Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am recovering from some minor PTSD from this stupid incident. at an intersection, i could not get the bronco in to reverse fast enough (as I forgot you have to pull up on the shifter to go in to reverse) and an Amtrack train dropped the plastic barricade at the train tracks on my hood. It came down very slowly and felt like I was watching a horror movie for a moment as I was paralyzed not getting in reverse fast enough. a few paint chips on the brand new lovely shadow black paint. Only lesson I suppose is get familiar with going in reverse w manual transmission. hope you can recover your damage and move forward without too much grief.
Ford Bronco So mad at myself IMG_1802 (1)

OP
OP
twyoung1975

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am recovering from some minor PTSD from this stupid incident. at an intersection, i could not get the bronco in to reverse fast enough (as I forgot you have to pull up on the shifter to go in to reverse) and an Amtrack train dropped the plastic barricade at the train tracks on my hood. It came down very slowly and felt like I was watching a horror movie for a moment as I was paralyzed not getting in reverse fast enough. a few paint chips on the brand new lovely shadow black paint. Only lesson I suppose is get familiar with going in reverse w manual transmission. hope you can recover your damage and move forward without too much grief.
Ford Bronco So mad at myself IMG_1802 (1)
My feelings may take longer to mend than the vehicle 😆 I've already taken it in for an estimate, it'll probably be a few days before they can give me a price because sourcing parts is so difficult.

markavelli

Base
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My feelings may take longer to mend than the vehicle 😆 I've already taken it in for an estimate, it'll probably be a few days before they can give me a price because sourcing parts is so difficult.
It hurt my feelings too...still pretty emo about it

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

15 years ago I laid down a brand new ZX6R 2 miles from the dealership. I was devastated at the time. It was the first nice thing I'd ever bought. But I got it out of my system and today I can suck a boulder into my wheel well and not blink. I'm far more upset about our family vacation possibly being screwed up because of it than the damage itself. Shit happens and machines can be fixed or replaced.

Do insurance companies even "cut you a check" anymore? It's a lot more hassle than that nowadays LOL
They sure do. I've been rear ended twice in the last 5 years and got nice fat checks.

Sponsored

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will have an outerbanks grill for sale hopefully in a few weeks. I purchased a wildtrack grill but comes without letters clips and unpainted. It will be painted hopefully soon guy I work with that was going to paint this week caught covid. But once I have I will be selling my outerbanks with no clips and letters but will be painted.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All,
Please note that Tricky’s Bronco is on eBay right now.

I read it on the internet.
15 years ago I laid down a brand new ZX6R 2 miles from the dealership. I was devastated at the time. It was the first nice thing I'd ever bought. But I got it out of my system and today I can suck a boulder into my wheel well and not blink. I'm far more upset about our family vacation possibly being screwed up because of it than the damage that itself. Shit happens and machines can be fixed or replaced.

They sure do. I've been rear ended twice in the last 5 years and got nice fat checks.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would pound out dent ,put some filler as needed and flat black the hood.👍

Lolife

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at it this way, you now have a reason to order a different grill and or custom hood if you so choose. It does suck that happened, but shit happens. Make the best of it and forget about it.

Sponsored

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
15 years ago I laid down a brand new ZX6R 2 miles from the dealership. I was devastated at the time. It was the first nice thing I'd ever bought. But I got it out of my system and today I can suck a boulder into my wheel well and not blink. I'm far more upset about our family vacation possibly being screwed up because of it than the damage itself. Shit happens and machines can be fixed or replaced.

That's nutty - who do you work with for insurance? I have Progressive and I'm pretty sure the days of a customer receiving money directly are long gone with them, Geico, Allstate, etc... they have me bring it to a shop and they work it out with them and don't even really get me involved; I just pay my deductible.

OP
OP
twyoung1975

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Feel sorry that happened. Any insurance?
Yeah, I've already made a claim and been to the body shop for an estimate

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's nutty - who do you work with for insurance? I have Progressive and I'm pretty sure the days of a customer receiving money directly are long gone with them, Geico, Allstate, etc... they have me bring it to a shop and they work it out with them and don't even really get me involved; I just pay my deductible.
I have Farmers ins, my son hit a curb in a new Subie Outback. over $4,000 in repair cost "really" Farmers direct deposited money into my account they gave me the choice of check, direct deposit or direct payment to the shop. The cost ended up being $800 less than the estimate so I pocketed about $300 after deductible. So I guess some insurances still do cut checks.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's the question nobody has asked: Did you save 15% by switching to reverse and leaving the scene? :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored