Sponsored

So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is about stopping rocks from ruining the paint, not so much mud on the side of the Bronco. The rocks hitting the side of the vehicle are unbelievable!

So I bought the Ford oem mud flaps, OEM M2DZ-16A550-AA, which say they won't work with rock rails. My plan was to cut the fender or the rock rail to make them fit. The problem is that if I do that, they still don't fit the wider Sasquatch fenders and If I saw them to kind of work, will look like crap. The only option I see at this point is to cut the rock rail, which I didn't want to do, and make one of the flat generic ones work with drilling and modification for mounting. Also not a great idea on a brand new vehicle. The gator mudflaps which I'm told will fit for <$400, look like shit. They look like something made from spare parts and cobbled together....

Has anybody come up with a good professional looking mudflap for application on Sasquatch package with rock rails?
Thanks
I saw these in another post and didn't like the blue oval so I used some black plastic spray paint and black it out and tacked them on to 2 existing holes and 1 in the plastic fender and it came out looking great and working well so far. The idea was to get something cheap while I wait for the aftermarket to catch up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002NIJQC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ford Bronco So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails? 20220211_153805
Ford Bronco So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails? 20220211_153816

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check out my mod for my Wildtrak. The ford ones work great with a little trim and a bracket. They look rad, see last photo.

IMG_9276.jpg

IMG_9280.jpg

IMG_9273.jpg

IMG_9274.jpg

IMG_9272.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

IMG_9275.jpg

IMG_9550.jpg
These look great. I’m not sure they extend low enough to stop every rock. I just swapped out my generic mud flaps for larger and longer ones. I had a few chips show up 🤬

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks to all that replied. I had seen the DIY options before and am fine with cutting. My issue is that I will likely be flying to PA to pick mine up whenever it's built so I won't be able to fly with my Dremel tools, screwdrivers, drill, etc. Luckily by the time the Bronco is ready for pickup (2054?) there could be a few options available. Worst case scenario, I'll bring a big roll of wide painter's tape and cover the lower half of the doors while I drive south.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't like the look of the Gatorbacks, it will be interesting to see what you do like.

I was hesitant on any mudflaps, but after hearing many stories of rocks flying up, I decided on the Gatorbacks myself...I had a 1,400 mile drive home from the dealer and glad I had them on. I can't tell you how many times I had rocks flying into the mudflaps. I personally like the look of no flaps, but have no problem with them since they protect my paint. I could care less about dirt, mud, etc...but big rocks flying off of your tires onto your door is gonna happen...unless you change those GY Territory tires out.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to all that replied. I had seen the DIY options before and am fine with cutting. My issue is that I will likely be flying to PA to pick mine up whenever it's built so I won't be able to fly with my Dremel tools, screwdrivers, drill, etc. Luckily by the time the Bronco is ready for pickup (2054?) there could be a few options available. Worst case scenario, I'll bring a big roll of wide painter's tape and cover the lower half of the doors while I drive south.
I did this to my Raptor for the drive home from Albuquerque to Flagstaff…
Ford Bronco So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails? 8C978897-7A06-4552-B3A1-AFC31277FF1E
Ford Bronco So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails? 9450E3E3-A021-40E5-B4F3-26DABE784347

OP
OP
badclam

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Love the smartass that always chimes in, "It's an off road vehicle, go f**k it up". Thanks for the helpful advice. Wish I was cool as you ;-)

I live on the Pacific Ocean... Like I can hear it from my bedroom window. Brush damage is not a problem. Any rock chip that gets to steel will rust immediately. It will rust clear through the body in 2 or 3 years left unchecked. Here, we have to fix rock chips, scratches that get to steel ASAP. We also can't just drill holes in steel body parts for attachments either.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw these in another post and didn't like the blue oval so I used some black plastic spray paint and black it out and tacked them on to 2 existing holes and 1 in the plastic fender and it came out looking great and working well so far. The idea was to get something cheap while I wait for the aftermarket to catch up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002NIJQC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ford Bronco So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails? 9450E3E3-A021-40E5-B4F3-26DABE784347
These are the fiberglass reinforced flaps by Plasticolor that we have seen in so many other threads as well, they are very durable. Plasticolor has been in the mud flap business for over 40 years so they know how to make a quality product.
Sponsored