dawgvet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Longtime listener, first time caller.
So I have been watching and wanting to order my dream Bronco since they were announced but just recently was
able to test drive something similar to what I would want and liked it a lot.
My setup would be a soft top 4dr Badlands Squatch 2.7 high package in Cyber Orange.

What would be a realistic time frame if I ordered one now? Should I search out a big dealer to get a better shot at allocation? Sorry but I’m a newbie at all the ordering shenanigans.

Thanks in Advance,
Jed
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn't tell you for sure on dealer size, but larger dealers that push more volume should have a better chance of getting you an allocation. High Package hasn't been one of the bigger constraints (if it ever was a constraint) so you should be fine there, but the 2.7L seems to be hit or miss.

With all of the other orders already in and waiting, I would say you are at least a year out. If you aren't super picky on options it might be better to look around and see if you can find one on a lot with no ADM.

Personally, I reserved July 15 and ordered in time for the first batch (Jan 20) and am in too deep to give up exactly what I want. I am too stubborn. I also don't expect to get mine until summer 2022 if I am lucky. Too many constraints.

It's all luck of the draw.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For what it’s worth when I was trying to determine where to place my order last month I talked to multiple dealers. Two of the larger dealers in my area told me not to order one, and to just buy one off the lot. Both thought I would be able to buy one at MSRP off the lot by late spring or summer 2022.

When the second one told me this I inquired further why he thought that. He said they already had a 6-8 people not take delivery of their orders (I didn’t get into the reason’s why). The first couple of broncos had multiple people willing to pay $20k plus over MSRP. The last couple there was not nearly as much interest and they sold between $5-10k over MSRP. He thought they’d pretty quickly run out of people willing to pay big markups and the broncos they do get would sell closer to msrp.

I still placed an order, because I’m not sure it will turn out how this dealer was saying, and if it does, then great maybe I’ll buy off the lot and cancel my order.

One thing is for certain, I don’t think anyone knows what will happen for sure.

Bftx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m in the same boat. I placed an order on a Base 4 door soft top, with absolutely no options today. Hoping my minimalist build jumps over some of the highly speced builds.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just do it. It will be further out the more you delay. Can't lose anything by ordering. Get in, the water is fine!
:D(y)

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're probably looking at a '24 model year at the rate they are going. You will probably have a better chance getting one off the lot before then. Many people are abandoning the orders because of the dealer mark up's and most needed a new car yesterday and couldn't wait any longer. I'm still waiting on my 2 door that's been "in production " on dirt mountain since 7/1 to put the wait into perspective.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Theoretically, if Ford had their ducks in a row, they could fill all current Bronco orders in about 8 months.

The ducks though, do not wish to line up so well.

All evidence is that they can still build Soft Top orders at higher volume than actual orders, so a new Softie order will definitely be faster than a hard top.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn't tell you for sure on dealer size, but larger dealers that push more volume should have a better chance of getting you an allocation. High Package hasn't been one of the bigger constraints (if it ever was a constraint) so you should be fine there, but the 2.7L seems to be hit or miss.

With all of the other orders already in and waiting, I would say you are at least a year out. If you aren't super picky on options it might be better to look around and see if you can find one on a lot with no ADM.

Personally, I reserved July 15 and ordered in time for the first batch (Jan 20) and am in too deep to give up exactly what I want. I am too stubborn. I also don't expect to get mine until summer 2022 if I am lucky. Too many constraints.

It's all luck of the draw.
Philly - Our builds are close. I ordered 7-13-20 got my build week (12-13-21) at the last scheduling. I have VB and no roof rack. I think you should hear about a Jan\Feb build in the next 4-6 weeks. Just my gut.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Philly - Our builds are close. I ordered 7-13-20 got my build week (12-13-21) at the last scheduling. I have VB and no roof rack. I think you should hear about a Jan\Feb build in the next 4-6 weeks. Just my gut.
I hope so!! Unfortunately, I think being a 7/15 reservation puts me pretty far down the chain from 7/13.

All good though. Bought a new taco to hold me over because it was significantly less expensive than used ones and it still lets me get on the trails.(y)
Sponsored