Sponsored

So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails?

OP
OP
badclam

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Check out my mod for my Wildtrak. The ford ones work great with a little trim and a bracket. They look rad, see last photo.

IMG_9276.jpg

IMG_9280.jpg

IMG_9273.jpg

IMG_9274.jpg

IMG_9272.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

IMG_9275.jpg

IMG_9550.jpg
This is the best looking option I've seen yet, except I'll have to cut a little off the end of my rock guards to make it work. Did you have to drill any steel parts in the wheel well? I might attempt this since I have the mud flaps you used sitting hear. I'd have to make the metal bracket out of stainless if I'm going to leave it on there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
badclam

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
These are the fiberglass reinforced flaps by Plasticolor that we have seen in so many other threads as well, they are very durable. Plasticolor has been in the mud flap business for over 40 years so they know how to make a quality product.
So did you use the existing holes for the inside inside 2 screws?

Marshhunt

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is about stopping rocks from ruining the paint, not so much mud on the side of the Bronco. The rocks hitting the side of the vehicle are unbelievable!

So I bought the Ford oem mud flaps, OEM M2DZ-16A550-AA, which say they won't work with rock rails. My plan was to cut the fender or the rock rail to make them fit. The problem is that if I do that, they still don't fit the wider Sasquatch fenders and If I saw them to kind of work, will look like crap. The only option I see at this point is to cut the rock rail, which I didn't want to do, and make one of the flat generic ones work with drilling and modification for mounting. Also not a great idea on a brand new vehicle. The gator mudflaps which I'm told will fit for <$400, look like shit. They look like something made from spare parts and cobbled together....

Has anybody come up with a good professional looking mudflap for application on Sasquatch package with rock rails?
Thanks
Do yourself a favor and swap the tires. I did and it's by far the best decision I have made to deal with rock damage. Absolutely no comparison once I went with KO2s

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the best looking option I've seen yet, except I'll have to cut a little off the end of my rock guards to make it work. Did you have to drill any steel parts in the wheel well? I might attempt this since I have the mud flaps you used sitting hear. I'd have to make the metal bracket out of stainless if I'm going to leave it on there.
No. i had to cut the flap a bit and make that bracket. DM me I'd be happy to help all the way. I used all stainless hardware.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So did you use the existing holes for the inside inside 2 screws?
I think you meant your question for OP? I have not installed anything yet, for the main reason I need a Bronco first. :rolleyes:

Sponsored
OP
OP
badclam

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh hey, thanks for more helpful advice! You have a great evening Squatch!

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
RokBlockz told me they are in the final stages of testing and should be dropping soon. They fit with the rock rails.
I caught them on the rear of the @LiteBrite Bronco in their latest video so they should be close! Love their product, Bronco will be something like the 8th vehicle I've installed them on. I wish they would let me test their products 😅

In the mean time, I did this for the whopping big cost of $24.

20220202_094230.jpg

OP
OP
badclam

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do yourself a favor and swap the tires. I did and it's by far the best decision I have made to deal with rock damage. Absolutely no comparison once I went with KO2s
I have Falken Wildpeak M/Ts going on Wednesday.

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I caught them on the rear of the @LiteBrite Bronco in their latest video so they should be close! Love their product, Bronco will be something like the 8th vehicle I've installed them on. I wish they would let me test their products 😅

In the mean time, I did this for the whopping big cost of $24.

Ford Bronco So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails? 20220202_094230
Funny you mention that, I just watched that video and noticed them on their Bronco. Hopefully soon.

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also used the plasticolor fiberglass reinforced "generic" flaps, though I chose the ones without the Ford logo. Very happy with how they came out. IMHO look *far* better than the gatorback ones and ran less than $50 with the extra hardware. For me, a good balance in looking decent, offering great protection, and not being ridiculously priced.

More details in my Wildtrak build thread, but here are a few pics:

Ford Bronco So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails? Bronco mud flaps - 3
Ford Bronco So last call for a mud flap for Sasquatch, and or rock rails? bronco mud flaps 3 - 1

Sponsored
OP
OP
badclam

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ha Ha! I didn't know I was lost, but the fact you care enough to want to help me find my way, is truly a pleasant surprise!

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2DR Wildtrak that will be loaded up on a transport as early as Wednesday has the OEM ”tube step“ which I will likely replace with takeoff rock rails from a Badlands sometime down the road. If I were to remove the tube step and not replace it with anything for the time being, which mud flap would you recommend, and is it a DIY?
Sponsored