Sponsored

So Kansas f150 is shut down and Dearborn is on limited builds with chip shortage?

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is no question that offshoring creates vulnerability in the manufacturing sector. Economic warfare is a very powerful tool and a direct threat to national security.
That aside, I want my bronco.
I got nothing intelligent to add on the chip shortage, but that ā€˜69 Chevy in your avatar is sweet. My father had one and we used it to pull a small travel trailer all over the place. Burned clutches like a SOB. I want my Bronco too.

Bob

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Charts like this are really just a simple ad hominem attack; they are dressed up with claims of neutral but complex methodology, but they are generally only used as a weapon by people attempting to disprove a specific factual claim by attacking the source, not engaging on the claim.

Sadly this leads to no discourse on the claim itself.

We would presumably all agree that it would suck for American vehicle production if part of the semi-conductor shortage were due to a ā€œhoardingā€ practice by another nation state, but we would probably also love it if the U.S. had ā€œhoardedā€, so letā€™s all be for more domestic production!

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like the F150 is bread and butter, but the Bronco is a brand new vehicle at the assembly plant. Iā€™m sure they are still tweaking the process and the workers are still getting used to the process. I wouldnā€™t think Ford would want to open and close MAP during this phase. Of course they may be forced to and Iā€™ve heard on the forum that there is a rumor of closing for two weeks at the end of May.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco's slower transition from MP2 speed (5/3) to full speed (August) is partly due to the chip shortage. Unless there is a drastic change in expected availability, I don't expect the current ramp up to be impacted.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Last edited:

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This situation would absolutely NOT be this bad if our government wasn't encouraging corporations to ship our jobs overseas. It should be stated for the record that when Trump was President, Ford cancelled a factory they were building in Mexico... and as soon as Biden came to power, announced they were moving production back to Mexico again.

Chinese Companies Stockpile Chips for Autos, Exacerbating Global Chip Shortage

https://www.theepochtimes.com/chine...xacerbating-global-chip-shortage_3774860.html
I completely agree with your analysis of the situation.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is sad that Ford and other auto makers are in this situation.
I am sure that global demand is high and competitive.
I cannot help but think things may not be as bad if we had more onshore production but that is an entirely different conversation that encompasses a host of products.
I know this doesn't help things at the moment, but we are starting to see chip manufacturing really take hold in the US. Texas, Arizona.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/w...maker-tsmc-invest-100b-grow-capacity-76806792

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know the Samsung plant in Austin, Tx was shut down from winter storm damage, but they started production back up at the very end of March, so their shortage was at least only temporary.
Sponsored