Sponsored

So if you have a trade-in... Maybe 6 months from order to delivery!

Broncokat

Black Diamond
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 trail boss Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would sell 30-45 days online prior to arrival of Bronc.
If it sells fast, rent a car until Bronc arrives..
still more in the end than what a dealer would give you, imo.
Although here in Cali you pay taxes on the new car sell price, not after trade-in or rebates like some other states.
They really stick it up our a** here for everything.
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an H3, paid off, third vehicle (play toy)...You will get screwed no matter what....i’m willing to take the hit for it. I can sell it now privately and make more but if end up walking away from the bronco i don’t want to lose a third vehicle that’s paid off..

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Already sold my car last month for what I bought it for 2 years ago, now just saving up and the longer I have to wait for delivery the better.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Too many alternatives nowadays. Carvana, KBB, Vroom... Interwebz is your friend. Since it'll be 6 months between ordering and delivery, I will explore all options...

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on using Carmax/carvana/vroom, I know they will give me more than a dealer and I also know the dealer won’t say “your bronco arrived get here tomorrow or I’m selling it” I’ll have a day or two to price it out (ideally if I do carvana it’ll be set up by then but you know what I mean).

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am trading in my 2020 Subaru Crosstrek and the late arrival of the Bronco is going to cost me probably 1-2 thousand. I need the car so will not sell it sooner. That's life I guess. No way I can see a dealer committing to a trade-in price at time of order. That's the one big disadvantage with ordering a new model. Big demand and we are going to the trouble to special order a Bronco so the dealer sure has the advantage in theory. Not like we can walk, and buy the same vehicle off the lot someplace else cheaper. We can still walk away if the dealer is a total jerk, but then we won't have a Bronco for probably another year. I am sure that Jeep dealers will be more than happy to give us a great deal though! Nothing would make Jeep happier than to sell a Jeep to an unhappy Bronco customer. But if my Ford dealer tried to pull some last minute stuff then I would be a jeep owner no doubt. So far they have been reasonable, but I won't know for sure until my Bronco arrives and the trade-in gets negotiated and I have to watch out for stealth BS charges.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan on using Carmax/carvana/vroom, I know they will give me more than a dealer and I also know the dealer won’t say “your bronco arrived get here tomorrow or I’m selling it” I’ll have a day or two to price it out (ideally if I do carvana it’ll be set up by then but you know what I mean).
Then you chose the wrong dealer. Pretty sure Ford will go ballistic (think allocation) If they have year long reservation holders complaining about not getting their order converted Broncos...

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then you chose the wrong dealer. Pretty sure Ford will go ballistic (think allocation) If they have year long reservation holders complaining about not getting their order converted Broncos...
I’m going to Diehl who you recommended and they’ve been great used it more as an example than anything ?

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we sell outright within a certain time frame, I think a month, then we get to deduct that price from the sales tax of the new vehicle. In AR there is no tax advantage for trade in vs selling yourself within that time frame.
You beat me to it. Just bring the bill of sale for the used car you sold with you to the DMV when you go to pay your TTL. At least in AR. Maybe different in other states. But probably worth checking into if you’re considering a private sale.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m going to Diehl who you recommended and they’ve been great used it more as an example than anything ?
Small dealer in the middle of nowhere Appalachia It would behoove you to look into other options. If you're in Maryland, the 6% sales tax difference between trade in and purchase price is also in play. But I can be mercenary when it comes to money...

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes you get your value at time of trade-in, not at placing of order.
You should use a site like Carvana to sell your car. I had an Acadia and they gave me cash for it in 2 days. It was about $3,000 over KBB price and hey didn’t even see the car in person. The process worked out great and I was able to save money for a down payment for the Bronco.
Sponsored