Sponsored

so i was bored and started surfing the jl wrangler forums...

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
Fordboi

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's not make this an us vs. Them
Enough of that in our country already lol
it's us vs certain users... kidding...
"Actually my point was that the Bronco does not look unique. Its basic styling doesn't stand out. The newness will be a draw, but that doesn't stand the test of time. It is not an iconic look. Is it retro? Somewhat, but its gene pool is a line of vehicles that didn't particularly stand out, either. Remember, the Bronco was a shameless copy (Ford admitted that when they first made it) of the International Scout, so it can't even claim to be an original, although the marketing folks will do their darndest to make us think so."
if i had an account there i would totally ask this guy to give me 3 reasons the bronco won't stand out...

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ouch! Major Stockholm syndrome going on over there. One guy who recognizes that the Bronco will be good for future Jeeps. The rest trying to figure out reasons why Jeep beats Bronco to justify their purchases.

IMO they are two sides of the same coin. Jeeps have an advantage in some scenarios where Broncos will be better for others.

Broncos taking away sales from Jeep will force FCA to really make the next Wrangler awesome. Which will be a good thing for everyone, us included.

OP
OP
Fordboi

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ouch! Major Stockholm syndrome going on over there. One guy who recognizes that the Bronco will be good for future Jeeps. The rest trying to figure out reasons why Jeep beats Bronco to justify their purchases.

IMO they are two sides of the same coin. Jeeps have an advantage in some scenarios where Broncos will be better for others.

Broncos taking away sales from Jeep will force FCA to really make the next Wrangler awesome. Which will be a good thing for everyone, us included.
yeah most of the guys over there are recognizing that competition is good for everyone. the rest are just saying that jeep is being copied by bronco and that the wind noise will drive them crazy with the top off :unsure: :unsure:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well the flip side of those same comments are here and include a lot that are just "italian car suxs, ford is number #1..."

Pretty big turn-off for people like me that have no religious affiliation with a mass-market car company that see it as finally having two legitimate choices in this category. Wranglers are great and sell huge #'s for a reason and I am hoping the Bronco will also be awesome and also sell huge #'s so it might entice GM to get back in and Toyota to try harder so we can stop having a sea of bland crossovers uglifying our roads.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is the best thing to happen to Jeep buyers in a long time. Not good for FCA...but good for their buyers who will see a much better product at better price points now that they have a competitor. They haven’t had a real one in a very long tome and got lazy and picked prices up. Those days are over and Wrangler fans should be jumping for joy. If Bronco takes off...even better for them.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
LMAOOOO THIS HAD ME DYING!!!!! THIS DUDE SAID MINI COOPER LMAO
Ford Bronco so i was bored and started surfing the jl wrangler forums... Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.31.33 PM
I think he was referring to the Sport. Being a former mini owner (one my wife drove and one I had for the track) the guy has no idea what he is talking about. LMAO too!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like jeeps and Broncos. I hope that the Bronco is wildly successful and 10 years from now it’s a straight up arms race between Jeep and Ford. Jeep offering Dana 60’s and 40’s from the factory, Ford having a full on ultra4-style IFS setup, powertrains galore, tons of tricks and cool features. That’s the future I want personally.

Tons of jeep owners are the same. Some are lame as hell like these guys though. If nothing else the Bronco powertrain and trim options absolutely demolish Jeep, I’m sure they’re going to be forced into offering their own “Sasquatch” option across the Wrangler lineup. And make the rubicon a bit more special.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not a fan of FCA but as a general gear head I like something done well. Sure on a Jeep site I would expect harsher critiques of Ford just like you would expect to see the opposite here.

Like what has been said many times on this forum. The competition will make both better just like the modern muscle car era that has been growing and moving bigger and bigger since circa 1987 and insane now. Lets hope the Wrangler and Bronco gets as bad ass.

We have cars that can be comfortably and reliably be driven every day across country and run in the 1/4 in 10's either right off the showroom floor or with VERY little work sometimes without even touching the motor. Imagine that in the 4x4 world....

Today Rubicon is cool to see being tackled by factory production 4x4's and completing.
Dare I dream that in 10-15yrs Jeep and Bronco have a factory class in the KOH that is the current routes used today...how badass would that be.
Sponsored