. Ecoboost is amazing
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not as fast, but cheaper to fix? Lol
My dumb ol' V8's will NEVER eat a turbo.

My dumb ol' steering wheel mower will NEVER eat a drive motor (the zero turn at work is really weak on one side and wants to just go in circles)

I would like a baby zilla in my Warthog please.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i would definitely expect this motor for the warthog, i do think they will "massage" it some to get near the 392 rubicon output. i dont think it will need the extra power but seems like most people just look out hp numbers and nothing else

roxbury29

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/JK 4dr. Wrangler/Flex/Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been trying for months to talk my wife into a FlexBoost and cannot get her to budge. Would be a hell of a lot more fun than my Pilot, and every bit as family capable, if not more. Sigh...
^
Traded my 17 explorer sport for a 19,flex 3.5 eco AWD. Wife hates how it looks but it does move along well. at the time couldn't get a good deal on the newer ST explorer's. I might tune it. Just tuned my 2014 f150 and wow it made a Huge difference.

We still needed a 3 row for another year or 2, and always been a Ford family and Mazda's. I did test drive the ST 2020 new explorer and the 3.0 was really quick. Just wish they kept the Sport. The ST pricing shot up quite a bit

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2020 Explorer STs are currently close to 9k off right now if you can find one.

^
Traded my 17 explorer sport for a 19,flex 3.5 eco AWD. Wife hates how it looks but it does move along well. at the time couldn't get a good deal on the newer ST explorer's. I might tune it. Just tuned my 2014 f150 and wow it made a Huge difference.

We still needed a 3 row for another year or 2, and always been a Ford family and Mazda's. I did test drive the ST 2020 new explorer and the 3.0 was really quick. Just wish they kept the Sport. The ST pricing shot up quite a bit
Sponsored