Sponsored

So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails?

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is about stopping rocks from ruining the paint, not so much mud on the side of the Bronco. The rocks hitting the side of the vehicle are unbelievable!

So I bought the Ford oem mud flaps, OEM M2DZ-16A550-AA, which say they won't work with rock rails. My plan was to cut the fender or the rock rail to make them fit. The problem is that if I do that, they still don't fit the wider Sasquatch fenders and If I saw them to kind of work, will look like crap. The only option I see at this point is to cut the rock rail, which I didn't want to do, and make one of the flat generic ones work with drilling and modification for mounting. Also not a great idea on a brand new vehicle. The gator mudflaps which I'm told will fit for <$400, look like shit. They look like something made from spare parts and cobbled together....

Has anybody come up with a good professional looking mudflap for application on Sasquatch package with rock rails?
Thanks
Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@badclam
Please watch for something soon from Mark (@Biltwild). I've seen a mock-up that really looks promising.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't say which company, but I've been giving out my Bronco for test fittings and scans, and there will be some really nice accessories coming shortly - including mudflaps for those of us with rock sliders.

Hang tight and I think they'll make an announcement soon!

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is about stopping rocks from ruining the paint, not so much mud on the side of the Bronco. The rocks hitting the side of the vehicle are unbelievable!

So I bought the Ford oem mud flaps, OEM M2DZ-16A550-AA, which say they won't work with rock rails. My plan was to cut the fender or the rock rail to make them fit. The problem is that if I do that, they still don't fit the wider Sasquatch fenders and If I saw them to kind of work, will look like crap. The only option I see at this point is to cut the rock rail, which I didn't want to do, and make one of the flat generic ones work with drilling and modification for mounting. Also not a great idea on a brand new vehicle. The gator mudflaps which I'm told will fit for <$400, look like shit. They look like something made from spare parts and cobbled together....

Has anybody come up with a good professional looking mudflap for application on Sasquatch package with rock rails?
Thanks
Gatorback has a set specifically designed for the rock rails. https://www.truckhardware.ca/products/1133?variant=11929

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the gatorback ones from sharptruck.com, non Ford branded with Bronco stuff, cheaper but still pricy.
Hope to put them on this week, was getting tired of hearing rocks fly, if something nicer comes along eventually I can always switch. Only bought them for the front.
They are very well made, super solid, and I like that you can slide out the long bottom part for off road in rocky areas, just a clip and they slide right out.

Good to hear that more are in development! Seems such a simple thing to design, I'm surprised we don't already have several options. Just got tired of waiting and once Gatorback could sell them w/o Bronco on them I ordered them.

Oh, and while I've only test fitted them, they seem to fit just fine, but I'll find out exactly once I start to actually mount them. Watching the install video also indicates that they fit just fine.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm curious if they really fit. My parts guy won't order them for me because they don't actually fit.
Fit perfectly. Many examples in other threads. No one has had any issues that I'm aware of and many on here have installed them with the rails. You just have to get the set like above that is designed for the rock rail. (It has the cut out in it as pictured)

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think you missed the OPs original statement about Gatorbacks. Same reason everyone else is waiting for someone else to make them.
He wanted an option!!! Beats the hell out of rock chipping the sides of a $50k or more Bronco. I'm pleased with mine. And no one else has designed it for the lower half to be removed when needed. But hey, just keep wtg!

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fit perfectly. Many examples in other threads. No one has had any issues that I'm aware of and many on here have installed them with the rails. You just have to get the set like above that is designed for the rock rail. (It has the cut out in it as pictured)
Yeah. If I didn't want to buy them with Ford points, I would've just ordered them by now. I can't say my parts guy is the best. Good to get further confirmation they fit. My poor Badlands is getting rock chips like crazy.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah. If I didn't want to buy them with Ford points, I would've just ordered them by now. I can't say my parts guy is the best. Good to get further confirmation they fit. My poor Badlands is getting rock chips like crazy.
Try Levittown parts. Priced well and should be able to use your points. I've gotten many things through them that my local parts department either didn't know about or acted like it was a big deal for them to try to get them.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a BaseSquatch so my question is, is there a set of mudflaps for the Sasquatch package WITHOUT rock rails or steps?

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a BaseSquatch so my question is, is there a set of mudflaps for the Sasquatch package WITHOUT rock rails or steps?
Gator back makes the same set but for no rock rails. Still really expensive.
Sponsored