Sponsored

So, if I don't convert my reservations, what should I get?

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I posted in the big Levine thread, I don't *need* a new vehicle. BUT, I would like to have something smaller than my wife's CVN-sized F-150 SCrew for more convenience when running around town.

I'd like to have utility along the lines of the Bronco's interior storage with the seats down. No need for carrying 4x8 sheets or towing -- the F-150 Screw ain't goin' anywhere any time soon.

No need for a sports car, as I already have a C7 Z06, and if I'm well behaved I can drive my wife's Mustang convertible :).

Not looking for another vehicle as big as a full-size pickup.

My machinations so far:

Jeep is out -- it's an FCA product.

Land Rover Defender is out -- I really like the new Defender, but early returns are showing that severe reliability issues still plague the brand.

Colorado is getting long in the tooth. It is still a couple years away from a redo, and I would not want to buy the current version, as it's pretty weak relative to its segment contenders.

Ranger is out, both because it also is about to be put on a stronger chassis and get other upgrades soon, and ... well ... Ford's recent abysmal performance with the Bronco.

Tacoma will soon be updated to the same platform as next year's replacement for the now-ancient Tundra, and while super reliable, currently they have uninspired interiors and performance (the Tundra's gas 5.7L is powerful, but it's mpg is lousy; it's just old and hence lacking up-to-date technology and efficiency). I'm also concerned that the Tacoma will be following the industry trend to ever-bigger pickups.

Nissan makes a good enough truck, but Nissan corporate and Renault are currently having huge structural problems, and I'm not willing to place my bets on a weak and potentially (although unlikely) imploding company.

Not interested in Subarus.

What are your suggestions for non-sedan, easy-to-manuever-in-town vehicles with sufficient interior utility for things like comfortable car camping?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reactions: RG7

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly the only other vehicle that interests me in this category is the Rivian but that is going to be an equally as long as the Bronco. If it didn't have to be brand new there are still some nice TRD FJ cruisers around.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How about the Explorer ST? Looks like fun and pretty peppy with that engine, plenty enough room I think. That trim does not look soccer-momish.

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmmm, I know the OP said no Subarus, but let's think outside the box... Have you considered the 6spd manual Crosstrek? I know it is a Subaru, but the manual transmission is rather solid.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well you're in luck!
Looks like the Fiat-Peugeot merger cleared it's last hurdle, so Jeep would soon be a Stellantis product. Combining the best of Italian & French engineering and design!

Yeah, you're right... Jeep is out.

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep - and therein lies the problem.
You and me both! Today I really want to like something else just as much, but it's not working.