Sponsored

So i'm really on the fence on buying one now with my reservation or waiting until i can actually sit in one first.

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm really on the fence about buying this with my 1st night reservation without ever sitting in one at least. Also i'm considering selling my "72" that was ordered by my father when i was 4 and given to me at 16. I have kept it in a warehouse since i quit driving it in the 90's. Anyone have any advice?
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only decent thing to do is cancel your reservation and donate the '72 to charity.

I'll be happy to forward the info on my brand new 501(c). I'll take really good care of it.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep the '72 and get a new one. You only live once.
Given the choice, if it is one for you, get the '72 restored, updated and drive it. But I'm old and sentimental...

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I'm really on the fence about buying this with my 1st night reservation without ever sitting in one at least. Also i'm considering selling my "72" that was ordered by my father when i was 4 and given to me at 16. I have kept it in a warehouse since i quit driving it in the 90's. Anyone have any advice?
Please, dont sell your ‘72. You will regret that forever. Every old Mustang I sold that I owned I miss and wish I had back. My ‘68 GT 390 is gone forever and the prices have gone so high I cant buy another. Thats a pile of regret right there.

OP
OP
Bickertjr

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the input. I think restoring my 72 to my desires now would cost as much as the 4 door badlands i have reserved.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone else have the problem that everytime i go on the b&p i add more options so the price keep going up?
I don't. Going base, so not many options for me. On a budget. Something I want, not something I need. Won't live long enough to have it appreciate after year 1, after which they all will comparatively drop like a rock. If I had a '72 in my back pocket, I would have no question as to what I'd do...

Sponsored

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the input. I think restoring my 72 to my desires now would cost as much as the 4 door badlands i have reserved.
A fully-restored 72 would be valued around the same or more than your 21 Badlands, but would be worth even more to you given its history. Many years from now, you could be the cool old guy at the car show with 1972 and 2021 Broncos. Might be a nice retirement hobby.

OP
OP
Bickertjr

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A fully-restored 72 would be valued around the same or more than your 21 Badlands, but would be worth even more to you given its history. Many years from now, you could be the cool old guy at the car show with 1972 and 2021 Broncos. Might be a nice retirement hobby.
That sounds good if they had a true green color with white top

Max1h

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-150, 1968 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I SAY RESTOR IT! its a fun project :)

OP
OP
Bickertjr

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe i should wait for a "22". They could have green by then and i'd have 2 50 years apart. Btw fyi my dad ordered mine , it took 6 weeks and was $4200 out the door. 302, dana 44. ???

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd have trouble selling a car my father bought brand new, let alone a 72 Bronco. Keep it, depending on it's condition either get it running/driving and enjoy or go all out on a full resto to bone stock exactly how your father ordered it.
Sponsored