Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Saw this and thought it was pretty interesting. Wonder how long ago they decided to add the "mojave" editions?
Ford Bronco So Jeep is paying attention... 20200205_221101
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting. They've done a 'desert' version of their vehicles before in the Renegade Deserthawk a couple years back, but it basically amounted to a trailhawk with different stickers. I also saw some reports (like this one) they were also intending to release a Cherokee Deserthawk in 2020 but haven't seen any indication on what the specs will actually be.

I'll be interested to see what other models get this new Mojave trim. Looks like a much more comprehensive package. Some more details here:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2020-jeep-gladiator-mojave-desert-rated/
-Fox shocks
-Hydraulic jounce bump stops
-1" front suspension lift
-Rear locker able to be active in 4H unlike other jeeps
-2.73 low range instead of the 4:1
-Different drive mode tuning

OP
OP
Randy92Fox

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A cherokee "deserthawk" with a hellcat powertrain would be pretty awesome. Really wish they would throw a V8 at the Wrangler & Gladiator.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Very cool offering from Jeep IMO. It seems very well equipped to handle desert terrain.
The highlights for me are more towing than a ZR2, a low range transfercase that does not have the 4:1 rock crawling ratio, and a rear locker that can be used in high range.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
like the package. The proportions on the gladiator are still so wrong to me lol

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not really related to this thread but one thing Ford needs to make sure is that the Bronco looks good at night. Saw a Rubicon with LED's last night driving home going the opposite way, and was struck by just how damn cool it looks. Similar to this but the picture doesn't do it justice.... those fender lights just look badass. Hopefully the Bronco inner lights are bright enough to look cool

Ford Bronco So Jeep is paying attention... maxresdefault

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not really related to this thread but one thing Ford needs to make sure is that the Bronco looks good at night. Saw a Rubicon with LED's last night driving home going the opposite way, and was struck by just how damn cool it looks. Similar to this but the picture doesn't do it justice.... those fender lights just look badass. Hopefully the Bronco inner lights are bright enough to look cool

Ford Bronco So Jeep is paying attention... maxresdefault
I agree that the JL / JT with LED package looks awesome at night!

Unfortunately, some buyers have reported serious problems with the LED headlights in the snow. They don't generate any significant heat, so snow and ice packs up in front of the headlights, since they are recessed into the grill. This can lead to almost zero forward light throw in the snow.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree that the JL / JT with LED package looks awesome at night!

Unfortunately, some buyers have reported serious problems with the LED headlights in the snow. They don't generate any significant heat, so snow and ice packs up in front of the headlights, since they are recessed into the grill. This can lead to almost zero forward light throw in the snow.
*VOLVO HAS ENTERED THE CHAT*

98971F9C-7F65-46AB-9334-499CC6637E83.jpeg

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco So Jeep is paying attention... 98971F9C-7F65-46AB-9334-499CC6637E83
AGREED This alone was reason enough to make the LED package a MUST if I was ever going to buy a Jeep. I'm firmly in the Bronco camp now haha

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They need an IFS set up to compete in desert running...... suckers.
:devil::punch:

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been using $120 Chinese LED headlights on my 2015 JK Rubicon Wrangler. They're 100x better than the stock headlights, and I really like them. In wet snow though, you get about zero headlights in less than two miles of driving. If I lived where it snowed often, I would look for stick on heating elements, or pumping warm air into the filtered breathing holes of these LED headlights. If that didn't work, I guess I'd be getting the JW Speaker or other super expensive LED lights.

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A cherokee "deserthawk" with a hellcat powertrain would be pretty awesome. Really wish they would throw a V8 at the Wrangler.
Like the 392 in the Durango SRT
Sponsored