Sponsored

So i'm really on the fence on buying one now with my reservation or waiting until i can actually sit in one first.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My prediction ... you will never drive your old bronco again once you drive the new one.

OP
OP
Bickertjr

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep the '72 and get a new one. You only live once.
So an update.. I have my 72 going into the shop Monday to get back running with new fuel tanks and lines and new power 4 wheel disks. Then off to another shop for the new 3 1/2" high travel with bilstein shocks lift and new full cage and rear bumper with swing out spare carrier. Just need to pick front bumper and new seats next along with rims and 35" tires. Will leave outside original for at least now.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice... you decided to keep it then? Did you ever put a price on it?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So an update.. I have my 72 going into the shop Monday to get back running with new fuel tanks and lines and new power 4 wheel disks. Then off to another shop for the new 3 1/2" high travel with bilstein shocks lift and new full cage and rear bumper with swing out spare carrier. Just need to pick front bumper and new seats next along with rims and 35" tires. Will leave outside original for at least now.
So, you’re going the restomod route? What about the engine?

Sponsored

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once the new Bronco hits the streets, I bet interest and demand for the classics will increase. Glad to hear you decided to give some love to your '72.

OP
OP
Bickertjr

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A fully-restored 72 would be valued around the same or more than your 21 Badlands, but would be worth even more to you given its history. Many years from now, you could be the cool old guy at the car show with 1972 and 2021 Broncos. Might be a nice retirement hobby.
Just washed the 72 up to go in the shop tomorrow for many upgrades.

OP
OP
Bickertjr

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, you’re going the restomod route? What about the engine?
My engine was done up by me and some friends back in the 80's. Only has 10,000 miles on it and way more power than stock so we will see if it's still good .

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These are worth a fortune now. But if my dad gave me one, I would never sell it. Pass it down to your kids or Niece or nephew. Nice truck, keep it. Seriously.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once the new Bronco hits the streets, I bet interest and demand for the classics will increase. Glad to hear you decided to give some love to your '72.
They have been red hot for a while. Hope you are right though. Even the really ugly ones are fetching $12-$15k. The chart below emulates a similar one that I recently saw for auction prices.

Ford Bronco So i'm really on the fence on buying one now with my reservation or waiting until i can actually sit in one first. Bronco values.JPG

Source Hagerty Valuation Tool. Concours, Excellent, Good, and Fair conditions.

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I re built the motor at 18, re built the 3 speed and transfer case, brakes, then put 10,000 miles on it over 8 years and parked it. Work, marriage and kids.
Do not sell that vehicle.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm really on the fence about buying this with my 1st night reservation without ever sitting in one at least. Also i'm considering selling my "72" that was ordered by my father when i was 4 and given to me at 16. I have kept it in a warehouse since i quit driving it in the 90's. Anyone have any advice?
start Driving the 72’ here and there ...get it up to speed for when you get your new Bronco comes for a nice side by side photo. When you get your 2021, if you don’t like it put it on the market...it will sell in a day, probably make a couple bucks and make another person happy they are getting a 2021 Bronco.....but you are going to like it..I sat in one Friday ..incredible.
Sponsored