Sponsored

So Kansas f150 is shut down and Dearborn is on limited builds with chip shortage?

Biigiy214

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many Broncos do you think will get built?Not many in my eyes Fords biggest money maker is the F150 and when an entire plant is shutdown until May 12 and the other is on limited builds do you think the Broncos are going to get built?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Biigiy214

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not rumor on the news here in Detroit.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I think Broncos will get built.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heard Sharonville is shutting due to chip shortage. I havenā€™t confirmed when and how long.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is sad that Ford and other auto makers are in this situation.
I am sure that global demand is high and competitive.
I cannot help but think things may not be as bad if we had more onshore production but that is an entirely different conversation that encompasses a host of products.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How many Broncos do you think will get built?Not many in my eyes Fords biggest money maker is the F150 and when an entire plant is shutdown until May 12 and the other is on limited builds do you think the Broncos are going to get built?
You don't think the Bronco is amoney maker. There's probably a huge profit on these things

Sponsored

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Ford plant I work at is the #1 money maker for Ford and we are about to go on a 2 week forced shut down. We make the Super Dutyā€™s, Lincoln Navigator and Ford Expedition which accounts for 52% of Fordā€™s profits. Every plant will be idled sometime or another.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't think the Bronco is amoney maker. There's probably a huge profit on these things
Not to mention the Broncos are practically already sold vs F-150s that will spend at least a little time waiting for a buyer on a lot. It would make sense to bias supplies to what you know is sold.

And I use practically sold only because there is a chance a buyer will back out, but most will follow through and those that don't will be scooped up fast.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to mention the Broncos are practically already sold vs F-150s that will spend at least a little time waiting for a buyer on a lot. It would make sense to bias supplies to what you know is sold.

And I use practically sold only because there is a chance a buyer will back out, but most will follow through and those that don't will be scooped up fast.
But there has to be a ton of fleet orders for F150s... just think of how many industries, governments, and businesses rely on pickup trucks? I suspect that volume dwarfs the consumer interest in Broncos, but Iā€™m no expert.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But there has to be a ton of fleet orders for F150s... just think of how many industries, governments, and businesses rely on pickup trucks? I suspect that volume dwarfs the consumer interest in Broncos, but Iā€™m no expert.
We'll see how it shakes out.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gets back to the margins question. I doubt a fleet 150 could match an MSRP Bronco. Volume is no comparison as you mention. Fleets might even be able to handle a delay better since most new trucks are replacing those aging. They simply use the older vehicle a little longer. The competition is in the same boat, so there is likely not a huge potential for defection. It's an interesting situation for sure.
Sponsored